Emm labs DA2 v2 upgrade

Spoiler Alert - According to a reviewer (who himself owns a million dollar sound system) whom I communicate regularly, he said that the DA2i as compared to the DA2 V2 has "much more low level detail and resolution, more powerful and impactful bass, more air, large sense of space, better focused images, better depth, more analogue and this is equally true of Redbook CD and SACD."

Reactions: john925 and Ian B
Word from the factory is that all their energies are going into production of the DA2i right now. It will be months before they start updating V2s to V3s and work out the update price.

I was told 5k to go to V3 and 12k to go to DA2i, which includes the streaming features and new front face plate, and retail on a new unit to be 35k. Additionally, they won’t be doing upgrades for at minimum, 2 months, as they want to build the brand new units first. For me personally, I would want the streaming feature.

Reactions: Yuen A.
I was told 5k to go to V3 and 12k to go to DA2i, which includes the streaming features and new front face plate, and retail on a new unit to be 35k. Additionally, they won’t be doing upgrades for at minimum, 2 months, as they want to build the brand new units first. For me personally, I would want the streaming feature.
What is V3? I've only heard about upgrade to DA2i.

I was told it’s the DA2i but with out the streaming/networking features. So no need to replace the front panel & display or the rear panel.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu