Avengers 4: Endgame - Trailer

Wisnon, you have to remember in the early 60s when Marvel exploded, DC w it's self satisfied and bland heroes, and horror/Westerns/romance comics dominated.

No one had ever seen flawed heroes racked w self doubt and angst like Spidey, The Thing, etc. Marvel absolutely tapped into teenage insecurity, and for this Stan "The Man" Lee was responsible, w the invaluable help of artists Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko.

So, for me and other teenagers who were a little quiet, introverted and insecure, Marvel really spoke to us.

The movies really don't tap into this for me personally, and the 90% running time masks off aspect is the clincher.
I was a total Marvel guy too...even as I read everything...even Archie comics. lol
We used to race to the shops to get the good episodes before they were bought out! I read Spidey...but was never my fav. X-Men and Defenders ruled. Like Avengers, Hulk and Thor too. Didnt like Iron man too much nor Capt America.

The best of the three, and also the best in (((3D))).
Mindless fun entertainment; a beautiful distraction out of reality.
Cate Blanchett, Hela rocks.

Plus immigrant song

Reactions: NorthStar
Avengers was awful. Not many got eliminated unfortunately so we will have more avenger movies in the future.

The trailers were even more apocalyptic, kind of a hifi battle between two forum guys, 16 Hz lover and basspig

If they can go into the past and have a rematch with Thanos, why can we not have a second referendum?

All they had to do was send a SOS to DC and Superman would have single handedly done the job for them, including time travel

I was a total Marvel guy too...even as I read everything...even Archie comics. lol
We used to race to the shops to get the good episodes before they were bought out! I read Spidey...but was never my fav. X-Men and Defenders ruled. Like Avengers, Hulk and Thor too. Didnt like Iron man too much nor Capt America.
Wisnon, for me Spidey was THE man. But as I grew older, the 70s Marvels resonate most w me. Dr. Strange (Brunner art), Warlock, Deathlok The Demolisher, and the b/w art comics aimed squarely at adults, Deadly Hands Of Kung Fu. Shang Chi and Dracula were fab too.

The last Marvels that really turned me on were the 80s FMiller Daredevil and XMen incl Phoenix saga.

The movies are a severe let down compared to the artistic summit these comics reached.

Also Wisnon, I remain in awe of SDitko art on those early Spidey issues, and initial DrStrange. With JKirby on Fantastic4our and Thor, John Buscema on SilverSurfer etc, the Marvel Method was an assembly line of sheer genius.

My favourite filmed Marvel adaptation? Bill Bixby Incredible Hulk from 70s. Real pathos.

Avengers was awful. Not many got eliminated unfortunately so we will have more avenger movies in the future.

The trailers were even more apocalyptic, kind of a hifi battle between two forum guys, 16 Hz lover and basspig

Which one; there are four of them.

The other day I was talking with a pro who was/is a Marvel comic fan and has read all the Marvel comic books. The guy is 79.
He said to me: "Bob, how come I saw a woman superhero not long ago on the cover of a film poster, there's no Marvel woman superhero; I've read all the comic books growing up?

By the way he's not a mindless person...him and his wife loved 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.
...The nicest couple in the world.

So I said to him: "Sir, her name is Captain Marvel."

He replied to me: "No way, I've read them all, there's no Marvel woman superhero!"
...In a firm and assured tone.

I said: "Sir, are you certain? ...I would need to Google and confirm. But I think yes way."
...Starring Brie Larson as ...

images

Yep, but she wasn't blonde originally. Or even white. The tediously woke Brie Larson really should never have taken the role of one that should have been given to a woman of color.

If they can go into the past and have a rematch with Thanos, why can we not have a second referendum?

:D

But NO POLITICS!

Er, Ron, killing half the population of the universe ISN'T political? LOL
I'm suprised Thanos wasn't revealed as the Extinction Rebellion leader w his anti-Malthusian mindset.

Yep, but she wasn't blonde originally. Or even white. The tediously woke Brie Larson really should never have taken the role of one that should have been given to a woman of color.

Marc, when I checked, Captain Marvel was originally a man.
She became a woman later on? I have no idea if she tinted her hair, and if she was of color different than bleach.

And Wonder Woman is a DC superhero.

Ron, relax. :cool: It's only a mindless movie, good only for airplanes viewing, and I wouldn't even watch it on a plane myself; I only watch comedies or animations on planes.

I was mostly OK with Wonder Woman until the very last scene when she was sitting down reflecting in her journal and the whole movie went to $hit instantly. The corniest ending to a movie ever!
Almost as bad as watching the whole damn Birdy movie and in the final scene Nick Cage is holding Birdy in his arms and asks him why he stopped talking and his response being "I didnt have anything to say" FML I want my time back.

Is there an agreement on the ranking of who is the strongest avenger or is this like audio

Reactions: NorthStar

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing