Faces to names?

Very cool pic, vinylphilemag!

x

Geez,

You look rather precariously situated atop the prototype :eek:

I am sure my mom was hiding behind the speaker holding onto me ;) This is actually one of my favorite photos of when I was a baby! :)

By the way, nice to meet you, Sam! :)

Debby

You look just like your mom and your brother looks like your dad

Well thank you, Steve! I take that has a huge compliment since I think my mom looks amazing - she recently won Mrs. Utah Senior 2010 ;)

I am sure my mom was hiding behind the speaker holding onto me ;) This is actually one of my favorite photos of when I was a baby! :)

By the way, nice to meet you, Sam! :)

Whew...I'm relieved :D It is a beautiful picture and conveys so much about your family -- Great to meet you, too!

Hi guys!
I'm Mary I'm 25 years old and I'm a new member.
I tried to upload my photo but I can't do it!
Any advise?

From my TAS days, many years ago:

L-R: Robert Reina (now with Stereophile), John Nork (one of the best TAS reviewers ever) and me!

TAS Nork and Rein&#9.jpg

L-R: Frank Doris, Jim Ricketts (owner of tmhaudio), me, Anthony Chiarella, unknown lady and Michael Fremer

TAS pics..jpg

More recently:

Me, far right in blue at Kettlebell cert.

kettlebell L2 class pic.jpg

PFO get together at CES last year. Me, third right; David and Carol Clark, 2/3 of the ownership of PFO, back center and left.mylesisladinner2010.jpg

Hey, Robert Reina does a great Dana Carvey impersonation! ;)

Slightly off topic but here's a picture of where it all began, that is the ability of audiophiles to communicate via the computer. (actually predated the Net, as one had to make a long distance phone call to log in.) Probably early to mid'80s, The Audiophile Network (TAN) started by Guy Hickey, also designer of the Quatre gain cell amplifier. Unfortunately, Guy was never able to make the transition to the Web; sadly, no one has been able to locate Guy in many years :(

tanmeeting.jpgtanhickey1.jpg

Myles, thanks for sharing!

x

Hi guys!
Any advise?

Hi,

There's an icon described as "Insert Image" available when one replies...perhaps, this is a possible solution.

Welcome, Mary :cool:

Hi guys!
Any advise?

One suggestion is from Sam. Alternatively, go to advanced, manage attachments and search files. Click on the file and then select upload your pic and then click insert inline. That should do it too.

Slightly off topic but here's a picture of where it all began, that is the ability of audiophiles to communicate via the computer. (actually predated the Net, as one had to make a long distance phone call to log in.) Probably early to mid'80s, The Audiophile Network (TAN) started by Guy Hickey, also designer of the Quatre gain cell amplifier. Unfortunately, Guy was never able to make the transition to the Web; sadly, no one has been able to locate Guy in many years :(

Nice to see this famous people. Due to the expense of international phone calls we europeans could only dream about participating in TAN, although sometimes we read about it and its discussions in magazines.

Only later with the appearance of the Net at the University I joined the famous five newsgroups:

rec.audio.pro
rec.audio.high-end
rec.audio.opinion
rec.audio.misc
rec.audio.marketplace

Nice to see this famous people. Due to the expense of international phone calls we europeans could only dream about participating in TAN, although sometimes we read about it and its discussions in magazines.

Only later with the appearance of the Net at the University I joined the famous five newsgroups:

rec.audio.high-end
rec.audio.opinion

Or as it was affectionately called wreck.audio. high-end and wreck.audio.opinion. The latter was truly a train wreck, the original wild, wild west of the the Web. Not pretty.

I remember those. Those were the beginning of my "addiction" to reading about audio on-line. We have come a LONG way !!

Esp. from UN-moderated groups like wreck.audio.opinion!

Hi guys!
Any advise?

You'd better find a way Mary! :) ..."What's Best" in life is a serious business/pleasure! ;)

* At the bottom of your page click on [Go Advanced], and then on the top line, right after the 'smiley' emoticon, click on the [Attachments] to download a picture. :)
Then I believe you'll find the last stretch of the operation, by clicking at the right places.
If not, ask and we'll guide you! :)

=> Me when I was young and handsome! :D

Bob

Attachments

• 4..jpg
    4..jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I look more like a clown than the performer in the grease paint. :cool:

Blue Man Group II&#4.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing