* Did you watch a film last night (on Blu or DVD), and what was it? *

17889_medium.jpg

* Fun, but after twice I'm not sure when I will be rewatching it next time; could take a while...
Great cast of course with few gun shots. ...I'd say!
...Six million+ bullets were wasted during this flick! ;):D
And they had to hire lots of "hole's patchers"!

Last edited:
That should be the new rating system.

Instead of two thumbs up, it should be, "I give this 6 million bullets!"

That should be the new rating system.

Instead of two thumbs up, it should be, "I give this 6 million bullets!"

Lol excellent idea! :D

* Rating the new movie releases by the number of bullets fired! :)

** Or just to simplify things: Rating them from one (1) million to ten (10) million bullets.

*** Rob, you are sure a funny and smart individual! :)

Thanks, Bob -- same to you! You have a really enjoyable spirit.

Tonight I watched Client 9 on blu-ray. This is an Alex Gibney documentary on Eliot Spitzer.

I enjoy documentaries and this one was excellent. This kind of documentary necessitates using television footage, so during those times, which are kept to a relative minimum, the PQ comes down a peg, but the rest of the time, it is shot in hi-def digital, which, in these types of conditions, makes for excellent PQ.

It won't be for everybody because Spitzer is a controversial political figure and this documentary is clearly sympathetic towards him, which will put some people off, but if you're at all curious about the other side of the issues surrounding the scandal, you'll find it all here.

Accidental Tourist. Netflix streaming. Low rez, but a wonderful story.

Tim

Robin Hood.

After watching it twice now, I can say with certitude that it didn't do the trick with me!
...And the picture is simply just too dark! ...Why Ridley Scott has to keep messing with so much darkness in his movies! Not all of them but few for sure!
...Replay value = Only one (1) million arrows!

14883_front.jpg

...And the picture is simply just too dark! ...Why Ridley Scott has to keep messing with so much darkness in his movies!

yeah, dark times shouldn't mean dark-movies. get some lighting please. In some movies, My pet peeve is the SOUND levels, when folks are speaking. The extraneous noise from outside the diaglogue is always stepping on the actors vocals. With the quality of Audio recording, there should be no need to wonder what the hell they are saying.

yeah, dark times shouldn't mean dark-movies. get some lighting please. In some movies, My pet peeve is the SOUND levels, when folks are speaking. The extraneous noise from outside the diaglogue is always stepping on the actors vocals. With the quality of Audio recording, there should be no need to wonder what the hell they are saying.

My pet peeve is that audio is not remastered for the home environment. Few people have dedicated home theaters and I'd be fine if a special master was made for them, just like in the movie theater, in which the dialogue is much too low to be heard unless turned up high enough to damage the walls of your home when the action scene kicks in. For the rest of us, who have to listen to these movies in our homes? Take it down a notch. People all over America are watching movies with their finger permanently on the volume control.

Tim

Lol excellent idea! :D

* Rating the new movie releases by the number of bullets fired! :)

** Or just to simplify things: Rating them from one (1) million to ten (10) million bullets.

Reminds me of a rating system of my college days when we would sit in the Student Union Building and rate the women as they walked through. Since Helen's face launched a 1000 ships (Helen of Troy) we rated women in Milli-Helens. 1000 was the perfect women (never saw her) but we once did see a 925!!

Oh the simpler days!!

Milli-Helens? See -- that's the kind of creativity you can get when you mix brains with boners. Nice!

So, last night, I watched the first four episodes of Lost on blu-ray.

If you're keeping track, you know I watched the first three episodes on Sunday Night, so this was a second time through the first three and then added the fourth.

Liked it so much on Sunday with my son, I talked my wife into starting it with me, so I had to watch the first episodes again to get her up to speed.

I didn't mind, though.

It's good stuff.

She's now hooked, too.

Tonight I watched It Might Get Loud on blu-ray. This was the second time through on that one, too -- wanted to show it to a buddy of mine. Very enjoyable!

Because it was getting a bit too serious around here....Time Bandits.

Tim

Still a bit too serious......

House Bunny

^ "The House Bunny" is quite a charming flick! :) ...Nice popping colors on the Blu-ray. :cool:
...Still though it's a flick for the young teenagers. :D

* Last night: ;)

10927_medium.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing