Best Bass Demo Albums or Tracks

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Thanks guys, I have a few of the recommendations.
Now What about heavy percussive tracks? Well recorded and explosive kick and Asian drum albums?
Now looking for a combination of epic -40hz bass combined with ultra fast rise times.

Well as I mentioned previous post--try some Kodo:D

BruceD

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Lets not forget Primus too.. My Name is Mud from the 1993 CD Pork Soda is awesome. As is Victor Wooten's Show of Hands..

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Hey guys, trying to speed up the break-in on my new speaks. Can anyone recommend a good album or tracks that can give my woofers a good workout?

Kerry, a few that come to mind include:

- The recently released A Star is Born soundtrack.
- Stanley Clarke - Live
- Steely Dan - Two Against Nature
- Herb Alpert - Colors. But only if you want your woofers fully broken in at 45 min flat. Be warned, at louder listening volumes some speakers may not survive.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
Kerry, a few that come to mind include:

- The recently released A Star is Born soundtrack.
- Stanley Clarke - Live
- Steely Dan - Two Against Nature
- Herb Alpert - Colors. But only if you want your woofers fully broken in at 45 min flat. Be warned, at louder listening volumes some speakers may not survive.
Which cut on Colors John?

Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
I think all 10 tracks except "Think About It".

Oh, and Bela Fleck's Greatest Hits with a pretty awesome 5-string bass is pretty good.

Last edited:

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Noisia -- Split The Atom

The title track is a bass tour de force, and the whole album will test your entire system.

RoonShareImage-637223285115337660.png

Steve Z

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Another track that has bass that fills the room and carries the song along in a very trippy way:

L$D by A$AP Rocky

maxresdefault.jpg

Enjoy!

Steve Z

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
One that hasn't been mentioned -- Mari Boine "Eallin". Try out track 7. about 30 sec in the bass hits. This album was recorded live. I love the music and the sound. She does not sing in English if that causes issues for anyone. The other tracks on this album are also nice. I think it is track 5 she plays a wooden pan flute. If you system is bright or edgy you will skip this track quickly.

A couple of years ago I took this CD to RMAF. I went in the WIlson sales pitch room (Many of you may recall this system was the new Alexx powered by 4 D'Agostino momentum 400's). After the pitch I walked up to the guys chatting at the DCS stack and asked if they would play this CD. After giving me a look of disdain they reluctantly agreed. After the big bass hit about 30 sec in the guy came up to me and asked "what CD is that?!". Later on in the show I went to the Raidho room. Again I asked the guy curating the music if he would play this CD. He was extremely enthusiastic -- "Yes, yes, yes. This is a top 10 album. We must play it." Story of two rooms. One trying to sell gear by telling you how great it is and the other by showing you by letting you listen to great music.

Attachments

• MariBoine.jpg
    MariBoine.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 16

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
One that hasn't been mentioned -- Mari Boine "Eallin". Try out track 7. about 30 sec in the bass hits. This album was recorded live. I love the music and the sound. She does not sing in English if that causes issues for anyone. The other tracks on this album are also nice. I think it is track 5 she plays a wooden pan flute. If you system is bright or edgy you will skip this track quickly.

A couple of years ago I took this CD to RMAF. I went in the WIlson sales pitch room (Many of you may recall this system was the new Alexx powered by 4 D'Agostino momentum 400's). After the pitch I walked up to the guys chatting at the DCS stack and asked if they would play this CD. After giving me a look of disdain they reluctantly agreed. After the big bass hit about 30 sec in the guy came up to me and asked "what CD is that?!". Later on in the show I went to the Raidho room. Again I asked the guy curating the music if he would play this CD. He was extremely enthusiastic -- "Yes, yes, yes. This is a top 10 album. We must play it." Story of two rooms. One trying to sell gear by telling you how great it is and the other by showing you by letting you listen to great music.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just listened on Tidal and love the music.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Reactions: oldmustang

Kenc

Jan 3, 2019
Toronto, Canada
a few I like,

for vinyl try Bidin' my Time from "Ira, George and Joe" by Joe Pass on Pablo.
for CD try Unstatic and/or Presentation from "Unstatic" by Manu Katche
electronica try Suppa from "Alpha" by Audion

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Chico Freeman- Spirit Sensitive- Autumn in New York
(Double Bass)

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing