Best HDMI cable for video and audio?

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
I want to purchase a top qualily (Below US$1K if possible) short 48Gbps HDMI Cable. Considering perhaps the Audioquest Vodka 48 or Audioquest Thunderbird 48.

The cable will be used to connect my Appletv X to my Audiopraise VanityPRO. The Vanity Pro is connected to the projector with an Audioquest Cherry Cola 15m hdmi cable.

Has anyone done an audio and/or video comparision of HDMI cables? Best Hdmi cable? Please share

Carbon sounds better than the Vodka in my experience.

Screenshot-20240726-183045-Facebook.jpg

According to that mysterious loudspeaker manufacturer the Carbon is the best in their whole HDMI line up.

Last edited:
Reactions: VPN
I recently compared the Wireworld 1 meter Platinum Starlight HDMI to three different Blue Jeans 3 meter cables (series1, 4 and FE). Going from the ATVX to an LG TV.
The Blue Jeans FE series is by far the best. It is the sharpest and most detailed with the best color saturation.
Note : The B.J. FE series is 18G 4k.
By comparison the W.W. looks washed out and not nearly as sharp. Actually it is the worst of the bunch.
1M W.W. = $800.
3M Blue Jeans FE = $21.50.

Reactions: VPN
There is another company who makes HDMI cables:

1722006526974.png

Lanedri cables are made with the same process as the QSA HDMI cables.
I've neither seen them or tried them. But if there is one HDMI cable worth trying and comparing to others, it is this one.
1722006660784.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu