Early 2019 Black Friday Deals on OLED & LED TVs

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Cheapest deal I have seen is on the most recent Holiday Savings Flyer from Costco. There is a 65" Vizio 120 refresh rate, 4K UHD LED LCD TV for $399. The price starts on November 22 through December 2, quantities limited.

Larry

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
There are lots of cheap TVs on the market and sales on them will be plentiful... Then there are some really good TVs at reasonable prices which will generally prove to be the smarter purchase in the long run. Guess there's a market for both extremes, but this is WBF! To each their own.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
What's the best deal on decent TVs doesn't have to be the very best TVs.
Second best with top best value suits all walks of life.

Wow, $400 (the price of few audiophile fuses, or a quality pair of tubes) for a 65" 4K Visio LED TV.

I'm amazed now that some top notch 65" OLED TVs (Sony and LG) are below two grands.
That is peanuts territory for videophile's "field of view" (dream come true).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Still waiting on eArc

Some model LG OLED 4K TVs sport HDMI 2.1 (featuring eARC), the LG OLED C9 for example and on Black Friday the 65" Class model should be around two grands or less.

Few years from now it would become the norm; HDMI 2.1 (eARC & all), 8K, and for the price of a rock-&-roll song.

But for now UHD 4K, HDMI 2.0, HDR10, Dolby Vision, are mighty fine for 99.999% of the population across America and Europe, and it costs no more than few hundred bucks.
Compared to yesterday's cathode ray tube TVs with a round screen and few feet of depth and weighting more than a regular fridge, I'd say we have evolved in performance and value.
Plus, the size (screen).

Yes, me too I'm waiting for 8K to come down in price.
eARC I'm already equipped.

Most folks on Black Friday are looking for 4K TVs in large screen size...65 to 85" and for few hundred dollars. Larry mentioned the 65" Visio 4K LED TV above for four hundred bucks; that'll do the trick for a good bunch. And OLED TVs too have come down in price to levels never seen before.
A year or two ago, the same first rate class OLED TV is half price today.
We live in an extremely fast lane. Today's best deals are tomorrow's history with the latest technologies in 8K and 16K displays. Even 4K front projectors are starting to feature Dolby Vision.

99.999% of folks don't want, don't need to wait for eARC...they can enjoy today great 4K picture quality for a song, a feather, a box of good morning favorite kid's cereals.
Black Friday is already here three weeks plus ahead of its official date.
This, is the best TV deals...Black Friday 2019 style.
_____

And Happy Day of the Dead.

Last edited:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Just got this LG OLED with the new C9 processor. This thing is thinner than my iPhone!

78427721_10220444262833907_222817693521149952_n.jpg

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I ordered the Visio 65" 4K that I wrote about in #2. I used Costco.com, since delivery is free. I was in Costco on Monday and they had a ton of TV's up to 82", including a stack of the Visio 65"s for the price I paid ($399.95). It is coming on Tuesday. No QLED or OLED, but it replaces an older Sony 42" which I bought a few years ago for $400 to $500 (a 1080p). We don't watch much TV, but I thought it would be good for blurays, of which we have quite a few. It will go in our second system, which has a nice audio set up including a R2R.

Larry

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Just got this LG OLED with the new C9 processor. This thing is thinner than my iPhone!

View attachment 59382

It is thinner, my own Android phone is twice as thick. And the price right now is also thinner than most newest hiend iPhones...about the same or slightly above but not by much.

The 65" Class, same model, is $2,000 ... not bad for one of the highest rated TVs on the planet. ...The number one actually from many expert video review sources.
https://www.costco.com/lg-65"-class---c9-series---4k-uhd-oled-tv.product.100488595.html

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Tip: Don't buy from Newegg...they are NOT a LG authorized dealer.
https://www.cnet.com/news/newegg-black-friday-2019-deals-get-this-65-inch-lg-c9-oled-tv-for-1699/

Scroll down for Unauthorized LG dealers ...
? https://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddealers/lg_online_authorized_retailers

? Costco membership gives you the best advantages for free extended warranties and any issue you may encounter. My own local Best Buy (Canada) covers OLED burn-in issues (fantastic).
_____

Couple more great deals ...
? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-65-...ickid=2AtXWKVlzxyJTwlwUx0Mo34VUkn3lqyqS1wUzE0

? https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSUNG-...ickid=2AtXWKVlzxyJTwlwUx0Mo34VUkn3lqRDS1wUzE0

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Interesting, and useful ...

So the LG OLED C9 even @ few hundred dollars more than the B9 is the better buy...better TV.

The latest on the best 2019 TVs (Dec 5) /// This is the top 15 list (notice that they are all OLEDs except for only one (Samsung QLED @ #13 spot).
20191207_130743.jpg
Anyone of the above is a good choice. And what's amazing is that they are all super affordable.
This is 2019 Christmas time ...

December 6 update ...
20191207_133320.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing