Entreq Tellus grounding

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Ricardo
Not a problem with good footers. I have a Poseidon on top of a Silver Tellus.
The best option is to mount each on a separate shelf but the advantages of that are very modest compared with stacking on a good rack with good quality supports.

cyclopse

Jul 25, 2016
I have found this thread of great benefit. Saturday should be Vitus grounding day. A Poseidon with Infinity Apollo to ground speaker negative terminals plus a spare input for the middle Entreq terminal.

Maragoo

Nov 3, 2017
Will look forward to hearing how it goes

Seems that he is just listening music all the time since installing his demo Entreq stuff :D

I will get some Entreq Challenger power cords for my Vitus SIA-025 and Vitus SCD-025 next week. Decided to keep my Gigawatt PF-2 powerbar and get an Entreq Challenger cable installed between wall socket and powerbar instead of opting for Entreq PowerUs - this unit is such a big box when ordering it with 8 Schuko sockets. So far I'm very happy what upgrade the two Entreq Olympus Ten connected to the negative speakers terminal brought combined with Apollo Infinity cables. Currently my Konstantin Infinity speakers cables are connected to a single Silver Minumus - this one has to be upgraded soon to something higher in the chain.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Maragoo
I use the Challenger 3V power cables and have been very pleased with them. I'm sure you will hear an improvement once yours are installed.Yes the Entreq negative speaker terminals grounding is a really good investment.
Hopefully this exchange may prompt cyclopse to update us!

cyclopse

Jul 25, 2016
Seems that he is just listening music all the time since installing his demo Entreq stuff :D

I will get some Entreq Challenger power cords for my Vitus SIA-025 and Vitus SCD-025 next week. Decided to keep my Gigawatt PF-2 powerbar and get an Entreq Challenger cable installed between wall socket and powerbar instead of opting for Entreq PowerUs - this unit is such a big box when ordering it with 8 Schuko sockets. So far I'm very happy what upgrade the two Entreq Olympus Ten connected to the negative speakers terminal brought combined with Apollo Infinity cables. Currently my Konstantin Infinity speakers cables are connected to a single Silver Minumus - this one has to be upgraded soon to something higher in the chain.

I am grounded!

6B56BDE1-0316-4846-AB3C-B895F596BFA3.jpg

The Poseidon is fully grounding the SIA-025. That is negative speaker channels and a third Apollo Infinity for a spare rca input. I also have a Silver Tellus with eight grounding leads to ground all the source components. Encountered a small problem with the Poseidon middle binding post slightly loose by its entry point into the wooden case. This will be replaced under warranty.

Everything is settling in now following a week since installation. The effect really is the icing on the cake after cable and isolation/footer upgrades. There is greater bass authority and much more clarity. The little Harbeths sound much larger than before. Play something with micro detail like trentmoller Physical Faction and it’s rather puzzling where all that extra information has not been heard before. I thought the Vitus integrated was a quiet integrated but the Entreq demonstrates there is noise in the circuit.

I can see why clients come back for more Entreq.

Now back to the tunes.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
That's great news cyclopse.
The negative speaker terminal grounding, particularly with a Poseidon, is really establishing itself as a no brainer upgrade.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
hello
is there any problem to stack tellus II on top of silver tellus provided they are separated by good footers (silver tellus on stillpoints mini and tellus II on entreq ES-pads?

From the Engreq website:

“Place your groundbox on the floor or in the rack, but make sure there are a distance of at least 15-20 cm to other units. Once connected, your box will start work, but it will take few minutes to you hear a difference in sound. These because it take a while before the grounding have start clean up.”

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Does it matter if S Tellus and other Entreq boxes are installed the “wrong way” ie on their narrow sides?

If these boxes need to be 15cm apart, then the only way I can position my S Tellus, S Cleanus and O Minimus boxes on one isolation platform, is to have them all stood on their narrow sides.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I’m unsure why, Barry.

I mean it’s not as if there are components in these ground boxes.

We’re talking tightly packed minerals w wiring/cabling interspersed.

Nothing to “come loose”.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Interesting, and oft told story about grounding, and it happened to me again over the last 24hrs.

System has been singing in the last 6 weeks as never before. I’ve been in a 100% Zen state, not once considering adjusting anything, upgrades, tweaks etc. I’ve had a last couple of rounds of tweaks pending, but I haven’t once obsessed about these.

Barry2013 is coming over to listen to the system after many delays as I struggled to get my analog reinstalled sounding any good.

So, I thought I’d declutter my cable loom which had been looking a little untidy. Out came all the pwr cords, interconnects and spkr cbls, and ground leads, to be laid more neatly, and all reconnected.

Listening this morning, and something not right, sound veiled and muted.

I had also installed some RollerBlocks under Straingauge energiser, cdp and monos.

Back to the age old navel gazing, but upon perusing the cables, it was apparent the Apollo lead from the Straingauge energiser had come loose.

Reconnected, and everything snapped into focus, and more 20mins in. Popping my cable elevators under my loom took it up a bit more too.

After 18 months or so of being maybe a little cool on Entreq, this simple experience has recestablished my faith in the product and it’s effectiveness.

Indeed the uptick today was v similar to the original demo in 2013 which sold Entreq grounding to me and got me enthusiastic enough to set the ball rolling on WBF w this thread.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I’m unsure why, Barry.

I mean it’s not as if there are components in these ground boxes.

We’re talking tightly packed minerals w wiring/cabling interspersed.

Nothing to “come loose”.

I don't think that the filling is tightly packed from top to bottom so may not cover the connections inside as well as in a horizontal position.
I can't imagine that vertical placement is as satisfactory in the absence of any reference to it on Entreq's website or any example I have come across of that configuration.
That said you could give it a try and see if it works.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Has anybody tried the Entreq USB cables?
I ask because when I was with my supplier he took a call from a dealer who rang him to say that the Entreq Prime usb cable had outperformed every other cable he had tried including very considerably more expensive ones. I don't stream so I have no experience but I thought I would share it in case it is of interest to those who do.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi.
These days I'm considering buying a second unit of Entreq Poseidon. So to partially finance your purchase I have decided to sell 3 cables Entreq Eartha Apollo with RCA termination, upgraded to Infinity.
If someone is interested in a good purchase PM to me.

jturbo

Jan 20, 2018
Lexington, KY
Hi all,

I was playing around with my Olympic Minimus as a chassis grounding box and wanted to discuss some interesting results.
There may be a bunch of info on chassis grounding buried in this thread, however chassis grounding seems to be secondary in perception
on this thread.

I use a Nordost Qbase MkII for power distribution on a dedicated line from a Torus Isolation transformer. It has a separate ground Lug which
bonds all the sockets in the qbase and also combines the house ground onto a single point.

I used a pair of Nordost Qkore Grounding cables to ground the Qbase and chassis ground on my AUralic Aries LPS to the Olympus Minimus.
I dont own any entreq grounding cables... The Nordost QKore cables seem to work nicely with the Olympus box.

The results have been quite nice and have been gaining as the hours have gone by. Detail, dynamics, bass and ability to draw me into the soundstage, all very much improved.

As I think of this method, it occurs to me -- By grounding @ the qbase, Im able to use the ground wire of the power cords to each component without having to run
extra parallel grounding cables. Maybe a cost effective method of system chassis grounding.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks jturbo.
That is interesting.
I recently replaced my Audience Aspect AR8 with a newly introduced Musical Bliss power block which I will start a new thread on very shortly.
Attached are some photos and mine uses an Entreq Apollo earth lead connected to my Entreq Olympus. It needs 500-600 hours burn in which is nearly completed and it has brought a new level of definition and musicality to my system.
Both interesting examples of how Entreq can be applied with other products Musical Bliss Mains Distribution Block 1.jpg Musical Bliss Mains Distribution Block 3.jpg

jturbo

Jan 20, 2018
Lexington, KY
Thanks jturbo.
That is interesting.
I recently replaced my Audience Aspect AR8 with a newly introduced Musical Bliss power block which I will start a new thread on very shortly.
Attached are some photos and mine uses an Entreq Apollo earth lead connected to my Entreq Olympus. It needs 500-600 hours burn in which is nearly completed and it has brought a new level of definition and musicality to my system.
Both interesting examples of how Entreq can be applied with other products View attachment 42591 View attachment 42592

That is interesting. I think that power distributors with ground ports are a plus!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing