Entreq Tellus grounding

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Barry, is this an alternative to the Entreq Powerus, or am I comparing apples w oranges?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Marc
Yes I think it is.
It's bigger and the technology is different.
I have never tried the Powerus so I can't compare directly but the MB has made a significant improvement to the sound of my system and I am very pleased with it.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have now received a front on photo of the Musical Bliss power block which I can now share with you.
As you can imagine it's a lovely aesthetic match to my Entreq Athena rack and top of the WAF class.
I am now about 400 plus hours into the recommended burn in period of 5-600 hours and I'm delighted with it.
It's bringing a real in the room sound to the music and in combination with the Entreq ground boxes and cables a totally silent background.
I will start a separate thread once I have some additional information from the manufacturer but it is a small outfit so is taking time Musical Bliss Mains Distribution Block 5.JPG

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
A few post, I said I was thinking about buying a second Poseidon. The idea was to change my 4 Silver Tellus posts for a Poseidon plus an Olympus Minimus. In the end the financial possibilities have made it start with the Olympus Minimus. I changed my Pre Amplifier connection from Silver Tellus to Olympus Minimus and it really is a very remarkable quality jump. IMG_8912.JPG

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Nice set up Nonesup! BTW, are those the standard feet for the Rockport? I think those are something you have added...what are they and what difference/improvement do they make? Curious.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi.
Thank you for your words.
Effectively they are not the standard feet of Rockport, they are a Stillpoints Ultra + Base screwed to the speaker with the adapter for the Rockport Atria, which has Stillpoins
Regards

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi.
Thank you for your words.
Effectively they are not the standard feet of Rockport, they are a Stillpoints Ultra + Base screwed to the speaker with the adapter for the Rockport Atria, which has Stillpoins
Regards

Very interesting! I use Ultra 5s under the big Wilsons. Enjoy...i think i have an idea of the benefits of what you are hearing. Enjoy.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
What I noticed is a better controlled bass

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi.
Exclusively signal connections.
Except for the connection to the AQvox Switch that is made with Eartha Olympus Infinity, all others are with Eartha Apollo Infinity (at the moment).
Poseidon connects the two negative terminals of the amplifier plus the switch with cable terminated in RJ45.
Olympus Minimus connects the Pre Amplifier with RCA connector.
Silver Tellus connects the Lumin with RCA connector, the Melco with USB connector and the Amplifier with RCA connector.
In addition to this, in the kitchen are the Router and the device that converts the optical fiber into a copper network. Each one is connected to a Silver Minimus with cable terminated in RJ45, in addition to being connected to an LPSU of Kenneth Lau.
It only remains to say that the Silver Tellus has a free post left and that I have an Eartha Apollo Infinity with Schuko termination and a free socket on my Denali 6000, so I'm doing tests to see if I make that connection to the Silver Tellus or not (I still have not fully decided)
0AB1658F-881B-425B-9F1D-B157D1FD1B90.jpg

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
D25501D2-762F-4C51-A30F-ABCD577976B6.jpg

jturbo

Jan 20, 2018
Lexington, KY
Thanks!

Very informative. Any concerns about grounding the power side into the denali and mixing with signal grounds all into the tellus? It seems like the olympus tellus
keeps that function separate... I think.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Tomorrow, Saturday, I will be able to make a serious listening and I will be able to answer if the connection from Silver Tellus to Denali is positive

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Sven Billen, the person of Entreq with whom I had contact by mail these years, given that there was no importer in Spain, has encouraged me on several occasions to not give anything for sure and try different configurations of the Entreq products to find the best in my own system.
Well that's what I had to do yesterday and today until I find what is undoubtedly the best sound I've ever had in my room.
I connected the Eartha Apollo Schuko cable connected to the free pole of my Silver Tellus and a free socket on my Denali 6000. I listened to different types of music and it certainly showed more clarity in the sound, but there was always "something" unnatural in the music, regardless of what it was.
I then switched the Eartha that connected the AQvox Switch to the Poseidon and connected it to the Silver Tellus and The RCA Eartha that connected the amplifier I moved it from the Silver Tellus to the Poseidon's central pole and I kept the Schuko cable in the Silver Tellus, better sound, but the same sensation of not naturalness, of "odd" timbre.
Then it occurred to me to move the Schuko cable from the Silver Tellus to the same pole of the Poseidon where the Eartha RCA cable of the amplifier was connected, and ...... BINGO !!!. I am going back to listen to many of my favorite records and I am very happy.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
That's a very valuable and interesting story and thank you for sharing your experiments with us.
The Silver Tellus is a good performer but in my experience the Poseidon and Olympus Tellus do justify their higher price by their better performance.
FWIW Choice Hifi in London has a used Poseidon for sale at around £2700. On Hifishark. It's a reputable outfit and my Olympus Tellus came from them.
Enjoy your records!

trev

Apr 3, 2015
Norfolk U.K
I got an email from my local shop, Martins in Norwich last week listing all their special offers at the moment and there was an ex-demo Olympus Tellus listed at half price at £3300 which I must say I think is pretty damn good.

Genesis168

Jan 26, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Hi nonesup, I see you have a Poseidon. Do you use the Everest on your Poseidon? Just wondering. I have a Poseidon on the way and wonder if the Everest would be too much of an addition to it. Thanks in advance

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Yes, I have Everest in the 3 post of the Poseidon, in the Olympus minimus and in three of the four post, of the Silver Tellus. I already had them before buying the Poseidon, so I can not tell you what improvement I noticed when I added them. However Entreq says that they always produce improvement in any of their boxes. I suppose they will be right.

Genesis168

Jan 26, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the reply Nonesup. I read somewhere some reviewer said the Everest might be over the top for some boxes. That’s why I asked. Right now I have a silver minimus/Everest hooked up to my electrical panel and that made an unbelievable difference. Now getting The Poseidon and more Everest for my components. Hope to upgrade that silver minimus with an Olympus mini for the panel.

I’m really surprised the improvement these boxes brought to my system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing