CH Precision Amp

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
whatever you do , dont couple the m1.1s with any magico speakers - you wont like the end result. too sharp and sterile for some reason. i will trade in musicality for a minor loss of detail anytime:) I have kept my ch dac though - it is a good dac:) clock wise the cybershaft op21a outguns the t1 clock - have done a/b on them before:)

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
whatever you do , dont couple the m1.1s with any magico speakers - you wont like the end result. too sharp and sterile for some reason. i will trade in musicality for a minor loss of detail anytime:) I have kept my ch dac though - it is a good dac:) clock wise the cybershaft op21a outguns the t1 clock - have done a/b on them before:)
Not sure i or some others agreee with you on that point

Attachments

• 93260BC8-C908-4C0C-BE07-53FA7BE48BE0_1_105_c.jpeg
    93260BC8-C908-4C0C-BE07-53FA7BE48BE0_1_105_c.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: goodsource

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020

Ah good to hear that others have done an A/B as well . It does sound much better to my ears here but everyone's different. What is the cybershaft setup you had to compare with?

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
from your photo...you use an msb dac and clock not the ch clock? do you find msb better than the c1 t1 combo?

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
from your photo...you use an msb dac and clock not the ch clock? do you find msb better than the c1 t1 combo?
sorry plasmod3 - i wasnt clear .....

my point was that i dont agree with you that ChP amps cant be run with Magico speakers.

I wasnt making a comment on clocks although i do own the ChP T1and think it is very good. In fact it is mine that you demoed for 5 minutes before it was dropped around to my house :)

the photo is Magico's listening room with the new M9

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
hmmmmm:) who said it was 5 mins:) ;)

ah yes i didnt think it was good for mine ch with magico. I think quite a few thought the same as well in the forum . thats why i sold it and got something else:) much better now. nothing wrong with both components but the ch just lacks that musicality and texture i was looking for. perhaps if you are close to me we can have a listen to each other's systems where it is now? open to more improvements for sure:)

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
What
hmmmmm:) who said it was 5 mins:) ;)

ah yes i didnt think it was good for mine ch with magico. I think quite a few thought the same as well in the forum . thats why i sold it and got something else:) much better now. nothing wrong with both components but the ch just lacks that musicality and texture i was looking for. perhaps if you are close to me we can have a listen to each other's systems where it is now? open to more improvements for sure:)
What amp did you go for?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: TDX

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018

han_n

Sep 5, 2019
Surabaya, Indonesia.
Beutifull room!
Are those lights green and blue for ambiance only?
For me besides the fact that it sounds good, it also should look good. The colors on the CH Precision screens as well as the colors I have used for the ambiance lighting are the same, so the main colors on the CH P screens are blue and red (only in case of playing SCAD it will be green). Just note that when playing, the lighting is very faint/dim, so certainly not screaming. The spotlight on the tree painting is chosen such as to create a serene background of the early morning sun rising behind that tree. Without that spotlight the painting is actually not that involving... I have had guests coming over who couldn't care less about actual sound quality, (they didn't tell me that, but I know ;) ) but still sat in the listening chair for a while, just to experience the tranquility of that particular seating. It all adds up to the overall experience of stepping into the other world, leaving the daily issues behind... It's not only about sound, its the whole package.....

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
For me besides the fact that it sounds good, it also should look good. The colors on the CH Precision screens as well as the colors I have used for the ambiance lighting are the same, so the main colors on the CH P screens are blue and red (only in case of playing SCAD it will be green). Just note that when playing, the lighting is very faint/dim, so certainly not screaming. The spotlight on the tree painting is chosen such as to create a serene background of the early morning sun rising behind that tree. Without that spotlight the painting is actually not that involving... I have had guests coming over who couldn't care less about actual sound quality, (they didn't tell me that, but I know ;) ) but still sat in the listening chair for a while, just to experience the tranquility of that particular seating. It all adds up to the overall experience of stepping into the other world, leaving the daily issues behind... It's not only about sound, its the whole package.....
I agree that the setting including the lights can definitely enhance the experience. A great system can transport you to another place in time, when done properly it should be a "time machine". I like the lights off when I listen and I find when I can get someone to listen like that, no matter what their level of experience they relax and can get lost in the music. That is the reason I have this stuff :)

Reactions: han_n

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing