Ddk

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I know nothing about this. I am not aware of this. I have not been involved in any discussions about this.
Why do you sound like anyone's accusing you of things. Maybe it would be more fruitful to follow up Peter's comments. And then get back to us. Rather then "it's not my fault, honest".

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Our much maligned friend Bob Dylan may have something to say here. Sorry BoB I got this off Tidal.
80x80.jpg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Maybe it would be more fruitful to follow up Peter's comments. And then get back to us.

I’m just trying to be precise and comprehensive.

You are assuming I am not following up on Peter‘s comments. I am inquiring about Peter’s question on that issue.

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I know nothing about this. I am not aware of this. I have not been involved in any discussions about this. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Same here and for the other 2 moderators as well. Moderators don't have the ability to make such edits to signatures, etc. nor should we ever have such tools, want them or need them.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Audio is just a hobby .
People can do and buy whatever they want .
There is no consensus as to what is right or wrong and neither will there ever be .
Whats good to my ears might be utterly crap to somebody else his ears .
People should just loosen up a bit and enjoy the system they have.

This hobby is about enjoying music on his / her system , if you have that you re a winner .

Ps i will miss the knowledge david brings to the table and hope he change his mind

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Have you Karmeli apologists no shame … Look at the dermatological havoc that you have wrought as a result of your incessant hand ringing and badgering of Ron ! View attachment 103497
The Hood had a simple answer to every problem.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I've been out most of the morning and having read the uncertainties of what happened I can tell all of you that the mods have done nothing wrong nor has Ron and I support them to the fullest. Years ago we learned the hard way when a member packed up and angrily left that many times we awakened to find posts gone, deleted, changed as well as images removed. This has happened on three distinct times over the years and as a result years ago when a member leaves angrily and says in no uncertain terms that they are not returning, their membership was disabled. Nothing and I repeat nothing is ever going to happen again like it did before. Jeffery_T left last year for a similar reason and asked that he be removed. His membership was disabled and yesterday oddly when David left, Jeff returned and I reactivated his membership. It's really that easy. However as I stated this was done to protect the intellectual property on the forum. We would gladly welcome David back as we would Tang and as we did yesterday with Jeffrey_T but the disabling of a membership has been done here for years. There is no conspiracy as so many are suggesting. Rudolph has even been in this thread and offered apologies and extended an olive branch to David. It is that spirit of forgive and forget that goes far rather than some of the posts I have read today. @morricab , your recent post reflects why actions were taken. This is all about the needs of the many and not the needs of the few or the one

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Steve Williams

I've been out most of the morning and having read the uncertainties of what happened I can tell all of you that the mods have done nothing wrong nor has Ron and I support them to the fullest. Years ago we learned the hard way when a member packed up and angrily left that many times we awakened to find posts gone, deleted, changed as well as images removed. This has happened on three distinct times over the years and as a result years ago when a member leaves angrily and says in no uncertain terms that they are not returning, their membership was disabled. Nothing and I repeat nothing is ever going to happen again like it did before. Jeffery_T left last year for a similar reason and asked that he be removed. His membership was disabled and yesterday oddly when David left, Jeff returned and I reactivated his membership. It's really that easy. However as I stated this was done to protect the intellectual property on the forum. We would gladly welcome David back as we would Tang and as we did yesterday with Jeffrey_T but the disabling of a membership has been done here for years. There is no conspiracy as so many are suggesting. Rudolph has even been in this thread and offered apologies and extended an olive branch to David. It is that spirit of forgive and forget that goes far rather than some of the posts I have read today. @morricab , your recent post reflects why actions were taken. This is all about the needs of the many and not the needs of the few or the one
I need to be add one more post here that is necessary for people to understand why disabling the account of an angry member has been done here for years. To wit, this involved non other than DDK. Many years ago ago a similar moderating issue occurred with DDK to which he took exception I woke up the next morning to find he had removed all of his threads and photos from his dedicated forum . It took quite a while to convince David and he returned and restored his threads. This is my point about protecting the intellectual property of this site. This is now not a moderation issue but rather concern for the integrity of the forum. .I hope that helps as for moderation and our moderators they have my complete support and I laud the fact that they don’t take it lightly but discuss every reported post and no action is taken unless there’s is unanimity As for not reporting to Ron or I i must ask when a mayor hires a police force are the officers required to report to the mayor every ticket they wrote or arrest they made. As I said our mods are excellent and caring as is Ron. If what I did is found offensive by some then blame me and not Ron or the mods as this IMO was not moderating but following past protocol to prevent the integrity of the forum. I hope this extra story serves to add credence to my actions

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

I appreciate the clarification, Steve. David's membership was disabled, presumably by you. Can one take this action on his own, or must he request it from you? Also, can a former member like Jeffrey_T rejoin on his own, or must he request it from you? Tang asked the other day how to unregister, but I did not see a response.

Regarding the integrity of the forum, that was addressed when members were denied the use of the edit function after a few days. That action preserves the forum's content. David would now not have been able to delete the content he provided over all these years. All he wanted was his signature to remain so that the many friends he had made over the years and the future readers of his content could reach out and contact him in the future via his posted email. He was not linking to his website or any commercial entity. What is the harm in that?

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Understood Peter. I would suggest that you put his information in one of your posts and the problem is solved and we don’t need to discuss this issue any further. Thank you for understanding.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Understood Peter. I would suggest that you put his information in one of your posts and the problem is solved and we don’t need to discuss this issue any further. Thank you for understanding.

Here is David's email contact information from his signature captured in his own words quoted in post #4.

NO LONGER PARTICIPATING ON WBF BUT WILL BE HAPPY STAY IN TOUCH WITH FRIENDS at vas_ut@icloud.com.
Jan 22, 2023

Steve, I respect your willingness to accept David's return. Others expressed a similar hope. Why is he not allowed to share his thoughts on this matter in one single post?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Why is he not allowed to share his thoughts on this matter in one single post?
Why not just copy ddk's thoughts in an answer from you like you just did with his contact info?

Steve Williams

Here is David's email contact information from his signature captured in his own words quoted in post #4.

NO LONGER PARTICIPATING ON WBF BUT WILL BE HAPPY STAY IN TOUCH WITH FRIENDS at vas_ut@icloud.com.
Jan 22, 2023

Steve, I respect your willingness to accept David's return. Others expressed a similar hope. Why is he not allowed to share his thoughts on this matter in one single post?
Very simple Peter....it's time to move on. I spoke to David as did Ron and he told me in no uncertain terms that he has no desire to return. He dislikes our mods and stated emphatically he will not be moderated by one of them . Im not going to continue the arguing or perpetuate the animosity that has developed and allow more poison posts . One can see from the posts that David has his followers as does the general membership. Everyone has made their points and I understand both sides of the story. I've known David for years and consider him a friend yet having said that I take as gospel what he told me that he is not returning. Why invite more posts to keep this silly conspiracy nonsense going? It's time to move on and again with the complete understanding that it was David who left and it was David who told me and Ron under no circumstances will he return. There is always a welcome mat on our front door step should he wish to put issues aside BUT moderation will continue and will remain in place with no bias and no exceptions. It is the goal of Ron, I and the mods that WBF be a fun and safe haven to discuss what we all love....audio. Need I say more?

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
People come and go, dip in and out and take what they want/need from the forum...it's a place for discussion on audio...not a family.

David got his feelings hurt, took his toys and went home. So what? I see over and over that we are losing so much of his expertise. Did we? Most of his contributions are still here to be read by all...most of what he says in various threads is just that same ethos over and over.

He actually didn't have a lot more new to add and was becoming more and more snarky to those who didn't follow his exact path to audio Nirvana. As a result, David also bruised a lot of people on this forum and sneered at many of their choices. One should be respectful if they want respect. David might have been right about a lot of things, and in fact I agree with most of his ideas on audio, but he was disrespectful to those who didn't share that vision of audio.

I know you had a transformative experience after visiting David's and I am happy for you to find what you were looking for but give it a rest! He was not a god or even a guru...just a man with good a good audio sense and more than a bit of salesmanship. In the end, he was still monetizing his expertise.

Will you go next? Would be a pity but looks like Tango followed his guru out the door.

The one I really miss from this forum is Audiophile Bill, who was very knowledgeable, especially DIY, and was also very respectful to everyone and displayed his knowledge without arrogance.

I personally think the limits of free speech are pretty wide on this forum as long as you avoid personal attacks beyond a certain limit and avoid politics and religion...not so hard to do...even for me.
Essence squeezed in a few rows - bravo!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I think you'll find he might just do that. Whatever the rights or wrongs of these rules, mute point as we say in the UK, "your gaff, your rules", you might want to consider not being quite so terse. I'm not really in the DDK camp re his reasons for storming off, but I'm not sure I really like the rule makers saying like it or lump it, and facilitating ANOTHER exit, to add to David and Tang. No-one disinterested in WBF navel gazing has to read this thread, they can always instead get lost in 14k Extreme posts, but surely this is the thread to thrash out the machinations of the forum.
To just say, shut up now, maybe won't have the result you guys running WBF want.

Reactions: Lagonda

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
I think you'll find he might just do that. Whatever the rights or wrongs of these rules, mute point as we say in the UK, "your gaff, your rules", you might want to consider not being quite so terse. I'm not really in the DDK camp re his reasons for storming off, but I'm not sure I really like the rule makers saying like it or lump it, and provoking an exit. Noone disinterested in WBF navel gazing has to read this thread, they can always get lost in 12k Extreme posts, but surely this is the thread to thrash out the machinations of the forum.
To just say, shut up now, maybe won't have the result you guys running WBF want.
Just to lighten the tone a little, the version I know of this phrase is "Your bat, your ball, your game" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing