DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I already have Fuuga and the Dava will be delivered next month. The turntables, the tonearms as well as the preamps won't be the same but still I may have an idea in between them.
I will follow your experience with great interest?

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Is anyone dedicated to the Dava enough to have the cable routed in the arm.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
I've got all 3 DaVa and have tested numerous arms with it, and so far the Ikeda is the best match. Not sure they will customize for fc cart and honestly I'm not sure I'm bothered. I'm seeking best sound, not looks

Reactions: kodomo and bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Bokrand and Schick can do that for you in the arm

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I've got all 3 DaVa and have tested numerous arms with it, and so far the Ikeda is the best match. Not sure they will customize for fc cart and honestly I'm not sure I'm bothered. I'm seeking best sound, not looks

since ikeda is good it will be interesting to hear it with FR 66 and Glanz

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
at some point will likely have Joel Durand route cables through one of my Tosca's. he's local. the DaVa seems to work well on the it. the wires outside don't bother me.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
at some point will likely have Joel Durand route cables through one of my Tosca's. he's local. the DaVa seems to work well on the it. the wires outside don't bother me.

Sounded great on it. Since Rex lives in the area he should get Durand to do that

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Then I need a Durand tone arm too.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I just committed to a Lino Channel D3.3. I have a Aidas Durawood in copper. I thought about the Dava but was hesitant about tape and wire on top of the Veetere arm causing unwanted influences.

Maybe thats not true at all.
I also bought a new tone arm to phono stage cable. I need to figure out why my phono is so lacking. Its not better than my digital. And my tape is way way better than both. So I have an issue in the chain somewhere. It could even be the wires in the arm. I don't know.

Reactions: kodomo

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Lusted after the Melco when it was first out in the early 80's - I was a poor student and the brand came and went before I could acquire one. A few used ones slipped by. I actually heard the Beveridge loudspeakers and the Melco table in a local dealer show room.. wow!

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
same here; knew artist in Stockholm in late 70s, when I studied economics there and he had Beveridge 2SW and Melco with Dennesen air arm and Grado Signature 5-7....his sight was poor so I did all soldering and tweaks for him...also drove his Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme everywhere...ha-ha what a time

Reactions: Argonaut and Kcin

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
since ikeda is good it will be interesting to hear it with FR 66 and Glanz
I have my DaVa on the FR 66--- I have diverted my attention to the Etsuro Gold lately and I will fine tune and play the DaVa in the coming week.
I think you would have to give careful consideration to shielding with FC wires routed internally- And if they are shielded- then you have to worry about binding depending on horizontal bearing design. I "may" have Rick Mak of Analog Magik who is in our audio club try this on the FR64s I have---- if I find the DaVa worthy enough. :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have my DaVa on the FR 66--- I have diverted my attention to the Etsuro Gold lately and I will fine tune and play the DaVa in the coming week.

I think you would have to give careful consideration to shielding with FC wires routed internally- And if they are shielded- then you have to worry about binding depending on horizontal bearing design. I "may" have Rick Mak of Analog Magik who is in our audio club try this on the FR64s I have---- if I find the DaVa worthy enough. :)

How do you like your FRs compared to your Kuzma?

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
How do you like your FRs compared to your Kuzma?
That's tough.

Kuzma is so easy to set up. Kuzma has . more finesse - FR6_ sounds more solid with a sense of space-- a little narrower stage width---- I have commited the FR thus far to the Koetsus though.

Rick Mak rewired both my FR66 and FR64 with his silver wire. On the FR66 it is direct out to the RCAs on the FR64 I left it with the 5 pin Din.

Kuzma with Kondo wire is more articulate that discovery wire- a-b at my dealer. Kuzma saphire another world-- unfortunately. I will get one over here for a trial -perhaps between Christmas and New Year. I hope I will hate it in my system LOL ......

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
The Ikeda IT-407 silver wired is VERY articulate and has fantastic control on DaVa tracking and space is deeeep in full width
nothing like my previous experience with FR

Reactions: Argonaut

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing