Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
don't pollute Earth's environnent

This is virus is undoubtedly helping the environment with the limitation of air and land travel, city wide lockdowns, factories going dark. Every person that dies from this is also helping the environment.

Reactions: jeff1225

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
This is virus is undoubtedly helping the environment with the limitation of air and land travel, city wide lockdowns, factories going dark. Every person that dies from this is also helping the environment.
We are free to think that until it's us, our family or friends that get killed by the virus...and then it gets personal. Better to do right action (as a species) long before it gets to that.

Let me be clear and unequivocal, if its a war between MAN and the virus, I am on the side of MAN!
However, i am also wary of the old adage: "Truth is the first casualty of war"

djsina2

May 30, 2019
We are free to think that until it's us, our family or friends that get killed by the virus...and then it gets personal.

It’s not a matter of being free to think this way, it’s fact and truth.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I would not be surprised at all if we learn this virus escaped from the Wuhan BSL4 facility. There is a well known virologist there who was working with virus transmission through bats apparently (ebola, SARS etc.).

That said, the fatality rate of this virus is pretty low if the reported infections and deaths are being reported accurately. The real question is whether or not these deaths were preventable through proper health care (nearly all deaths are in China). If that is the case, then deaths in western countries will likely be very low and in the third world probably quite a bit higher. At least this doesn't seem to have virulence of something like Ebola virus. Doesn't look a whole lot worse than various Flu strains.

None of this is to say it shouldn't be taken seriously but the response should be measured against the real threat it poses.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
So, now people dying from this virus are "helping the environment"?? I can't honestly believe you would post something like this in an open forum!! Shocking really and clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

No idea what I’m talking about? Please explain how an ICE (human) is not polluting the environment. That is undeniable fact.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
It’s not a matter of being free to think this way, it’s fact and truth.
It is just a figure of speech...my meaning should be clear.

We can get all academic when its theoretical...but it changes when it hits close to home and theory gets thrown out the window in favour of raw emotion.

It is fact and truth only in as much as status quo obtains. We can and should do better all 'round.

So yeah, we are not disagreeing per se, we just talk at cross purposes. Cheers

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
No idea what I’m talking about? Please explain how an ICE (human) is not polluting the environment. That is undeniable fact.
Tongue in cheek, no malice intended...so please dont take this the wrong way.

Would you volunteer to off yourself to ease the "problem" by a count of one?
Unless you are willing to do so, such cold academic talk is lttle different from Eugenics..

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
By this definition, all life on earth is a "pollutant"...if killing life to save "the earth" (whatever that means exactly to you) is what you propose, then I can go there with you. THat is not to say that humans as a species create pollution, this is a fact but we are not inherently pollution. I would not necessarily agree that we are causing the "death" of planet earth, either. This hyperbolic talk not really based on hard science.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
There's one thing more powerful than this virus. That's the mods w their collective fingers over the TERMINATE THREAD button.

The moment the Ron antibody detects too much politics antigen, it has a 100% disinfectant success rate.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
For the record, there is at least one green activist who has said the shutdown of Wuhan sets a precedent for what needs to generally happen to achieve Carbon Zero.

Too bad it's offset by all those coal fired power stations China built in January...

Reactions: djsina2

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Your hyperbole is out of control..."would you" is not a suggestion, its a thought experiment and it hit right to the spot, exposing your fallacy. It is all well and good to prescribe for "others", but when it hits home....new rules apply?

Consider this some "Solomonic" wisdom.

I think my point earlier was completely missed by you.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
..,.and he calls people with autism "retarded." He's not worth your time Brad.

This is a classification from the professionals who work in that area. I’m merely using their terminology. You can search and find many examples stating so.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Ok, violent criminals, sorry. Yet you still consider them subhumans who need to be exterminated.

And no, I don't "support" these people, but there is also something called a chance for betterment and redemption. If they don't use it, they need to stay locked up. But not killed.

You’re exaggerating yet again. I never called anyone a subhuman.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thats too bad, another thread of mine completely destructed.

We are all sensitive; if there is only one negative personal comment towards another member it creates a chain reaction like a virus spreading. Among some of the smartest people here it should never happen.

Here's what I suggest for the best of the best: No one member on this site is a bad person, so just respect everyone as good people, like among your friends and family and wives and kids.
Try it, with practice you'd be good @ it, I can guarantee it.

"You" here means no one in particular. We all have some adjustments to make occasionally, me first. I tell you what; I started this new decade with some brand new resolutions, and I want to succeed with those positive goals. And I will succeed, with or without support.

We make wrong judgments and we get stuck with them; just unstuck them and we become in charge of a better destiny, us, all of us together, as a solid team.

No more deviation, back on track...Coronavirus, and nothing else; no personal call, no bull, no drama, no panic, and no politic...never ever. I'm so sick of the politics in the news every single day; truly very sick...they are worst than the worst gangsters.

Ok? Let's get this virus under control ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing