Does Excellent HDMI Video Performance Equate to Similar Audio Performance

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
I'm looking to buy a quality HDMI Cable to use in my HT setup.
I currently have a SONY UBP-X800 feeding 4K HQR signals to my beloved 65" SONY 4K HDR OLED TV.
I've tried and liked the AQ Diamond, but would like to audition others in the $1500 or lower price range.
Eventually I'll install my legacy ONKYO HT Receiver down the road.
Any recommendations and comparisons to the AQ diamond would be appreciated.

Does Video and Audio performance go hand in hand with HDMI cables?

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
Anyone?

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 23, 2010
Monument, CO
I can't speak to the "sound" of an HDMI cable and have no experience with "high-end" HDMI cables. The audio (up to 192k/24b per channel) is embedded in the digital data stream (it is all digital "bits") so in general a cable that passes the (much higher bandwidth) video should handle the audio just fine. Based on that, my answer would be a qualified "yes" in that the audio bandwidth is much lower than the video but audio data is part of the data stream.

FWIWFM/HTH - Don

Reactions: Kal Rubinson

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing