Entreq Tellus grounding

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Entreq works and cheap for what it does and the many cables for it.
Grounding in general is very inportent and most have no idea how or why or even how many facets it effects the sound.
Even if our audio was completely powered on dc combined or seperty we would still need entreq goodies. Now imagine it’s not and all it adds to complexity.
Glad to see a few great makers helping out for real products for all.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Just closed the loop , Everest on all Entreq wooden pegs .. wow ... Flow , tone , sense of ease all enhanced , who needs vinyl lolllll ... *Ducking for cover*

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
For those using Entreq wraps ... Compared the older AC Silver wraps to the new Infinity Wraps Copper ... Much lower noise floor, which is easily discernable . Promoting a fuller harmonic structure. Haven't yet compared the Silver old to the Silver Infinity. Worth investigating for current users. Cheers.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
For those using Entreq wraps ... Compared the older AC Silver wraps to the new Infinity Wraps Copper ... Much lower noise floor, which is easily discernable . Promoting a fuller harmonic structure. Haven't yet compared the Silver old to the Silver Infinity. Worth investigating for current users. Cheers.

It's the one Entreq product I haven't tried.
Will look forward to reading how the Silver Infinity performs,

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks for the heads up on the new versions Jazz. I have used AC wraps throughout my system on all power and signal connectors. Also have found them reliably beneficial with no downsides. Look forward to trying the new ones... a relatively inexpensive upgrade errr to infinity and beyond... as they say.

Reactions: Jazzhead

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Fantastic...i use a bunch of the silver wraps and generally have preferred their silver-based grounding, Tellus and other products. Will be interesting to learn more about these.

Reactions: Forte

tategoi

Dec 25, 2014
The earth cables are intended to be connected to a spare input connection of the component concerned and thence to the ground box itself.
They can also be used very effectively between the negative speaker output terminals of an amp and two separate compartments of a Poseidon, or to two separate ground boxes, In my system that has been very effective. The Entreq website has guidance on that application.
The Olympus Tellus also has a dedicated post for the connection of an Entreq earth mains lead to a mains outlet which again is very effective.
As Genesis indicated they do not replace the earth of a component. They provide signal grounding not component grounding

I had the Tellus II connected to my Devialet Expert Pro left and right negative binding posts with centre one connected to the digital input. Today with an ammeter I discovered that negative binding posts and the negative signal of all RCA inputs are actually connected. Is my observation consistent with what you have observed too?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks tategoi.
I am not familiar with Devialet amps although I had a number of reports some time ago about how much the earlier Devialet amps benefitted from Entreq grounding.
I use a Vitus SIA 025 amp with a Poseidon and that combination works very well together. I have never checked it with an ammeter so I cannot answer your question.
I suspect that what you have observed may be a particular design feature of the Devialet but it may be that other members can shed more light on this.
I presume the Tellus II/Devialet combination is working well in your system and that as the Tellus II design is of isolated chambers your configuration poses no problems.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Two weeks ago I received Olympus Infinty and Challenger Power cord. After some testing with the monoamps (which are grounded by Tellus II) I connected Olympus Infinity to my PreAmp (previously grounded from an Olympus Ten one). Wow, this bigger box generates a white-ankle sound picture; in addition to this sound is getting smoother and more "analog". Bingo ! Also challenger pc is a hit in comparison to the former power cord, a triode wire labs 10plus. To be fair: it is 8 times more expensive than the twl. All in all I am mega satisfied. And also Tellus II is great for the power amps !

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks for your update Simone.
I have also found the Challenger PCs a worthwhile upgrade and I have also had very favourable reports on the Olympus Infinity.
Enjoy!

XCop5089

Sep 5, 2015
Winchester, UK
Barry2013

When are we going to get your promised write-up of the Musical Bliss power bar please?

Steve

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Barry2013

When are we going to get your promised write-up of the Musical Bliss power bar please?

Steve
Hi Steve
You had me worried for a moment but on checking I now see that I did give my considered views on the Musical Bliss power bar in post 2850 in this thread back in August.
Still very pleased with it. Works very well with my Entreq boxes and cables. No background noise at all and a musical and transparent sound. I like its looks and rack mounting functionality and the earthing connection I am sure is a real plus.
They are expensive at £6.9k though. The Shunyata Denali is now available in the UK with UK plugs for £5.9k in tower configuration and a rack mountable version is due. Had that been available when I bought the MB I would probably have compared the two before deciding so you might like to consider that option, but not regretting the choice.

Number9

Oct 15, 2018
For anyone interested in new Entreq products, the US distributor is selling off entire inventory at 50%.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Who is the distributor?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Ok

Simone

Jun 16, 2017
Other question: has anybody experiences concerning silver cleanus ? What does it sonically ? Is the advised grounding mega important for sound issues or does it work already stand alone convincingly ? Thx a lot for any support :)

XCop5089

Sep 5, 2015
Winchester, UK
Hi Steve
You had me worried for a moment but on checking I now see that I did give my considered views on the Musical Bliss power bar in post 2850 in this thread back in August.
Still very pleased with it. Works very well with my Entreq boxes and cables. No background noise at all and a musical and transparent sound. I like its looks and rack mounting functionality and the earthing connection I am sure is a real plus.
They are expensive at £6.9k though. The Shunyata Denali is now available in the UK with UK plugs for £5.9k in tower configuration and a rack mountable version is due. Had that been available when I bought the MB I would probably have compared the two before deciding so you might like to consider that option, but not regretting the choice.

Thanks Barry

I missed it because I was looking for a new thread!

There is scant detail about it's construction and design philosophy online and it is only available from one seller on Ebay!
Extravagant claims are made about it's performance, but little is made known about what is inside the box. Apparently, there are no filters, transformers or mains regeneration involved, just star-earthing and attention to RFI/EMI and mechanical vibration control, similar to MusicWorks and Russ Andrews mains blocks!
It does look nice, is solidly built, but seems very expensive for a little-known product/company though!

I am glad that you were so impressed that you made a purchase.

Merry Christmas

Steve

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing