Center Stage 2

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020

SerpensCaput

Aug 7, 2022
Wow. Epic. I love it! After years and years and years and years of pretending, I finally understand the meaning of the phrase, "Stupid is as Stupid does". What Stupid does is create a report on feet before they are settled and present the noise as "professional discovery ". And what Stupid is, is not realizing how stupid that is. The settling process is nasty.This is stipulated. To pretend this is new news is, well, stupid.
What exactly is there to "settle" in construction comprising of a steel ball sandwiched in between two chunks of aluminium?

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I do own both CS2 and CS2M and gave them both a fair chance. So now that we have the ignorance ruled out - what gives?

CS2 never "settled" nor changed in sound signature for me either. I had them for several months. And I also wonder what is there to "settle", as the design seems to be comprised of preloaded Sorbothane and a captive bearing between aluminum and possibly stainless steel.

Last edited:

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
That is interesting. Mine went from sounding ok (the first day) to just awful for about a week before transforming into the best sound of any footer I have tried.
If your CM2 footers were purchased used, could it be that the unit you used them on was similar in weight as the previous owner?

If purchased new, this is way different than my experience.

ozzy

Reactions: Steve Williams

mageak

Jan 3, 2022
ive had mine under my aon s10 sig for 3 weeks now gonna do an a b. whats the best way

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
ive had mine under my aon s10 sig for 3 weeks now gonna do an a b. whats the best way
Play songs you like and know. Remove the CS footers and play the same songs again. Keep the 4 feet close to where you removed so that you can easily put them back in which I’m betting you will ;)

mageak

Jan 3, 2022
so i tried it with annette askvik liberty.

with cms cs2m .8

better bass
her voice was less pitchy bright. same with piano.

general feeling of things sounding more right. easier to listen to and be immersed in the music.

thats my 2 cents worth.

cost alot more than 2 cents to buy them though!

Steve Williams

No help needed. Thank you though.
Brian

IIIRC you used first generation CS footers loaned to you by your dealer 3-4 years ago. Correct me if I’m wrong but you have never heard CS2 or CS2M

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Brian

IIIRC you used first generation CS footers loaned to you by your dealer 3-4 years ago. Correct me if I’m wrong but you have never heard CS2 or CS2M
I think they were CS2. In order to be sure, I'd have to go back and look at my pictures as I don't honestly remember at the moment. It was definitely pre-COVID. My experience around "settling time" would apply to all generations though. I remember this audible settling time being mentioned from the very first product.

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com
I think they were CS2. In order to be sure, I'd have to go back and look at my pictures as I don't honestly remember at the moment. It was definitely pre-COVID. My experience around "settling time" would apply to all generations though. I remember this audible settling time being mentioned from the very first product.
Pretty sure they were CS2. As I recall you said you did observe a change under your phono stage but that the position of some instruments weren't right? Don't recall your specific feedback so excuse me if I have it wrong.

Cheers, Joe

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Pretty sure they were CS2. As I recall you said you did observe a change under your phono stage but that the position of some instruments weren't right? Don't recall your specific feedback so excuse me if I have it wrong.

Cheers, Joe
Joe, yes, I could clearly hear the effect of the footers. But over several weeks and months, I didn't observe "settling" or changes to the effect the footers imparted on the sound.

Reactions: mountainjoe

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
that should be of no issue whatsoever
My reply was that if the footers he is using were previously used, perhaps his component is similar in weight. That could explain why he did not experience the break in. I have found that if I move mine to different equipment it takes time for them to resettle.
Let me know if I need to explain it further.
ozzy

Steve Williams

I understand completely.
once you remove them there is a short resettle time but TBH a similar weight item should not be an issue. The longer they are out of a component the longer the time to resettle. That’s why I tell people to leave the footer beside the corner from which they were removed so that they can be quickly reinserted.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing