C1/D1 optimisation with Streaming E/T card

Brahmsian

VIP/Donor
Aug 2, 2020
Marshall Nack first documented this tip and I was somewhat sceptical initially with his advice but he was quite correct. If you have a C1/D1 combo and you want to enjoy it to the max, you should not have the C1 connected to network. Having the C1 connected to the network does have an impact the sound. In my case, I lose a fair bit of bloom, depth and timbre. Now, when I am in CD spinning mode, I turn off the switch. I only have the switch on if I am playing Tidal and music from my music server.

And before you ask, yes, I have optimised my network. And I have the latest and greatest from CH. Perhaps this issue only inflicts Marshall and me but as I have experienced this after several hours of testing, I thought I would share it out of interest.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing