Aurora speaker...coming up

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Are there any Aurora owners out there yet who can provide their thoughts on the Aurora?

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Borg Cube / Death Star Hybrid Horn :cool:

Attachments

• 179B5555-EEB7-43FC-A331-2E4603C97533.jpeg
    179B5555-EEB7-43FC-A331-2E4603C97533.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 21

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
I will be sharing videos and photos from my recent trip to Cyprus from Indonesia. Although the journey was challenging, with three flights in 19 hours, the visit was rejuvenating.

Stavros was a great host and took excellent care of me during my stay. He is a genius in building top-class musical instruments with a relentless pursuit of excellence. My seven-day experience with Aries Cerat was truly eye-opening, not only in terms of learning but also seeing the level of detail, quality, and perfection in Stavros's work.

As a 20-year audio enthusiast, I was amazed by the build quality and sound of the products. The sound can only be described as magical. Stavros kindly showed me his Aurora and Contendo 2 speaker systems, along with his TriodeFet QuintEssence amplifiers, which are now my new reference. The Ageto pre-amp is a must-have for the Essentia or QuintEssence amplifiers. I believe this combination will gain significant popularity in the coming months as more people hear it.
Stavros exudes restlessness in his approach to work, combining his engineering and design skills with an unparalleled level of precision and quality. He truly embodies the traits of a genius or mad scientist in his unrelenting pursuit of perfection.

Aries Cerat audio gear is more than just high-end; it's like a musical instrument that brings the soul of music to life. Every playback is an emotional experience. This is the type of gear that mature audiophiles truly appreciate, from sound quality to its insane build quality and unique proprietary circuit design. It offers both convenience and excellence.

What amazes me about the TriodeFet amplifiers is that they sound like the best of solid state, OTL, and SET tube amplifiers all at once, yet they don't sound like any of them. I've never come across an amplifier like this before, it truly defies description

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Here are some shots taken of the Both Types of Aurora:

Aurora_Aries_Cerat.jpg

Aurora_Ariescerat.jpg

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
The Aurora speakers possess unique features that set them apart in the industry, including the ability to fine-tune the mid and bass output remotely without any DSP or digital room correction. This is achieved by controlling the speaker completely in the analog domain, preserving the signal's purity.

The Aurora speakers are incredibly emotionally involving, capturing the listener and merging them with the music. It has an enchanting, alluring quality that makes every piece of music emotionally impactful. The experience of listening to music is not just auditory, but an emotional one that's difficult to describe with words and must be experienced in person

Reactions: morricab

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Aurora3.jpg

Aurora2.jpg Aurora4.jpg

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
A variety of sources were tested with the Ageto pre-amp and TriodeFet amplifiers and regardless of the source, the system always produced a smooth, transparent, and dynamic playback. The combination was fatigue-free, devoid of compression, and effortlessly produced a magical experience, with music floating effortlessly into the air

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Aurora26786.jpg Aurora26322.jpg

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
The musical playback was not mechanical in any way. The transparency and dynamics were fatigue-free, and every element blended beautifully without any overpowering ingredients. The sound was smooth, sweet, romantic, yet also had drive, rhythm, and impact when needed.

One thing that stood out to me was how emotionally engaging every piece of music was through the Aries Cerat system. Your mind is always drawn to the music, rather than evaluating the system, as if you're under the system's spell

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
My experience with Aries Cerat was so captivating that I made the decision to purchase the Aurora speakers, the QuintEssence Triodefet amplifier, and the Ageto (Inverted Triode) pre-amplifier. Initially, I had planned for a more compact system, but the enthralling impact of the Ianus series compelled me to become a distributor for Aries Cerat.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
The Concero 65 LE was paired with the Virgo Pre-amp (Legend Series) and extensively compared to the Ageto and QuintEssence TriodeFet amp. Both systems were highly musical, but the Ageto and Triodefet displayed a superior level of dynamics, transparency, and emotional impact, drawing me deeply into the music.

The Triodefet playback accurately conveyed the ambiance of recordings, enhancing the overall musical experience. On multiple occasions, I was moved to the point of experiencing the sensation of hair standing on end. I now realize that moving away from large bottle tubes was a blessing, as it eliminates the maintenance costs associated with them.

Reactions: fizzletop

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Any way to get the Aurora speakers to be finished the same on all four sides? That would look amazing.

Reactions: Willgolf

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Any way to get the Aurora speakers to be finished the same on all four sides? That would look amazing.
It's unlikely as the main structure is aluminum, different from wood, and the liquid copper finish cannot be applied to metal surfaces

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
It's unlikely as the main structure is aluminum, different from wood, and the liquid copper finish cannot be applied to metal surfaces
Pity. The only bit I don’t like is the grey and the stand. The rest is amazing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing