CH Precision M10 Impressions

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida
Hello All,

I've been away for a while. I spent some time listening with marvelous headphones but eventually began to miss the sound of very good two channel audio. I upgraded my front end last year and recently added a CH Precision M10. I would not recommend that anyone purchase this amp unless your music room is on the first floor or you have an elevator. Fortunately, I have a lift otherwise the amp and its gargantuan power supply would have been impossible to install.

The amp is now in place. It likes to run hot so the dealer recommended keeping it on all the time. The temp stabilizes at about 50 deg C. Menu selections and operation are very user friendly once you get it connected. There are so many different options for use (mono, single, bi-amp) the back panel becomes quite a science project. Fortunately the dealer (Ron of Liquid Hi Fi in SC) drove it down to me in Florida and set it up.

I put about 150 hours on it before I started listening critically. My MSB mono blocks were very, very accurate amps with lots of air and precision. The M10 has shown me more in terms of natural vocals and textures in strings. It is impossible to compare apples to apples because I used a different DAC with no preamp previously. I have to say that so far, I am very happy. I still have to treat my room so for the time being the trebles and miss are a little smeared due to room reflections and the bass is muddy due to the naked room corners. I'll update this post when everything is in place. Even in it's current condition, the system is giving me some of the best sound I've heard yet in 25 years in this hobby.

Stay tuned.
Cincy

IMG_1546 copy.jpeg

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Keep us posted! I am envious!

Reactions: dcathro

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Quite a system! Enjoy and look forward to reading more!

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Congrats. Is the same the room housing your MSB amp? I believe you had M3 and Q sub before. Quite a big change.

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Cincy,

Did you change your entire system and room too?

That is one hell of a system! Congratulations.

Reactions: Cincy2

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida
Congrats. Is the same the room housing your MSB amp? I believe you had M3 and Q sub before. Quite a big change.
Yes. Same room.

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida
Hi Cincy,

Did you change your entire system and room too?

That is one hell of a system! Congratulations.
Thanks yes. Complete reset.

• Wow
Reactions: dcathro

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What is that from CAD Cincy? Grounding box? How is it? All our CH gear are grounding ready but I've never used them.

Great system by the way :D We've got the Pre, Amps and Racks in common :)

marmota

Feb 3, 2016
Beautiful system, congrats!
What are your thoughts about the Wadax DAC and Server compared to the MSB Select 2 you had before? How does the Wadax sound with regards to tonality, perceived naturalness and resolution compared to the MSB?

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida
What is that from CAD Cincy? Grounding box? How is it? All our CH gear are grounding ready but I've never used them.

Great system by the way :D We've got the Pre, Amps and Racks in common :)
Hi Jack

The CAD box is their GC-R grounding system. I picked this up after hearing their system at the Florida Audio Expo earlier this year. They had a decent system and played it with the grounding system connected and again with it out of the loop. The difference was astounding. I went over that system from plug to driver and couldn't find anyway they were juicing the demo....so I bought one. I can't evaluate it the same way in my system yet as the room is really degrading the sound. I will evaluate as soon as the treatments are in place by performing the same in/out test.

I love the CM racks but I frankly hate dealing with them. They lied to me, changed delivery dates several times and shipped incomplete racks without spikes/balls. Too bad because no one I've found makes a product quite like theirs.

Cincy

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida
Beautiful system, congrats!
What are your thoughts about the Wadax DAC and Server compared to the MSB Select 2 you had before? How does the Wadax sound with regards to tonality, perceived naturalness and resolution compared to the MSB?
Hi

Thank you. Honestly, at the level of Wadax and MSB the differences are really more about personal preferences. Both of these items are extraordinarily good at what they do. There were two reasons I switched. 1. I am sick. New technology interests me. I had to have new gear. 2. I never found a server I liked. Wadax integrated the Server and DAC and connected them with a bombproof optical link. I feel any improvements I hear are due to the robust interface and harmonized specification.

Cincy

Reactions: marmota

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Jack

The CAD box is their GC-R grounding system. I picked this up after hearing their system at the Florida Audio Expo earlier this year. They had a decent system and played it with the grounding system connected and again with it out of the loop. The difference was astounding. I went over that system from plug to driver and couldn't find anyway they were juicing the demo....so I bought one. I can't evaluate it the same way in my system yet as the room is really degrading the sound. I will evaluate as soon as the treatments are in place by performing the same in/out test.

I love the CM racks but I frankly hate dealing with them. They lied to me, changed delivery dates several times and shipped incomplete racks without spikes/balls. Too bad because no one I've found makes a product quite like theirs.

Cincy

I'm looking forward to your impressions when you're all settled.

That's too bad you had those problems with CMS. I'll be sure to remind Joe to send my elbow bearings and spikes on my next order LOL
You're right though, great products. Haven't had any problems but I am one of their distributors, their first international one at that so we go a long way. I will mention very gently that perhaps more care and attention be given to direct customers if you don't mind my passing along the feedback. Obviously our customers go through us and don't go to them.

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida

That's too bad you had those problems with CMS. I'll be sure to remind Joe to send my elbow bearings and spikes on my next order LOL
You're right though, great products. Haven't had any problems but I am one of their distributors, their first international one at that so we go a long way. I will mention very gently that perhaps more care and attention be given to direct customers if you don't mind my passing along the feedback. Obviously our customers go through us and don't go to them.
Jack

I hate calling out small businesses like I just did but they deserved it. The distributor I used has already let them know. No need to pile on.

Cincy

Reactions: christoph

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Jack

Cincy

Jack

I hate calling out small businesses like I just did but they deserved it. The distributor I used has already let them know. No need to pile on.

Cincy
Alright Cincy, I'll stay out of it :)

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Incredible system, but I'm interested in the use of B&W speakers - I would have thought they are constraining the upstream electronics?

Reactions: marmota

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida
Incredible system, but I'm interested in the use of B&W speakers - I would have thought they are constraining the upstream electronics?
They are excellent speakers but you are correct. They are an interim solution. Rockport Orions are on order.

2fastdriving

Jan 19, 2023
They are excellent speakers but you are correct. They are an interim solution. Rockport Orions are on order.
Wow, more congrats are in order! Very nice

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing