CH Precision 10 series

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
are the prices a secret?

What r the current prices and what r the Jan. 1st 2022 prices??
No there are no secrets the M10 stereo is 93000 US now and 104,000 Jan 1. The Preamp L10 is 73000 US now and 76000 after Jan 1

Reactions: Kingsrule

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I just installed my CH M10 mono blocks yesterday to pair with my CH L10 true mono preamp (4 box). Fourteen hours into the break in process. I am running them in active biamplification mode with my Rockport Arrakis speakers. If they sound this good this early I can't imagine what they will sound like a few weeks from now.

Arnie

Congratulations, Arnie! Thank you for letting us know!

Reactions: arnies

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Million dollar questions
Whats the min impedance of the arrakis ?
How tight is the bass ?
How do side firing woofers compare to frontfiring in your view?

Last edited:

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I just installed my CH M10 mono blocks yesterday to pair with my CH L10 true mono preamp (4 box). Fourteen hours into the break in process. I am running them in active biamplification mode with my Rockport Arrakis speakers. If they sound this good this early I can't imagine what they will sound like a few weeks from now.

Arnie
Wow congrats.looks stunning.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Oh my, that's a lot of subs! Congrats!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congrats Arnie! I've been running my L10/M10M set (mono mode) on my Ultra 11s for some months now and I am very happy :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I would like to
Ask to Arnies,even if not simple to check if has more improvements changing L10 mono with L1 mono or M1.1 mono vs M10 mono
Thanks and big congrats

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
I would like to
Ask to Arnies,even if not simple to check if has more improvements changing L10 mono with L1 mono or M1.1 mono vs M10 mono
Thanks and big congrats
HI Gian,

Thanks very much.

It's hard to be sure which 10 series component makes the biggest difference at this point because my M10 monos have just started their break in process. Based on what I have heard so far, I do anticipate that the M10 monos will make an even larger improvement compared to my M1.1 monos than the L10 true mono 4 box setup did compared to the L1 4 box setup that I had before. However, I would say that to maximize the total improvement of either of these components, you would need both of them.

Arnie

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I would like to
Thanks and big congrats
Giani, I have just gotten M10 as well and plan on installing an L10 next year as they still have a substantial wait list.
I am thrilled with the M10 and my first thought after a few days is I need to get the L10 as well.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Thanks Arnies and Elliot.
I asked because early next year i have money to change one of them but not both,even if one or other is same because in future need to change other to have both

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
HI Gian,

Thanks very much.

It's hard to be sure which 10 series component makes the biggest difference at this point because my M10 monos have just started their break in process. Based on what I have heard so far, I do anticipate that the M10 monos will make an even larger improvement compared to my M1.1 monos than the L10 true mono 4 box setup did compared to the L1 4 box setup that I had before. However, I would say that to maximize the total improvement of either of these components, you would need both of them.

Arnie
This is fantastic news, Arnie. I really think the Rockport Arrakis is far and away the greatest speaker I have ever heard...and you have surely invested into them with a remarkable system (not to mention the REL 6-pack)! Enjoy!

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
This is fantastic news, Arnie. I really think the Rockport Arrakis is far and away the greatest speaker I have ever heard...and you have surely invested into them with a remarkable system (not to mention the REL 6-pack)! Enjoy!
Thanks very much Lloyd.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I am not a reviewer nor do I ever plan on playing one on TV and I almost never would stay in a Holiday Inn Express.
Now that is out of the way and I am going to try to explain what I am hearing in my room with the M10 versus what I was listening to before with the M1.1
First I bought it and I am not trying to sell anything to anyone. No one gets sold a 93000 amp they have to want to buy it.

The M10 is first of all incredibly quiet so much so that you can really get drawn intot he music and space within the music. The space between the notes as Mozart Said is where the music lies. The initial thing I noticed now that the M10 has settled in and I got a peaceful few hours to listen today was my room is bigger. The entire sense of being in my room is gone. The amplifier is so good at getting the leading edge of the instruments as well as the sound of the note and the decay that is startling. I spent some time listening to Willie Nelson To all the Girls today. I love the album and Willie has such an easy to listen to way about the music and the band is just in this really special groove when I listen to Far Away places I want to just melt in my chair. The system now is showing me life-size three dimensional fully fleshed out human images. I'm not sure how to describe what it was doing before but it wasn't this!!!!!. The voices exist in my space and they are right in front of me,. This record is duets with voices like Cheryl Crow, Allison Krauss and Melody Cannon and the sound of both the male and female voice is just reach out and touchable. I tried a few others albums with vocals I like and Springsteen Live on Broadway Brilliant Disguise with the Boss and Patti is just beautifully believable. I played the Carmen Suite by the Moscow Virtuosi conduction by Shchedrin which is a wonderful version with incredible space and dynamics and it never sounded like this before. Incredible micro dynamics on the percussion instruments and soaring crescendos and slam with the drums and full orchestra. I have to leaver sadly as I have stuff to do tonight but I finished with a piece I love but is very hard for a system to play and that's Chucks Mangione's Children of Sanchez. It is a solo voice and acoustic guitar that leads into thunderous drums and a lot of brass. I could never play this full through a few years back but I can easily now and it just kicks ass. I am going to buy an L10 before the year ends as if it does anything close to what the amp does I got to have it.

The M1-1 is a wonderful amplifier that i have lived with for over 3 years. It worked flawlessly and I have totally enjoyed it. The M10 is just from a whole new place and once heard one can't unhear it. I am very lucky this year as this is the second such discovery that have taken my system, my speakers and my pleasure to new places.

pk_LA

VIP/Donor
Oct 21, 2021
I listened to the M10 monos and L10 a couple weeks back. The system was Wadax Ref DAC -> L10 -> M10 monos -> Stenheim Reference. The system was incredibly detailed, smooth and quiet. But, there were two major issues that stood out with every single track I listened to.

While the soundstage for vocals and mid-range was incredible, everything from lower midrange to low octaves was coming out of two boxes.

The second issue for my ears was the bass itself. There seemed to be a tremendous lack of it and what there was did not feel appropriately controlled.

The audition was, frankly, a bit stunning. The combination of resolution while maintaining a smoothness was as good as I have ever heard. But the bass problem was really very much a standout problem. Now, to be fair, I did not play with any of the feedback - I believe it was set to 6%. Also, the speakers were quite a ways from the wall and in a very large room. My point is that I suspect something must have been amiss because it would be very odd for such vaunted gear to sound that off.

I am posting this more to hear from any of you whether you have experienced similar or what kinds of things you suspect were wrong. Again, I suspect that something was off and that it was not that the gear was the flaw.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Interesting observations, pk_LA. Of at least 2 M10 mono owners, JackD201 has self-powered subs as part of his VS Ultra 11s and Arnie has the Arrakis with a huge reputation for extraordinary, propulsive bass PLUS the legendary REL 6-pack.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It seems like something must have been wrong with the set-up, pk_LA.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Are you gonna say the same thing to Marty and his recent setup who seemed to describe very similar issues?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I don't find any issue with bass in my system and my room and from reading Roy Gregory's review in his room he had no issues. Isn't the system heard in LA bi amped? If that is the case are they even using M10 to drive the bass? IN a multi amped system the levels for the bass are set separately and there is a dedicated bass amplifier.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing