My wife and I just started watching Goliath on your recommendation, jazdoc. The first two episodes are awesome. I like Thorton, and love William Hurt, very sinister. Should be a fun watch over the rest of the Summer. Sure miss the olympics, tour de France, Wimbledon.
The Leftovers has been trying - season 2 is better but then gives you the BS "international spy" episode to ruin the flow. there were 2-3 episodes more interesting than anything season 1 tried to convey.
8 eps of Season 3, then onward. i've heard its quite good.
Grey's Anatomy. I don't know why nobody mentioned this series. 15 seasons of surprises in life of surgeons. It is the greatest show to me. So many great characters. Fun. Laugh, tears, raise many issues to think about. Just a lot of varieties. Remind me many things to do in life. Show me how beautiful Seattle is. Funny I thought wow this is a great place to be, then the thought of so many accidents and unfortunate events happened in the movie just kicked in.
Let me share my (long) list , starting with non Anglo-Saxon TV shows :
- Call My Agent. French comedy . Quite fun with French “VIP” on each episode.
- The Bureau. The French version of Homeland. More “realistic”, more talking, less action and cliffhangers. The french way...Excellent performance of M.Kassovitz
- Spiral . Police/justice
- Baron Noir: the French version of House of cards.
More “realistic”, more talking, less action and cliffhangers. The french way...
Let’s go in Italy:
- Corleone . The crazy story of the mafia boss Toto Riina
- The best of youth . Drama.