CES 2013: Genesis Room with TechDAS Air Force One and Vertere Reference Tonearm

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
And for those comments about my alignment gauges, I have indeed updated the newest ones so that the target plate that rests on the stylus tip and cantilever is adjutable in height so that greater accuracy is assured. THe math was repeated many times to ensure accuracy, and I can promise you that these gauges will give you an accuracy that is as great as any off-arm protractor. And yes, we now have three different gauges for the 3 arm lengths of (nominally) 9,10 and 12-inch.

Thanks for this information Bob. I will get an updated guage.

Can the updated alignment guages just be ordered through normal retail channels?

Thanks

The Phantom

Sep 6, 2012
Hi and yes, the gauge can be ordered through regular channels. If none are available in your area (Australia?) you can contact me directly.
Many thanks - Bob

Thanks for this information Bob. I will get an updated guage.

Can the updated alignment guages just be ordered through normal retail channels?

Thanks

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

I think people who have a very very dry sense of humor [and I include myself here] MUST be sure to use some sort of emoticons in those circumstances lest their intentions be misunderstood.

When you read a forum post, there is no other way to tell a statement is being made with a smile without them.

I'll take that crappy old Graham off of you for a hundred smackeroonies! Can't beat that for digital.

I simply must disagree here for the simple reason that to destroy the ambiguity is to destroy the joke. I really liked that Amir kept the suspense going until the next paragraph. I say this as one whose SOH is probably darker than most, and probably for this reason I'm eager that people are able to preserve the necessary ambiguity in order for the subjective effect not to be softened :cool:

If nobody ever falls for a joke then all the jokes on WBF are going to be sub-optimal ones.

While I agree with what you say, you need to be prepared for a few hurt feelings or angry people who didn't get it.

Yes, but some people use smiley face emoticons to hide the daggers they are employing.

I agree with what you say.

As Lotfi Zadeh said 'Friends come and go but enemies accumulate.'

---- As Bob Graham said earlier; we are all sensitive people.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Back to regularly scheduled programming........ besides Amir's review of the room, here's one from Scot Hull with lots of pretty pictures:
http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/01/19/ces-2013-yes-the-genesis-g2jr-will-fit-through-your-door/

and one from Dave Thomas (scroll down almost to the end):
http://www.stereotimes.com/CES13DT.shtml

I'm still waiting for one from Myles on Positive Feedback. Hopefully he posts the albums he brought (including which pressing). I bought a couple of the ones I remembered, and at home, they sound nothing like what I remember hearing in Vegas!!

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Back to regularly scheduled programming........ besides Amir's review of the room, here's one from Scot Hull with lots of pretty pictures:
http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/01/19/ces-2013-yes-the-genesis-g2jr-will-fit-through-your-door/

and one from Dave Thomas (scroll down almost to the end):
http://www.stereotimes.com/CES13DT.shtml

I'm still waiting for one from Myles on Positive Feedback. Hopefully he posts the albums he brought (including which pressing). I bought a couple of the ones I remembered, and at home, they sound nothing like what I remember hearing in Vegas!!

Those reviews must be really old as the AF1 table was only $79,000 then. ;)

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

You got me Mark. The one from Dave is newer as the AF1 is $79,500 on that, whereas Scot had it at $75,000. It's going up faster than the price of gas! ;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I think the price was mis-stated. Rather than $79,500 as written, I think it should have said $97,500 as seen in Bob Graham's price list

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I think the price was mis-stated. Rather than $79,500 as written, I think it should have said $97,500 as seen in Bob Graham's price list

Nope. Remember going into CES, the price for the AF1 was set much lower than what it was coming out of CES.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I should have bought call options on the af1 :D
But as i understood its a kind of micro seiki revival which is cool

Last edited:

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi and yes, the gauge can be ordered through regular channels. If none are available in your area (Australia?) you can contact me directly.
Many thanks - Bob

Hi Bob

Hope you are reading, perhaps you can pm me your email address, as nobody responds to the one on your website :-(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing