Faces to names?

My mug shot in the middle.

CIMG0255..JPG

Attachments

• zip line in Cost&#97.jpg
    zip line in Cost&#97.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 219
Steve, I was sure that was you in your Avatar;)

That's not me in my Avatar....This is me
228981d1284839464-painted-blanks-rfs-donations-mean-dog-8.jpg

:):)

Davey, your picture has to be an Absolute Sound subscriber who followed the advice from a JV blog :eek:

I was just wondering how many people here so far are into the "full disclosure" about themselves!:D

...See, I do remember the wise words previously spoken by Amir! :)

All aboard the wayback machine to the day of the skinny tie...1966

attachment.php

Back to the future to the day of the $5000 power cord...

attachment.php

That is one scary trip McFly! :cool:

I still have my beard in pic, gone now, behind the mutant Yorkie held by daughter, next to her is spouse who's put up with my hobby for 38 yrs, I'm surrounded by both sons. This was taken in 06.

Attachments

• 20-fam..jpg
    20-fam..jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Amir, how old is that picture from your avatar?
You know, I don't recall exactly. It was a corporate shoot paid by HP for an ad they were running and wanted a quote and picture from me while I was at Microsoft. If I were to guess, I would say 2005.

Being a photographer, I tend to be picky about people taking my pictures and such. But these two ladies showed up and did an incredible job. That was the first time I learned what a good skill it is to know how to talk to your subject to put them at ease and have them put on the face you want. I had only an hour and was in between meetings so was not in the best mood, having to change cloths, get make up, etc. At the end, I was so impressed with the work they did. Not that the picture is all that great per-se but their skill to get that much out of me!

BTW, I have never used my picture as an Avatar. I put it there to test as we were creating the forum and lack of creativity in picking something else meant that it stuck there! :D.

You know, I don't recall exactly. It was a corporate shoot paid by HP for an ad they were running and wanted a quote and picture from me while I was at Microsoft. If I were to guess, I would say 2005.

Being a photographer, I tend to be picky about people taking my pictures and such. But these two ladies showed up and did an incredible job. That was the first time I learned what a good skill it is to know how to talk to your subject to put them at ease and have them put on the face you want. I had only an hour and was in between meetings so was not in the best mood, having to change cloths, get make up, etc. At the end, I was so impressed with the work they did. Not that the picture is all that great per-se but their skill to get that much out of me!

BTW, I have never used my picture as an Avatar. I put it there to test as we were creating the forum and lack of creativity in picking something else meant that it stuck there! :D.

Cool! :cool: ...By the way, you look just great! Handsome and real cute! :)

The kid in my avatar is me. As I was only about 2 or 3 when that picture was taken, I guess I should post a more up to date picture!

Rich, I luv that picture of your avatar; I just wish that you can share it with us as a larger one.
Can you do that please?

* And keep it, it's a Classic! :)

-> A more recent picture of you (here in this thread) would finally put the record spinning on that turntable! :cool:

Rich, I luv that picture of your avatar; I just wish that you can share it with us as a larger one.
Can you do that please?

Here ya go! Looks like I was listening to one of my dad's Living Stereo records...

Hmm, the pic should be bigger than that, but the forum software limits .jpeg files to only 20kb; jpg files can be much bigger. Can someone fix this please!

-> A more recent picture of you (here in this thread) would finally put the record spinning on that turntable! :cool:

I will try to dig one out. :)

The photo of me must be 40 years old. Is it the avatar with the most years between the photo being taken and now?

Attachments

• listening_to_mus&#.jpg
    listening_to_mus&#.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Hey, dad, have you got any of those fancy Stax electrostatic earspeakers I can borrow? These cans just ain't doin' it for me! (And, hey, while you're standing there, can you flip the record over, please?)

Attachments

• IMAGE70..jpg
    IMAGE70..jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 240
Wow, that is awesome! ...You are bringing tears to my eyes here Rich!
Do you have any idea how many members here can relate to that first picture of you by the turntable?
This is a true treasure, precious for a lifetime and more...

Thank you very much for sharing!

* I'll have to visit you this year in Kelowna. ...Didn't go visit my best friend Michel in Naramata.

Thank you very much for sharing!

* I'll have to visit you this year in Kelowna. ...Didn't go visit my best friend Michel in Naramata.

My pleasure! And sure, by all means look me up next time you're in the area. Naramata isn't far away, especially if you go via Chute Lake Road (i.e., the direct, but rough, way).

Rich, I still have your phone number in my address book! {Remember, from Blu-ray Forum?}
Plus I used to live right by Chute Lake;
(Chute Lake Creek => Total population: 1 ---> I was that one back then! Totally true!)
And I also lived in Oyama.
And Paradise Ranch, where they filmed "My American Cousin".
And Osoyoos, Okanagan Falls, Naramata, Penticton, Summerland, Peachland, Westbank, Winfield, Vernon...

Ok...don't laugh....but here I am

At 2 - in the foreground with my dad. My twin-sister on the left with my Uncle in 1955 in Holland
scan0010..jpg

At 22 - in the backyard of my twin-sister's house in 1975 in Montreal
John 1975..jpg

At 55 - in my old bedroom. I've moved since.
s551401579_146342_2.jpg

Present me and 1 year old me (on top of a WAMM prototype :eek: )

Attachments

• Me..jpg
    Me..jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 146
  • babyme..jpg
    babyme..jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 144

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing