Chrome 10 Browser Now Available

The bug I found in Chrome is when I use Comcast to retrieve my mail. If I want to reply to or forward the email or even start a new email, a single click fails to do any of those . You must do a double click to include the original message in the body of the email. Usually however you must double click twice to make this happen.

Apart from this it is an exceptionally fast browser and the only one I use

Hi

Having used Chrome for the past 6 months .. I came out not liking it at all... Oh yes it appears fast .. It installs very simply .. Downloads of files are quite simplified .. That's about it ... to me..

Chrome is voracious of RAM memory .. Its memory usage is the worst of ANY browser out there ... If your PC is full of memory (that is RAM) you may not see it as an nuisance but if you are using a computer with 7 and 2 Gig beware it'll slow the whole PC down ... It doesn't crash that often but if you have other applications using memory or requesting a good chunk of memory .. It will slow its rendering ... Plus it doesn't call the Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf . It rather uses a pdf renderer of its own .. so you lose all the thing you have gotten used with Acrobat ... It doesn't support del.ici.io.us which is to me a requisite ...

I uninstalled Chrome from all my computers ..

Back to Firefox..

Wow Frantz

My experience is just the opposite. Mine is blistering fast and have never had a crash

Not at all interested in del.i.cious

You are likely using it with a PC with a lot of memory .. It will use more moeory than any browser anyway and will not relinquish that to any other application ..
Delicious keeps your Tabs organized in the "cloud" on the Internet .. You are somewhere , independent of your PC and don't have your own PC... Any PC you can find , you log on delicious and you can use your Tabs/bookmarks .. as if you were on your very own machine . anywhere there is an internet connection .. That is to me a very useful tool ... I don't care much about the "social" aspect of De.ic.io.us though ...

I'm running the Chrome OS on a small notebook provided by Google under a pilot program. The problem is that the computer is intended to function in the cloud and can't run anything other than Chrome OS. Chrome OS is essentially the Chrome browser. I've been waiting for Google to update Chrome OS so that I can actually use the built in camera, SD card reader, etc. but no luck so far.

Google has a Chrome OS web page. I simply signed up there and a few weeks later a notebook appeared on my doorstep. There were no instructions. I assume the computer reports various usage info to Google and there is also a "bug" icon to report problems. But Google has already stopped the pilot program and never asked me for any specific feedback. One nice feature is that the notebook has a built-in 3G modem and works with Verizon wireless. I anticipate that Sony and other manufacturers will release Chrome OS notebooks. Whether Chrome OS will take off is a big question. Between Chrome OS, Android and Google TV, Google has a lot of consumer products going in different directions. Don't get me started on Google TV (another pilot that we signed up for). I have no clue as to what Google is doing to advance that product.

Question-1: I've just loaded up Chrome and started using it. However it looks like it grabbed an older, perhaps a year old version of my Firefox Bookmarks. Perhaps they are actually my MS Internet Explorer bookmarks, I'm not sure yet what is going on. How do I get the latest and greatest record of my Firefox bookmarks which I've been using and adding to for the past year?

I did not use FireFox so can't explain. Does FireFox have an export bookmark option? If so, see if Chrome can import it.

FYI: Firefox has a hole in it which allows a redirectory malware known as Move Networks to place a bogus add-on called XULRunner 1.9.1, people have also reported that the other add-ons you may find (Java console) are also bad news.

There are several threads at support.mozilla.com which explain how to go into your registry and remove it. Taking steps to back things up such as your bookmarks. I did it, but I also messed up a registry eight years ago so I know how dicey it can be to a newbe.

In addition; Adobe reader and perhaps Flash Player can have bogus updates pop up. I did not see a fix for this, so I uninstalled them and did a reinstall just to be safe.

I'm using Google Chrome because Firefox is still vulnerable from what I've read.

Happy surfing.:)

Hi

All the popular browsers have security holes and as recently as 3 days ago, Google send patches to fix three problems that Chrome had ... One of these problems concerned Adobe Flash updates as well. See HERE ... I don't know if the problem you mention has been addressed in yesterday's Firefox patches for 3.6 ...
Firefox remains at the forefront when it comes to security IMO
Security is a moving target .. One must constantly be following these poeple .. Quite tiring I must tell you...

Has anyone had problems running Google Chrome on a PC using Windows 7?

I happened to use my PC laptop yesterday and found that I can connect to the Internet using IE9 or Safari but when I switch to Chrome (my browser of choice) there is no connection. I don't understand why I can use Safari and IE9 but can't connect with Chrome

I am using it as I type this with no issue. Both IE and Chrome use the same mechanism to figure out if you have a connection to the Internet so if one works and the other doesn't, it is kind of strange. What error code does it put up?

Message says

This webpage is not available

The webpage (fill in the blank) might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address

Error 336 (net:: ERR_NO_SUPPORTED_PROXIE): Unknown error

The interesting thing is that the problem started after I changed from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Not sure if this is an issue. As you said it is odd that I can open Safari, IE9 using Windows 7 but not Chrome

That's strange. It is a poxy error which it also shares with IE.

Try this: Start Chrome. Go to whatever page that is failing. Then do nothing else but cut and past this into the address bar: chrome://net-internals/

Hit return and then click on "dump to text." Cut and past what is in blue and post it here and let's see if we get any clues there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing