Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
And I'm sure there's not a single bad bone in Bob, Marc, Tang, and any one else with a beating heart inside his body.

Yes language is important, everything matters, and this Coronavirus in the now.

Bad bones in them, I don't know. Bad ears, yes. And a bone between them.

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
And I'm sure there's not a single bad bone in Bob, Marc, Tang, and any one else with a beating heart inside his body.

Yes language is important, everything matters, and this Coronavirus in the now.
Bob and there’s only one bad bone in that Tao dude... it’s the buying way more speakers than he actually has ears to listen with bone. But we come in imperfect, listen to as many tunes as we possibly can... and then leave again too soon to make much difference on that count o_O it is both our great curse and our great joy... and yes, my ears prolly suck a bit as well otherwise I’d have worked out how to get myself down to two systems by now :rolleyes::)

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Bad bones in them, I don't know. Bad ears, yes. And a bone between them.

I have few broken bones in my body, but they're not bad bones...just broken.
My ears have seen better days ... my years gone by ... the best is yet to come.

This to say we are lucky to be alive and not corona infected.
We are all good people Ked, you first.
With time we learn to appreciate life more, and the people in it...all good people.

? https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/china-coronavirus-wuhan-health-1.5449626

Don't pay attention to the news source, it's Canadian.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Bob and there’s only one bad bone in that Tao dude... it’s the buying way more speakers than he actually has ears to listen with bone. But we come in imperfect, listen to as many tunes as we possibly can... and then leave again too soon to make much difference on that count o_O it is both our great curse and our great joy... and yes, my ears prolly suck a bit as well otherwise I’d have worked out how to get myself down to two systems by now :rolleyes::)

Here's the way I see it Tao:
We're in search to some of the best that life has to offer.
That comes in many colors of the multi-rainbow.
We have something in common with everyone else...living on the same beautiful blue planet...Earth.

Health is key to our survival no matter our wealth level.
And because music matters.

? https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/who-working-with-google-to-combat-virus-misinformation-1.4794768

Again, Canadian news source.

Last edited:
Reactions: the sound of Tao

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
To me, it seems the news from China is getting worse about this disease. However, it doesn’t seem to be affecting the rest of the world in either a medical or economical manner. I wonder if this is a temporary effect for the world, and at some point it is going to explode in other countries as it has in China.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
They are monitoring...the world. In one of the links they mentioned the effects on the world's economy because China plays a substantial role on that world's stage...16% I believe they mentioned (yes, 16%+).

After just over a month* that's where it's @: 25 countries have cases of coronavirus, not as many as in China, but still it's no small virus, plus it's kind of invisible @ first...for a week or more.

Since December 31st.

I've also read something else about HIV drugs in Canada being a cure ... but before I post something in that regards I want better coordinates. It seems to be bogus, I'm just not sure yet, but I will.

Last edited:

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
25000 infected, over 400 dead...curve is still looking exponential...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
25000 infected, over 400 dead...curve is still looking exponential...

From the latest reports it's more like 500 the number of dead ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html

As for the number of infected people it's not an easy number to manage, as we can realistically assume for several logistical reasons including the absence of symptoms in many for several days and also how accurate the reports are coming...particularly from China.

?https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

That curve is climbing steeply indeed.

Two cruise ships with 5,300 passengers quarantined from Hong Kong and Japan ...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...l-latest-news-update-evacuation-coronaviruses

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Here's a article that is troubling....
50,000 New Infections/Day In China? | Zero Hedge https://www.zerohedge.com/health/50000-new-infectionsday-china

China has already closed major ports that export up to 100,000 containers a week. If this lasts to March or longer production will greatly be affected and multi nationals who have invested in China will have serious problems.

I think Asian stock markets run the risk of contagion. Most markets I look at are really over valued. Disclaimer....I'm short.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Everything on that site is troubling. I wouldn't trust them with the time of day.

Well it's not all false....

100 to 140 million people quarantined....heck that would destroy most countries including the U.S. with a population of 360 million.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
No because other financial sources are also mentioning the domino effect probability, plus it is affecting some aspects of the economy right now. This is not over ...

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Many of us here in HK are working from home and streets, shops and restaurants are deserted. After the protests, this is gonna be a really long 12 months....

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Somebody just described the coronavirus as a biological Chernobyl. Some strong parallels here.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
This is the article that got Zerohedge suspended on Twitter. China,Russia,and the US Military CIA all dabble in Bio warfare. Gilead Sciences has a drug that boosts the immune system. China has experimented with this drug in the last 2 weeks...Remember the news that ran the Dow up 1200 points in 4 days. Whether you think the Weaponization of this virus in this article by the Chinese Government has validity or not....interesting to say the least.

Did China Steal Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponize It? | Zero Hedge https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/did-china-steal-coronavirus-canada-and-weaponize-it

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
This is the article that got Zerohedge suspended on Twitter. China,Russia,and the US Military CIA all dabble in Bio warfare. Gilead Sciences has a drug that boosts the immune system. China has experimented with this drug in the last 2 weeks...Remember the news that ran the Dow up 1200 points in 4 days. Whether you think the Weaponization of this virus in this article by the Chinese Government has validity or not....interesting to say the least.

Did China Steal Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponize It? | Zero Hedge https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/did-china-steal-coronavirus-canada-and-weaponize-it
They don't need to steal it. They have plenty of home grown ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing