Avengers 4: Endgame - Trailer

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
sounds more to me from what I read that you don't want to mess with his girlfriend as she is The Hulk when it comes to Marc
Well, she does have green eyes. And yes, she can get quite angry.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So what would the cat be? Dark Phoenix???? :p
Well Wisnon, they're not quite threatening the destruction of all things a la Jean Grey LOL.

One cat interestingly is called Loki. Mere coincidence naming him that Ra wouldn't say no to a drink w Tom Hiddleston. And I wouldn't say no to double dating Scarlet Johansson.

Reactions: bonzo75

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Hmm, I have the power to buy any shiny audio box I wish, but my Ra just gives me one withering look and the purchase is off, and the cats only have to look at her in a particular way and she interrupts controlling me to opening up a tin of cat food.

Who's the strongest in our household?...

The one with power within, and without any external influences...humains, animals, plants and global warming (climate change). The who who can control the weather for the best, that's who who is the strongest in any household.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
There are so many Marvel superhero characters...Disney is set for the next billion years.
Buy shares of Disney; it's a safe investment.

Meanwhile Avengers: Endgame is amassing more money till it topples Avatar @ the box office, before the end of this month.

Sure, Gone With the Wind is the overall winner after inflation adjustment.
Those were the years...the 30s, and the 20s too and the 10s...Charlie Chaplin and Charleston music and dance.

* Captain Marvel is a she. There's no confusion.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
SPOILERS ALERT:

My son asked me if I saw HOW the gloves with stone transferred from the hand of Thanos to that of Iron Man. I said, it must be some magic. Disney owns the film. :D

What boggled me more is how or why Captain Marvel had to cut her hair, she was prettier with the long hair...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I was looking @ the top 10 grossing worldwide films (not taking into account inflation).
Avengers series has four films (three actually with the last one being two parts). So a trilogy.

All four films are in the top ten; totalling so far $7.25 billion (7,245.3)
That's very good business comic superheroes entertainment @ the movies.
20190508_192652.jpg

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Just watched it. The haircut is awful and probably a foretelling that they are going to ruin marvel with not light PC/SJWness, but pack it on till it dies like GarbageWars.

As far as Ron going to see this, it will have less meaning out of context from the other 22 movies than the last line in a big novel would. There is no reason whatsoever to watch only this movie.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Oh, the glove is easy to explain. Stark’s glove wasn’t as tough as the Infinity Gauntlet, and Thanos already showed how you can pop one out. Tony used his nanotech to snatch them, and form another Gauntlet. Pretty simple, nothing estranged.

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia. What a mess.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I wish Stark would make a power conditioner for us, it would be perfect

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The latest (box office revenues) /// 'Avengers: Endgame' plunges 60% on Friday ...

? https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...dolls-intruder-pikachu-captain-marvel-shazam/

It is starting to slow down big time. Still, I predict $3 billion (around there) by the end of its run; surpassing Avatar and becoming the almighty all time number one movie top best grossing $$$ worldwide, before inflation.
It's almost as good as Gone With the Wind money wise (inflation). ...But not as good romance wise (infatuation). Love conquers it all.

* Should pass the $2.5 billion mark by the end of the weekend.

The Russo brothers are disappointed; that people are more concerned about $$$ than the true value of their film. I would be too.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Bob

As I see it there are only 2 people in the galaxy who even remotely care about what the movie makes. You and Janes Cameron. We’ve heard from him once but we get a daily tally from you. Thanks for that. What to me is interesting is the dramatic fall off in viewers. I’m sure it will be the biggest money grosser until some other super hero movie overtakes this one. Records are meant to be broken.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The turn in nice weather is probably a factor, too. I suspect it'll run for weeks and still make money.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Tomorrow's Mother Day.

I don't give a rat ass about Avengers: Endgame's box office revenues; I just follow what billions of other people just care about ... box office revenues.
If the world would end tomorrow I wouldn't care for one short breath of air.
I care about nothing but love and peace. ...And the music playing. ...And Mom's birthday.

Numbers are fun to play with, I just like having fun.

* Look, Roma made dickinos @ the box office, a pitiful pittance...just few dollars, less than what the film costed and not enough to buy a shack in Abu Dhabi.
I could care less. It's the content I care about, the impact on my psyche, my intellectualism, my spiritual evolution, my humanitarian progress, my advancement towards nirvana bliss, my artistic cultural impact.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The turn in nice weather is probably a factor, too. I suspect it'll run for weeks and still make money.

Just to give you an idea ...

Avengers: Infinity War (Theaters) > In Release: 140 days / 20 weeks

I expect no less time with Avengers: Endgame playing in theaters, say around end of September.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Plus think of all the rentals which will add to it

I read that the movie cost $500M to make

That’s a lot of paychecks

GWTW IIRC cost $4M and ran for 4 hours with a 4 minute intermission. Ticket prices I’m betting we’re at most 50 cents at that time it was being shown (1930’s)

Several years ago it was shown once again in the Silver Screen for its 80 Anniversary

I’m betting it’ll be shown on its 100 Anniversary

The question is do you think The Avengers will be shown on its 80 Anniversary

Everything is relative consistent with the times. What impresses me is whether I’m entertained. I’ve seem movies made for a few million dollars that were better than movies costing 100 x that amount

Case in point is The Green Book which won Oscar for Best Picture

Maybe there should be an award each year for what movies cost or how much they make as that for some people is what is used to say a movie is good. For me that is for Disney studios and it’s shareholders to call profit or return on investment.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
No because it is not a Love story (Avengers). It will fade away till the next big Love story...Captain Marvell or else.

Green Book won't be showing in theaters 50 years from now, not even 5 months from now.

Roma? I can see it playing in theaters for its 100th Anniversary.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing