Critical Mass Footers under Lumin X1 & power supply?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
So, one more question that has never been answered even by the folks that make the Critical Mass footers:
Does the larger size footer work better on more sensitive equipment or better under heavier equipment?

ozzy
The 1.5's are what I call the full Monty of the CS line. They just perform better all around.......period !

I have the big ones under ALL of my components regardless of size or weight

Steve Williams

The 1.5's are what I call the full Monty of the CS line. They just perform better all around.......period !

I have the big ones under ALL of my components regardless of size or weight
Front End Components.jpeg

Mcbrion

May 9, 2013
Connecticut
Seems like an easy thing to try. Put the footers under the PS and listen. Then move back to Niagara and see which one you like best. Only your ears can tell you which one is best for you.
I had an question about that. If you switch different size footers (say, an 0.8 and a 1.0) under the same component, to see how it sounds with the larger (or smaller) footer, does that wipe out the "equilibrium" of the component?

In other words, does switching footer sizes necessitate a new acclimatization for the component AND the footer? I don't mind if it does, I'm just wondering if I should expect the sound to start changing again for the next 10 - 14 days?

Steve Williams

I had an question about that. If you switch different size footers (say, an 0.8 and a 1.0) under the same component, to see how it sounds with the larger (or smaller) footer, does that wipe out the "equilibrium" of the component?

In other words, does switching footer sizes necessitate a new acclimatization for the component AND the footer? I don't mind if it does, I'm just wondering if I should expect the sound to start changing again for the next 10 - 14 days?
The sound will settle much quicker going from one size to another. The 1.0 will sound better

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
As strange as it even seems to say it, yes, the CM footers due take a few days to resettle to the new weight.

ozzy

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com

Mcbrion

Yes, changing from one size to another will change the equilibrium of the component and lead to a settling period. This is because your noise floor drops and your musical fidelity improves as the height of the foot increases. These improvements take a bit of time..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing