DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

Persve

Nov 8, 2015
Sweden
No but there are 3 of Per’s videos on this thread and Leif’s on my channel.

thing is with EMT usually the nuance is lower. The
video does not have that issue. And he is using the internal phono and a class D amp.

Ever since I first heard it on a TD 124 next to a continuum with an etsuro gold and heard the level of nuance, I have been wanting to hear it on a 927.
The phono is not internal, it is a swedish development by Miros?aw Stasilowicz who owns Veteranhifi in Stockholm and is the best Audio distributor/developer in Sweden imho!
It is a 4 tube phono with MM/MC ( Lundahl 1931 SUT ) called Simply Black phono!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The phono is not internal, it is a swedish development by Miros?aw Stasilowicz who owns Veteranhifi in Stockholm and is the best Audio distributor/developer in Sweden imho!

Oh apologies I thought you were using the internal phono with your EMT

Reactions: Persve

Persve

Nov 8, 2015
Sweden
To clarify I run the phono in MM and use the the silver/copper SUT from Darius. It is not yet run in but a major improvement together with his tube PSU!

Reactions: bonzo75

Persve

Nov 8, 2015
Sweden
Oh apologies I thought you were using the internal phono with your EMT
Today I have the 155st in the 927! It has been very criticised but I think it is good! I use this with my EMT/Ortofon OFD 25 Monocartridge/Ortofon original arm ( 927 f has 2 arms ). However I have 2 139 monos being updated and completed with PSU based on original EMT parts! Will come back when I have tested!

Walter66

Aug 22, 2022
Try to fetch the A/B versions, ST is just another cathode follower output, some kind of prosumer model. EMT was clever and got rid of this costly anode chokes quickly. ST isn't bad, but it's just another Marantz model 7 variety.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
no actually it´s sound is very civilized and credible with very fine nuances and harmonics and killer dynamics
most tonally perfect cart I´ve heard
despite crazy dynamics it´s very pleasing to listen too

Just realized after 2.5 years what a short, simple but accurate summary this was.

Walter66

Aug 22, 2022
Hi Bonzo,
unfortunately, it's not the record you showed with the number PHONT 7536, first track, what is playing in this video you showed.
I purchased exactly this record you've shown and the first track sounds different to the video.
Maybe the record in this video is one of this series of records, but it's not the one you've shown in the reference picture.

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010
Hi Bonzo,
unfortunately, it's not the record you showed with the number PHONT 7536, first track, what is playing in this video you showed.
I purchased exactly this record you've shown and the first track sounds different to the video.
Maybe the record in this video is one of this series of records, but it's not the one you've shown in the reference picture.
I believe the name of the track is fragment and it is the first track on the a side.

Persve

Nov 8, 2015
Sweden
Hi Bonzo,
I think it is better that I respond to you @Walter66!
It is the first track on the album called fragment, but it is not played from the start! Bonzo asked me if I had an exampke with drums and therefore the cut starts from the drumsolo after maybe 2 minutes! Sorry for that!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Darius just posted this on Facebook

“ATTENTION!!! All the orders for DAVA cartridges will be taken again after 1 May 2023.”

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Leif, I've PMd you on an unrelated topic, would appreciate you getting back to me, thanks.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Leif, I've PMd you on an unrelated topic, would appreciate you getting back to me, thanks.

right, when I PM, I expect them to get back to me. Only reason I would separately chase is if people had a habit of not getting back to me

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
right, when I PM, I expect them to get back to me. Only reason I would separately chase is if people had a habit of not getting back to me
You sound like you're having a tough day in the office, Ked. Office Manager Rant #21,376.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Darius just posted this on Facebook

“ATTENTION!!! All the orders for DAVA cartridges will be taken again after 1 May 2023.”
Afaik the DaVa SUT is also backordered for a long time. It may be of interest to upcoming DaVa owners that RADA has developed a 1:40 SUT with silver primaries that is in the DaVa wheelhouse. This along with EM/IA for such ratios.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Afaik the DaVa SUT is also backordered for a long time. It may be of interest to upcoming DaVa owners that RADA has developed a 1:40 SUT with silver primaries that is in the DaVa wheelhouse. This along with EM/IA for such ratios.
my advice is if you are getting the EMIA SUT for the DaVa; choose the 1:50. it's the one i have and it works very well.

Reactions: kodomo and bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing