Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
The "author" of each of these articles is Tyler Durden. Tyler Durden is a fake name, its the name of Brad Pit's character in fight club.

It's not real journalism when there's no real journalist fellas.
Actually, it is lifted from other sources around the web...he is not the author.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
400,000,000 under quarantine in China...6th largest city was put under martial law yesterday. Something to ponder regarding the severity ...

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Got a link, Brad?

Starting to feel like a Chernobyl type accident.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
More fact than fiction in that article....read the Senator Church commission report...There are agencies that are not well known to the public like DARPA and the DTRA that have covert projects for the DOD and CIA going back at least to the 1970’s

Btw Tyler Durden did not write that Article...just published it.

In a newspaper or magazine article, the byline is the line where the author writes his or her name. On this article, it says "By Tyler Durden."

If he stands by his propaganda, he should use his real name.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
There is no source, because the Chinese government is not going to tell anyone the truth. There’s no way for WHO to know the correct numbers. There’s no way for anyone to know. It will never be known.

This is an accurate statement. We need to focus on the data from countries like Japan, Singapore and South Korea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Al M.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
In a newspaper or magazine article, the byline is the line where the author writes his or her name. On this article, it says "By Tyler Durden."

Lmao!’ Propaganda! Do you really think Power and Money are the purveyors of truth? I don’t know you and you don’t know me....let’s keep it that way.

Reactions: djsina2

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Lmao!’ Propaganda! Do you really think Power and Money are the purveyors of truth? I don’t know you and you don’t know me....let’s keep it that way.

Roger,
You don't have to make this personal, can't we have a rational discussion?

Don't you think a journalist or a pundit should use their real name? Using a nom de plum from a movie like Fight Club should tell one all they need to know about Tyler and Zerohedge.

Reactions: Al M.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
The big worry is whether the doctors and nurses in China can continue to meet the huge pressures under which they are working. I suspect they need some outside help but to date the Govt has turned down offers of help for whatever reasons. Could be pride but it maybe that the situation is more serious than they want to admit.

Reactions: NorthStar

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

In most articles the real source is attributed...unless it is a kind of Durden "editorial".

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
In most articles the real source is attributed...unless it is a kind of Durden "editorial".
come on Brad, linking to another conspiracy website (Epoch Times in this case) is not how you site a real source.

Seriously.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The big worry is whether the doctors and nurses in China can continue to meet the huge pressures under which they are working. I suspect they need some outside help but to date the Govt has turned down offers of help for whatever reasons. Could be pride but it maybe that the situation is more serious than they want to admit.

Yes that ^
_____

For us living in North America, South America, UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Russia, Cuba, Jamaica, France, Spain, Greece, Finland, Oregon, Manhattan, Westminster, etc., the Coronavirus is not a big treat right now with only few cases. We take our news with serious consideration to our future health...for us and our children and elders. All the news sources (almost) report similar stats on numbers, in causes and effects. Our global health and economy concern us all, almost.

I have zero problem linking the latest (coronavirus) from WHO and ZeroHedge or any other news outlet like the BBC, The Guardian, The New York Time, The Washington Post, CBC, CNN, La Presse, Le Figaro, ...newspaper outlets across the globe that report the news to the best of their reliability and abilities and solid sources @ the service of an informed educated intelligent advanced concerned population. No bull, without bias without detour without manipulation.

With that said we sure don't need to fight among ourselves as to which news outlet is better or worst. This is not the topic, Coronavirus is and without any ambiguity and discrimination and ambivalence.

No more fight here, we take the fight for the human rights, for the human health, with all world viruses in stopping this latest one quick @ the head (cutting it) by finding fast the cure.
Not us audiophiles but the scientists of the world human health. There is zero difference if it's WHO or ZeroHedge we get our info from; viruses don't care.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
An international led WHO team is now due to visit very soon which is progress.
The pressures are huge on the medics. They are working 12 hour shifts and longer and some have resorted to wearing adult nappies because of the fragilities of the hazmat suits if removed to go to the toilet.
Worrying

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
what is a real source these days? CNN? How many times have they had to retract inaccurate stories. WaPO?? NYT? All as heavily slanted one way as some other sites are the other way.

The Epoch Times news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda. I haven't seen any QAnon or anti-vax articles in the Economist or the WSJ. If that's where you want to get your news, then good luck.

I'll drop my Zerohedge argument as you all seem to be enthralled with conspiracy sites that sight each other as news sources. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Reactions: analogsa and Al M.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
This fencing over news sources is clearly political.

I'm deleting all of these posts.

Stop the politics! This means YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing