DaVa FC-A1 a field coil contender

Well theoretically no current is drawn by a capacitor... however no capacitor is perfect they all have leakage - electrolytics in particular do.

after discussing with Audiophile Bill and another friend, I/we´ve come to the conclusion that the DaVa is as close to shorting the battery as you get with it´s coil R of 90R, and batteries don´t like shorts, so probably the battery management unit on the Lithium battery shuts down to protect the battery
the battery capacity isn´t quoted as 6Ah in a close to short operating condition, so it probably is drained much faster too
have inserted serial R after pot and current draw is 108mA and I´ll test how long it takes before BMA kicks in again
also mailed seller and they expect to have a technically qualified response by tomorrow
to be continued

Reactions: Audiophile Bill
I have been following this thread with great interest for a long time and since I have met Leif in Dröback and listened to his wonderful system ( before DaVa ) I trusted his recommendation and ordered a Reference last january!
Today Darius confirmed he will ship on tuesday and I am all excited!

Hi Persve, good that you got to hear Leif's system. Are there any good horn systems in Sweden on the Swedish forum that we might not come across on the English forums? If so, please do post links if you can, will check them out. They don't need to be as big as Leif's, just good musical custom built DIY

Last edited:
Reactions: Persve
Hi Persve, good that you got to great Leif's system. Are there any good horn systems in Sweden on the Swedish forum that we might not come across on the English forums? If so, please do post links if you can, will check them out. They don't need to be as big as Leif's, just good musical custom built DIY
Hello Bonzo75!
I am not a horn enthusiast myself but I think there are some out there! I will check and come back! I was quite honored myself when a good hififriend ( unfortunately he passed away ) of mine with a large hornsystem said that my system sounds like a Lowther system?!

Reactions: bonzo75
@Persve the DaVa will be a fun addition to your already very interesting analog collection! One day maybe you can tell us about this 'analog journey' as you have some cool choices in your system....

@Persve the DaVa will be a fun addition to your already very interesting analog collection! One day maybe you can tell us about this 'analog journey' as you have some cool choices in your system....
Hello Solypsa!
I realize that I need to update my system on this forum!
A couple of years ago I bought a Kuzma Stabi ref II with 4-pointarm and I thought now my journey is at the end so I sold of the Garrard 301, the Kenwood, the straingauge setup and the rest of the gears!
But you know there is no end, there always has to be journey and a project so I started off again! I built a very nice Lenco PTP6, I bought a SP10 II in a nice Vinylistaplinth, a swedish statement called Simply Black with SME V and I have tested number of cartridges like My Sonic Lab, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Miyajima Takumi L ……..
Now I have a further project for the DaVa and I will inform you as soon as I have received 2 tonearms and the DaVa! I am very excited about this!
C742F771-2943-42A6-9A0A-57558AAFB875.jpeg

F276EC73-F44E-4336-BC54-844A27C42E66.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello Solypsa!
I realize that I need to update my system on this forum!
A couple of years ago I bought a Kuzma Stabi ref II with 4-pointarm and I thought now my journey is at the end so I sold of the Garrard 301, the Kenwood, the straingauge setup and the rest of the gears!
But you know there is no end, there always has to be journey and a project so I started off again! I built a very nice Lenco PTP6, I bought a SP10 II in a nice Vinylistaplinth, a swedish statement called Simply Black with SME V and I have tested number of cartridges like My Sonic Lab, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Miyajima Takumi L ……..
Now I have a further project for the DaVa and I will inform you as soon as I have received 2 tonearms and the DaVa! I am very excited about this!
View attachment 94700

View attachment 94702
Now the tonearms have arrived, original Ortofon rf297 serviced with New cables from Alfred Bokrand and Ortofon AB ( Alfred Bokrand )297 Banana for DaVa! DaVa Ref is delivered and I am also waiting for EMT/Ortofon OFD 25 mono for the rf297!

Last edited:
And now mounted on my latest project just waiting for cartridges!View attachment 94779

Lovely. So you have an EMT 927, kuzma stabi ref, lenco and continuo.

Who restored the 927, and are you using the internal phono or an external one?

Lovely. So you have an EMT 927, kuzma stabi ref, lenco and continuo.
The Continuo and the Kuzma are sold! I have the Lenco PTP6, Technics SP10 II and the swedish statement Simplyblack together with EMT 927!
The internal 155st phono has been restored and completed with original EMT SUTs and I dont care about that people are saying it sounds no good! I like it! Big soundstage and very musical! I will use it for the monocartridge!
For the DaVa I will use a very nice Exel sound corporation Sut and a Simply Black tube phono stage to start with!

Who restored the 927
It is the original paint from SR ( Swedish Radio ) and I will keep it that way! The frame is also from SR and I have cut the legs and painted it black! I have ordered oil and parts from Dusch and serviced myself ( new ball, lamps and idler wheel )! It works excellent!

Reactions: Solypsa and bonzo75
Ortofon AB 297 12 inch Banana with integrated wires for PSU. Headshell in aluminium i e no problem with heat dissipation!
I know you have written a lot about the PSU but has any of you ordered the tube PSU from Darius?

Last edited:
Ortofon AB 297 12 inch Banana with integrated wires for SPU. Headshell in aluminium i e no problem with heat dissipation!
I know you have written a lot about the PSU but has any of you ordered the tube PSU from Darius?

Yep I have written a lot about the tube psu. I have the tube and the selenium recti ss. You can read what I wrote on this thread.

Yep I have written a lot about the tube psu. I have the tube and the selenium recti ss. You can read what I wrote on this thread.

Thank you Audiophile Bill! I will read and ev come back!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing