DCS Rossini APEX has arrived!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Of course! It’s one of the few that costs enough more to impress and solicit the shock factor from the others in the club!

it seems like nearly every thread has to become a pi$$ing contest.
I didnt piss on anything but it seems others love to do that. I would certainly invite you Sir to visit and listen to a level 4 system NOT at a show environment and listen for your self. I am very confident in the result , I say this without any bad intentions or malice. I am only reacting to the same old nonsense promogated by a select few.

audioguy3107

Jul 30, 2018
Atlanta, Ga
Hi Lee - I just wanted to add some clarity to your post, which is inaccurate and not true. WADAX has had an industrial designer working full-time since the inception of the company. Every WADAX product is designed by Alberto, both aesthetically and functionally. Additionally, the Atlantis Reference DAC chassis starts from over 320kg of aluminum alloy, with each chassis component milled from a solid block.To achieve the performance of the DAC, extremely tight tolerances are required, which only machining can provide. While the aesthetic of the Atlantis Reference series is unique and sometimes polarizing, it is not arbitrary. Javier Guadalajara, founder and chief engineer for WADAX, is a big Formula 1 fan. He asked Alberto to design a front panel reminiscent of a Formula 1 car. The front of the DAC and Server incorporate a shape similar to that of a Formula 1 steering wheel, including the shift paddles. I hope this clears up any confusion.

As for pricing, the Atlantis Reference DAC and Server, including the Akasa Optical System, is right around $250k. This is considered a Level 2 system. A Level 4 system, which adds the Akasa Reference DC cables and the external power supply for the Server, is about $370k.

That's pretty interesting. I always wondered where the design aesthetics came from on Wadax gear. I for one have always liked it.....kind of a high end industrial vibe to me. Guess it makes sense seeing as how I've always loved the steampunk design of Dan D'agostino.

- Buck

Reactions: WADAX

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
I didnt piss on anything but it seems others love to do that. I would certainly invite you Sir to visit and listen to a level 4 system NOT at a show environment and listen for your self. I am very confident in the result , I say this without any bad intentions or malice. I am only reacting to the same old nonsense promogated by a select few.
It wasn’t my intention to single you out, although I understand why you might think I had. I was not commenting on whether the Wadax is or isn’t better. Based on the price difference , it surely should be.

I meant to point out that this thread was supposed to be about the happy day when the OP was getting the upgraded DAC. But it was being turned into the idea that the upgrade might not be worth the excitement.

If this were a thread intended to help someone choose a DAC, all the comparisons and opinions would make sense. Perhaps I misunderstood the purpose of the thread.

Reactions: Daverich4

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
While the aesthetic of the Atlantis Reference series is unique and sometimes polarizing, it is not arbitrary. Javier Guadalajara, founder and chief engineer for WADAX, is a big Formula 1 fan. He asked Alberto to design a front panel reminiscent of a Formula 1 car. The front of the DAC and Server incorporate a shape similar to that of a Formula 1 steering wheel, including the shift paddles. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks for the explanation. I would never have made that association, even though I like Formula 1.

Frankly, if you have to explain visual art, you have already lost the battle. Just my personal opinion as someone who is not a traditionalist (I like abstract art, too).

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Javier Guadalajara, founder and chief engineer for WADAX, is a big Formula 1 fan. He asked Alberto to design a front panel reminiscent of a Formula 1 car. The front of the DAC and Server incorporate a shape similar to that of a Formula 1 steering wheel, including the shift paddles. I hope this clears up any confusion.
I need new glasses.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing