Axpona 22’ pictures

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
It’s also sad how they both hurt brands. they have no regard for high end audio retailers and makers who do there best to make amazing products. I’m not saying this just for bob of rhapsody it’s a general comment for all.
I don’t watch his you tube not just cause both seem out of touch to all but how and what they say about products.
jay comes accross as a gangster type trying to muscle his way into being
an experienced knowing Guide.
I think very little of him but I do see he is working hard to make it. This I respect but both have little respect for all they push back on and the sellers of audio.
i wonder how much of what he shows in his two car garage is his. perhaps a few outlet strips and power cords.
i dont know much of the OCD guy but he seems to be older and should be wiser to all.
im sure some feel the same but can’t or won’t call them out.
i don’t sell anything so I’m fine to point to the two clownish fools.
ignoring them is best but I also see why some cant or should not in doing business of this industry
what they both need is a simple talk in person to make them more clearly know how they effect all.
perhaps a lawsuit might be good as well.
let’s go back to axpona it was. A magical time for me and if it was much
larger wow what it may become again then.
sorry for my ramblings but these two really need a talk for sure.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I have told you before, I have zero interest in exchanging any messages with you. I haven't replied to a single post from you in months. Please stop pulling me in context
If you respond like yesterday to a normal post from me addressed to somebody else , you re asking for it .
The biggest Fyne model does have a 75 mm compression tweeter ( partly midrange )
Horns .gif

Last edited:

rando

Sep 22, 2019
And I replied with this to the video. Yesterday I posted it 25 times and it kept getting deleted. Today my comment has stayed for few hours.

Normally I would just ignore Jay, but this, along with Mikey OCD in the video, was pure outlandish.

It was funny last night Jay responded to my comment and asked if I could arrange for him to "evaluate" Pilium. I did not answer his comment post and then an hour later he deleted it.

At least this stopped short of... compiling a script that inserted you under every comment on every video on both their channels. :p

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
It’s also sad how they both hurt brands. they have no regard for high end audio retailers and makers who do there best to make amazing products. I’m not saying this just for bob of rhapsody it’s a general comment for all.
I don’t watch his you tube not just cause both seem out of touch to all but how and what they say about products.
I think very little of him but I do see he is working hard to make it. This I respect but both have little respect for all they push back on and the sellers of audio.
i wonder how much of what he shows in his two car garage is his. perhaps a few outlet strips and power cords.
i dont know much of the OCD guy but he seems to be older and should be wiser to all.
ignoring them is best but I also see why some cant or should not in doing business of this industry
what they both need is a simple talk in person to make them more clearly know how they effect all.
Well my friend, I am top USA seller for my brands. I have plenty regard for sellers as I showcased a local McIntosh/Focal seller for their excellence and they actually got a positive response from my vid as several people made appointments and mentioned my video. I had no idea until the dealer called to thank me 3 days ago. I am against the charlatans of the industry. The arrogant "old school" holier than thou, know it alls. I challenge them when they say things like "Best you can buy" ... Oh yeah ? Lets have a shootout with something a fifth of the cost that I consider to be the best Ive heard. Is there anything wrong with the feeling that I know great sound and strong value better than they do.. ? Can I not challenge the same old rhetoric and narrative ?? After my last video poking fun at how silly this industry has become I got 3 orders. So no matter how much your perception is negative, my numbers show different. My service and sales are as solid as it comes. I know its scary for traditional sales channels to feel the change that's happening in the industry, but the old guys are dying off along with their way of selling and their favorite designers. I happen to be able to connect with the next generation of audiophiles and thats quite frankly where the future is at. Clownish yes, fool, not even close brother. Please go ahead and ignore me if my disgust for the same old industry crap offends you. I am sharing an opinion about things openly. This is my perception after 23 years and I may be completely wrong. Its an opinion. So what. So If I need a "Talk" lets have it ... I have arrived for the talk... I am not talk and hide guy, go ahead and grill my intelligence.. Im here to respond in an open fair manner. Now is your chance to make a "Fool" of me ...

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
At least this stopped short of... compiling a script that inserted you under every comment on every video on both their channels. :p
That would put one on a even deeper "Low level" now wouldnt it ?

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Idiots who are bad for audio so sad to see this.
a great name that fits perfect is
Beavis and Butt-Head
i wish I thought of this
name sooner lol.
OK, so you're calling me an Idiot ? Go ahead my man, here I am to talk.... You like to call people names... prove yourself.

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
This statement is false. Doomed to obscurity, perhaps; mediocrity is something completely other. I hope the reason anyone gets into the high end audio business is because they love music and not anything else! Otherwise they are likely to be disappointed...

If you do it for money, that is what dooms you to mediocrity!
Amen, Ralph !! Good to see you at the show..

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Well my friend, I am top USA seller for my brands. I have plenty regard for sellers as I showcased a local McIntosh/Focal seller for their excellence and they actually got a positive response from my vid as several people made appointments and mentioned my video. I had no idea until the dealer called to thank me 3 days ago. I am against the charlatans of the industry. The arrogant "old school" holier than thou, know it alls. I challenge them when they say things like "Best you can buy" ... Oh yeah ? Lets have a shootout with something a fifth of the cost that I consider to be the best Ive heard. Is there anything wrong with the feeling that I know great sound and strong value better than they do.. ? Can I not challenge the same old rhetoric and narrative ?? After my last video poking fun at how silly this industry has become I got 3 orders. So no matter how much your perception is negative, my numbers show different. My service and sales are as solid as it comes. I know its scary for traditional sales channels to feel the change that's happening in the industry, but the old guys are dying off along with their way of selling and their favorite designers. I happen to be able to connect with the next generation of audiophiles and thats quite frankly where the future is at. Clownish yes, fool, not even close brother. Please go ahead and ignore me if my disgust for the same old industry crap offends you. I am sharing an opinion about things openly. This is my perception after 23 years and I may be completely wrong. Its an opinion. So what. So If I need a "Talk" lets have it ... I have arrived for the talk... I am not talk and hide guy, go ahead and grill my intelligence.. Im here to respond in an open fair manner. Now is your chance to make a "Fool" of me ...

Verastarr, I find your candor refreshing. I welcome a broader perspective and the expression of, and enthusiasm for, alternative approaches. There are many ways to go about reaching one's goal. I hope this forum remains a place where people feel invited to share different opinions about what is best.

Reactions: wil

rando

Sep 22, 2019
That would put one on a even deeper "Low level" now wouldnt it ?

At the point of reposting a comment multiple, neither here nor there if it actually was over two dozen, times I hoped everyone infracted would be given towards pause on that statement. Taking such actions off the table would appear to point him back towards levelheaded introspection more than it infringes on ability to conduct business as (any of) you see fit. :)

(Edited for spelling)

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Verastar, Thank you for being here to talk. I would like to talk with you.

In your last video with Jay where you said:

1) Bob Visintainer (me) was not representing the Alsyvox brand properly. You said "I don't know anything about that guy, but I've heard some things". You also said "He's (me) sitting around and doesn't want to do any work".

>>>Rhapsody paid a deposit for an Alsyvox room for 2020. The plan was to have a large enough room so that we could show the Botticelli at the show. The larger room never materialized . Rhapsody chose to do a Bayz Audio/Pilium/Esoteric/Taiko/Nordost room in instead at Axpona.

I drove 13 hours to and from the show so that I would not have to ship my R2R/Master tapes so visitors at the show could hear them in our room. I also brought my Taiko Extreme, Esoteric Digital and Nordost Odin cables for the room.

The Chicago Rhapsody Listening Room owner, Jerry Barker and I, loaded the 300lb Achilles stereo amplifier along with the Bayz speakers into and out of the room by ourselves.

Rhapsody/Alsyvox did a large room at the last RMAF show. Not sure if you were there? Many reports are available from that show about our room.

We are planning on showing Alsyvox/Pilium at the upcoming NW audio show at the end of July.

I helped Daniele, who I work VERY closely with arrange the Alsyvox/Jadis room a the upcoming Munich show.

2) I did not attend Axpona 22, I just sit around New York and take orders, is what you stated in the video.

>>>Per above and Jay, who said he never heard Pilium did a video in our room at Axpona 22 of our Pilium/Bayz system. then of course trashed the room in a video. No problem, it's his opinion. I respect all opinions.

3) You quoted in your video that the US price for Botticelli is $130K. You said that Rhapsody "fluffed up" this price so that we could discount heavily.

>>>The US retail list price is $92,000usd, which includes shipping and installation if necessary. Additional external (optional) crossovers are available for $30,000 pair.

Rhapsody sells the Alsyvox very close to the retail price. We now have, including the six Rhapsody Listening Rooms, approximately 20 pairs of Alsyvox products/speakers in the US. This has happened over the last 2 years.

4) My store is in New York and I sit back and take orders.

>>>> In the last 12 months Rhapsody has opened five additional locations (Rhapsody Listening Rooms) across the US. Each location has Alsvox and Pilium, along with Bayz and Diesis available for demonstration. The RLRs were opened so people could visit and hear Alsyvox and the other brands that Rhapsody represents, in well set up systems, throughout the year, not just at shows.

5) It was stated in your video with Jay (Jay said it) that there was some experiment going on at Magico with Pilium or "something".

>>>>A complete Pilium preamp/4 mono amps has been installed at Magico for the last 12 months. The Pilium system is driving the M9s in the Magico showroom.

Magico and Pilium are showing together in the upcoming Munich show.

Rhapsody is the only dealer in the US that has Magico M9s installed in our Dallas Rhapsody Listening Room. The system is driven by a complete Pilium system.

6) In your YT/Jay video you said I only have my store in New York and just sell Pilium from my store.

>>>As stated above there are six Rhapsody locations across the US and then the full Magico M9 system at Magico that is available to demo Pilium.

Konstantinos Pilios, the owner of Pilium just spent the last 10 days, traveling to Magico in CA, Bob West at the Portland RLR, Chris in Dallas the the Dallas RLR and then four days in Brooklyn at Rhapsody/Brooklyn.

We exhibited as stated Pilium at Axpona and are planning the next show in the NW to also demonstrate Pilium.

As you said you don't know me. I don't know you either, other than watching you on your video stating all of the mentioned items above about myself and Rhapsody.

I am an open book, if you would like further detail or further clarification on the points that I made above then let's talk as you said you are here to talk.

EDIT- Rhapsody also opened up three technical support centers (Brooklyn, Chicago and San Fran) in the last two years. These service centers can repair or service any of the products that Rhapsody represents.

Last edited:

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
I personally know a lot of hard working folks in the audio world. My experience with Bob and Rhapsody has always been over the top stellar, I would easily place him sitting there at the top….not alone; however, it is a very small group :)!

vbw,
-a

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Verastar, Thank you for being here to talk. I would like to talk with you.

In your last video with Jay where you said:

1) Bob Visintainer (me) was not representing the Alsyvox brand properly. You said "I don't know anything about that guy, but I've heard some things". You also said "He's (me) sitting around and doesn't want to do any work".

>>>Rhapsody paid a deposit for an Alsyvox room for 2020. The plan was to have a large enough room so that we could show the Botticelli at the show. The larger room never materialized . Rhapsody chose to do a Bayz Audio/Pilium/Esoteric/Taiko/Nordost room in instead at Axpona.

I drove 13 hours to and from the show so that I would not have to ship my R2R/Master tapes so visitors at the show could hear them in our room. I also brought my Taiko Extreme, Esoteric Digital and Nordost Odin cables for the room.

The Chicago Rhapsody Listening Room owner, Jerry Barker and I, loaded the 300lb Achilles stereo amplifier along with the Bayz speakers into and out of the room by ourselves.

Rhapsody/Alsyvox did a large room at the last RMAF show. Not sure if you were there? Many reports are available from that show about our room.

We are planning on showing Alsyvox/Pilium at the upcoming NW audio show at the end of July.

I helped Daniele, who I work VERY closely with arrange the Alsyvox/Jadis room a the upcoming Munich show.

2) I did not attend Axpona 22, I just sit around New York and take orders, is what you stated in the video.

>>>Per above and Jay, who said he never heard Pilium did a video in our room at Axpona 22 of our Pilium/Bayz system. then of course trashed the room in a video. No problem, it's his opinion. I respect all opinions.

3) You quoted in your video that the US price for Botticelli is $130K. You said that Rhapsody "fluffed up" this price so that we could discount heavily.

>>>The US retail list price is $92,000usd, which includes shipping and installation if necessary. Additional external (optional) crossovers are available for $30,000 pair.

Rhapsody sells the Alsyvox very close to the retail price. We now have, including the six Rhapsody Listening Rooms, approximately 20 pairs of Alsyvox products/speakers in the US. This has happened over the last 2 years.

4) My store is in New York and I sit back and take orders.

>>>> In the last 12 months Rhapsody has opened five additional locations (Rhapsody Listening Rooms) across the US. Each location has Alsvox and Pilium, along with Bayz and Diesis available for demonstration. The RLRs were opened so people could visit and hear Alsyvox and the other brands that Rhapsody represents, in well set up systems, throughout the year, not just at shows.

5) It was stated in your video with Jay (Jay said it) that there was some experiment going on at Magico with Pilium or "something".

>>>>A complete Pilium preamp/4 mono amps has been installed at Magico for the last 12 months. The Pilium system is driving the M9s in the Magico showroom.

Magico and Pilium are showing together in the upcoming Munich show.

Rhapsody is the only dealer in the US that has Magico M9s installed in our Dallas Rhapsody Listening Room. The system is driven by a complete Pilium system.

6) In your YT/Jay video you said I only have my store in New York and just sell Pilium from my store.

>>>As stated above there are six Rhapsody locations across the US and then the full Magico M9 system at Magico that is available to demo Pilium.

Konstantinos Pilios, the owner of Pilium just spent the last 10 days, traveling to Magico in CA, Bob West at the Portland RLR, Chris in Dallas the the Dallas RLR and then four days in Brooklyn at Rhapsody/Brooklyn.

We exhibited as stated Pilium at Axpona and are planning the next show in the NW to also demonstrate Pilium.

As you said you don't know me. I don't know you either, other than watching you on your video stating all of the mentioned items above about myself and Rhapsody.

I am an open book, if you would like further detail or further clarification on the points that I made above then let's talk as you said you are here to talk.
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your reply. Let me respond below. Ill tell you why I can appreciate you in a PM.

I am clear on your work regarding the show and I am sorry you must endure the pain in the rear that shows are.
I dont even know Pillium and have no comment and did not make any comment that I know of.

I did speak out of turn and got caught up in the "piss and moaning" of the conversation, so for that I apologize. I was very much looking forward to hearing Alsyvox at the show. Again, I dont know you or your work ethic or anything about what you put into any particular brand. I was told that the Alsyvox speakers were $130K so I stand corrected at your $122K for the speakers. They were retail $80K complete when I spoke with Daniele before you picked the brand up. I have a disdain for fluffing of retail prices just so dealers can discount which is a low integrity way to sell. If you are not a discounter, you get all my respect.

If the speakers you sell are making Rhapsody Audio Listening rooms around the USA, thats great. All the power to you ...!

Id love to hear them still and should be headed up the coast to visit some clients. If you'll have me, Id be happy to meet and come listen and promote what you are doing . I liked the brand enough to inquire about importing it myself, so Id like to see if my instinct was on point. :)

Thanks for showing up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvin

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
I personally know a lot of hard working folks in the audio world. My experience with Bob and Rhapsody has always been over the top stellar, I would easily place him sitting there at the top….not alone; however, it is a very small group :)!

vbw,
-a
Thanks Alf, Just met him. Seems like a solid guy...

Reactions: ALF

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your reply. Let me respond below. Ill tell you why I can appreciate you in a PM.

I am clear on your work regarding the show and I am sorry you must endure the pain in the rear that shows are.
I dont even know Pillium and have no comment and did not make any comment that I know of.

I did speak out of turn and got caught up in the "piss and moaning" of the conversation, so for that I apologize. I was very much looking forward to hearing Alsyvox at the show. Again, I dont know you or your work ethic or anything about what you put into any particular brand. I was told that the Alsyvox speakers were $130K so I stand corrected at your $122K for the speakers. They were retail $80K complete when I spoke with Daniele before you picked the brand up. I have a disdain for fluffing of retail prices just so dealers can discount which is a low integrity way to sell. If you are not a discounter, you get all my respect.

If the speakers you sell make a Rhapsody Audio Listening room, thats great. All the power to you ...

Id love to hear them still and should be headed up the coast to visit some clients. If you'll have me, Id be happy to meet and come listen and promote what you are doing . I liked the brand enough to inquire about importing it myself, so Id like to see if my instinct was on point. :)

Thanks for showing up.
To close on "this episode" Mike was kind and gracious enough to give me a call. We are all cool and I invited Mike to come and visit. I look forward to him visiting and for us to get to know each other, in person, a bit better.

Case closed. Everyone is happy:)

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Verastarr, I find your candor refreshing. I welcome a broader perspective and the expression of, and enthusiasm for, alternative approaches. There are many ways to go about reaching one's goal. I hope this forum remains a place where people feel invited to share different opinions about what is best.
Thanks for your words of support Peter. You seem to understand my intent and heart is in the right place. Yes a tad unconventional, and many times unpolished. I do have this affliction called attention to "Value" and "Integrity". I feel our industry is a sacred spot for connection to Music, so I take dishonesty within this framework personal in a certain way. Perhaps I could work on "Grace" a little more.... ;-)

Reactions: PeterA

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

I actually think much of this -- definitely rambling -- criticism is inapposite. On their respective YouTube channels it seems to me that Mike and Jay know their audience, and that they are delivering what they believe their subscribers want. What is wrong with that? Whether they lead their subscribers and customers astray or to the audio promised land is only for those subscribers and customers to determine for themselves.

Each of their channels has thousands of subscribers. Far from being "out of touch" they seem to be quite in touch with certain segments of the audio world which, apparently, are unfamiliar to you.

Feel free to ignore them and to not watch their channels. But calling them clowns or fools or condescendingly claiming they need a talking to is indefensibly rude and inappropriate.

A lawsuit? Did you go to law school over the weekend?

Reactions: SCAudiophile

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

vbw,
-a
ALF,....a friend here locally had a similarly great experience with Bob and wound up very happily making a rather large upgrade
to both Alsyvoxx and Pilium offerings. I don't know Bob at all however from what this gentleman related to me, it was first class
customer service and a great experience where he was treated well and with respect.

Reactions: Bobvin and ALF

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
ALF,....a friend here locally had a similarly great experience with Bob and wound up very happily making a rather large upgrade
to both Alsyvoxx and Pilium offerings. I don't know Bob at all however from what this gentleman related to me, it was first class
customer service and a great experience where he was treated well and with respect.
Sam is one my favorite all time customers. What a guy!!!!

Reactions: SCAudiophile

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing