Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I have to say that I haven’t Read through this entire thread. My non virologist opinion is the RNaught factor of 4.0 is if true is a very dangerous situation.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Oh I think it is Roger (or they wouldn't have mentioned the highest level 4); I don't see this as a distraction to other local news in America.
It is simply purely coincidental. It's big and it's getting bigger by the day.

? https://nationalpost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/nationalpost.com/news/world/watch-live-china-builds-hospital-wuhan-coronavirus/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

"Delta said it will suspend flights between the United States and China starting on Sunday until at least April 30, according to a press release."

That gives a perspective into the near future...three months.
305 people confirmed dead..."confirmed".

Watch the Chinese stock market next week, and the US stock market, and the Global stock market. ...And the week after, and the week after next week, ... and the month after, and the month after next month, ...

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Language is just so very important. I grew up in a family with zero racism but also in a culture where racial inequity was built into the everyday popular idiom. I caught myself out accidentally saying the most horrendous thing about 10 years ago because I didn’t question the derivation of a simple common saying. I am sure that Ron doesn’t have a bad bone in his body and is fair and kind hearted but Tang makes such a very, very important point. Division and exclusion will be the absolute end of us as a species. I believe I am sure that is not at all the aim of Ron’s comment but this is a time where also being deeply fair and ethically clearly correct is absolutely vital. There are people who will jump on every opportunity to manifest hatred and division at any opportunity... cheap beer jokes aside.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Whether I agree personally as a linguistic matter or not, I do not want to offend or upset any member here.

I withdraw my posts above and, except for the immediately preceding post by the sound of Tao, I will delete the posts below my post relating to the word usage.

Please let’s all return to discussing the virus itself. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: the sound of Tao

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Oh I think it is Roger (or they wouldn't have mentioned the highest level 4); I don't see this as a distraction to other local news in America.
It is simply purely coincidental. It's big and it's getting bigger by the day.

? https://nationalpost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/nationalpost.com/news/world/watch-live-china-builds-hospital-wuhan-coronavirus/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

"Delta said it will suspend flights between the United States and China starting on Sunday until at least April 30, according to a press release."

That gives a perspective into the near future...three months.
305 people confirmed dead..."confirmed".

Watch the Chinese stock market next week, and the US stock market, and the Global stock market. ...And the week after, and the week after next week, ... and the month after, and the month after next month, ...

Bob, stock markets around the world have had one hell of a run for 11 years. Since markets are fueled by mass psychology and easy money,any sudden unexpected change in that mass psychology can have a dramatic effect on prices. Btw I notice personally that a 3 peaks and a domed house pattern has formed in the S&P500....a uncommon pattern.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Roger, where does Brexit fit into yr "mass psychology/easy money" model? We're sitting tight in the UK lol.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
The two biggest cryptocurrencies are up 27% and 42% since the outbreak.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Bob, stock markets around the world have had one hell of a run for 11 years. Since markets are fueled by mass psychology and easy money, any sudden unexpected change in that mass psychology can have a dramatic effect on prices. . . .

+1

David Tepper, who as of December was very bullish, said on Friday to Jim Cramer that the virus outbreak could be a “game changer” to his previously bullish thesis. In response to a question Tepper replied that long-term investors have nothing to worry about, but they “should be unleveraged.”

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Roger, where does Brexit fit into yr "mass psychology/easy money" model? We're sitting tight in the UK lol.
Well Marc I personally think the UK is better off, after all it is the birthplace of the Magna Carta. BOE Mark Carney might not be as bad as Christine Lagarde who is bad news I think. As far as world stock markets...the Fibonacci sequence should let us know....28,29 days and 55 days from a top are usually landmarks in a major decline. Beware the Ides of March...maybe.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You've covered all the options there Lol. Mark Carney is a reluctant late in the day Brexiter I believe. In Brussels, they're still rubbing their eyes. Disbelief and procrastination is the result of lack of democratic imperative.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bob, stock markets around the world have had one hell of a run for 11 years. Since markets are fueled by mass psychology and easy money,any sudden unexpected change in that mass psychology can have a dramatic effect on prices. Btw I notice personally that a 3 peaks and a domed house pattern has formed in the S&P500....a uncommon pattern.

I did some research on how viruses in the past affected stock markets.
This one will be affecting China the most. Other countries will be affected too but the effect will be short term. And it all depends on how the coronavirus will keep spreading globally, of course as the price of gas will be taken a hit, the aviation industry, travelling industry, shopping malls and transits (China), carrying goods, etc.

In times like these gold is a safe bet. Bitcoin I don't give a rat's tail.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...eaks-as-chinas-coronavirus-spreads-2020-01-22

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Put a lime in it. Vit C.

Reactions: RogerD

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I did some research on how viruses in the past affected stock markets.
This one will be affecting China the most. Other countries will be affected too but the effect will be short term. And it all depends on how the coronavirus will keep spreading globally, of course as the price of gas will be taken a hit, the aviation industry, travelling industry, shopping malls and transits (China), carrying goods, etc.

In times like these gold is a safe bet. Bitcoin I don't give a rat's tail.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...eaks-as-chinas-coronavirus-spreads-2020-01-22
As a old chartist and half ass student of the markets. Two things stick out to me...the year as in number and the chart of price action. Bear markets historically have started in years ending in 9. January can be bullish,but if bearish can mark a significant top. We are in the process of making a possible top. To do so it has to start breaking trend lines.
2020-02-02_1224.png

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Roger, like you I'm reading many reports on the state of the affairs right now, the global health issue and the research into the Coronavirus vaccine. And like you I'm watching the effects on the global economy...stock markets in China and across the world, including Canada, USA, Mexico and the UK. +++

I got time, the game is not before another three hours ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergei...oints-as-coronavirus-infections-outpace-sars/

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...onomic-slowdown-coronavirus-follows-trade-war

* Marc, I'm done with Corona (I did have lime on top); it's cognac time.
Gotta be well disposed for the Super Bowl.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Marc, as Brexit and strikes in France have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread, please cease unrelated questions here, and feel completely free to open a new thread about investing post Brexit. Thank you.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Gentlemen:

I went back and deleted other political or personal attack-type posts. I tried to be objective and fair, deleting the political posts from both opposing views.

Please feel very free to let me know, publicly or via private message, if you feel I have failed to delete a post which is political.

Thank you.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Since the posts are gone it is hard to determine if it is political and comment on it

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Since the posts are gone it is hard to determine if it is political and comment on it

If the posts are gone, then you don’t have to worry about them.

Please let me know if you find any remaining posts offensive.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Language is just so very important. I grew up in a family with zero racism but also in a culture where racial inequity was built into the everyday popular idiom. I caught myself out accidentally saying the most horrendous thing about 10 years ago because I didn’t question the derivation of a simple common saying. I am sure that Ron doesn’t have a bad bone in his body and is fair and kind hearted but Tang makes such a very, very important point. Division and exclusion will be the absolute end of us as a species. I believe I am sure that is not at all the aim of Ron’s comment but this is a time where also being deeply fair and ethically clearly correct is absolutely vital. There are people who will jump on every opportunity to manifest hatred and division at any opportunity... cheap beer jokes aside.

And I'm sure there's not a single bad bone in Bob, Marc, Tang, and any one else with a beating heart inside his body.

Yes language is important, everything matters, and this Coronavirus in the now.

Reactions: the sound of Tao
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing