Favorite TV shows thread

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
God...you never got out of humour elementary school.
You really wasted your time here, never communicating our language properly.

Stream BritBox, and start watching Monty Python's Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Yes Minister and The Thick Of It.

That'll get you started.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
So I gave Yellowstone one more chance this morning. I turned it back on just in time to see Jamie, the attorney who is running for Attorney General, strangling and murdering the reporter who interviewed him. :rolleyes:

So I liked the first season, which, according to TV review sites, apparently was the least popular of the three seasons.

I am unplugging the TV for good!
Spoiler alert!

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
DS is interesting for the first part, then gets too repetitive and they couldn't really build on it.

But I enjoyed it for a few episodes before I realized towards the end of the first season it was going downhill. Second season was hopeless.

Queens gambit is alright. If you have watched some of the better series already mentioned on the thread
Thanks a lot. I watched the first two seasons of DS and you are absolutely right. The first season is much better than the second one. It seems like they ran out of ideas.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I stopped watching Yellowstone. It lost me after Jim Dutton told Zip to get rid of his enemies, and the Yellowstone cowboys kidnapped in broad daylight in the middle of the busy town using trucks emblazoned with Dutton Ranch logos the enemy land developer, and strung him up and hanged him (I know they cut him down before he died) with zero repercussions.

With this episode I feel like the whole thing turned into a dopey "mafia in the country" movie, and I lost interest.

I also thought all of the back-and-forth family drama became ludicrous. For example, John Dutton beat up and forbid his son, Jamie, from becoming Attorney General (which would have been incalculably beneficial for John Dutton) because Jamie didn't answer his phone on time?

But dogs finally made an appearance -- during a herding operation.

TV was fun for a day!
A striking lack of dogs. It's a very original observation. I guess the director is a cat person.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
My wife and I just caught up on HBO’s The Undoing last night.... all I can say is; wow, didn’t see that one coming!

Last edited:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I don't rate BB. Well I do like yes minister but that is too old to recommend now.

I couldn't find Yellowstone here will look on the web
Heavens!!!!! Don't rate BB .. Shocking.... B99 is so bubble gum ... Broad walk is crawling slow... GOT top of the heap for me.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Do not even get me started on GOT. It was by far the most entertaining TV show I have seen, but the last season left me with such a bad aftertaste. I still cannot get over all the unnecessary and idiotic mistakes Benioff and D.B. Weiss made.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Never even seen 5 mins of GoT.

Reactions: bonzo75

Direct Drive

Sep 16, 2020
East Anglia, UK
but the last season left me with such a bad aftertaste
Agreed 100%. What a disapointment. TBH it was all fairly predicable Snow would be of the Dragon people, thereafter I began to loose interest.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Do not even get me started on GOT. It was by far the most entertaining TV show I have seen, but the last season left me with such a bad aftertaste. I still cannot get over all the unnecessary and idiotic mistakes Benioff and D.B. Weiss made.

Couldn't stand it. Tried three seasons to see if I was missing anything. Every episode is the worst I have seen of TV

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
GOT has everything you need from a good TV show: love, hate, drama, suspense, unexpected turns, intrigue, banter, stunning views, attractive cast, a good fight, stunning views. Especially if you are into fantasy, but the last season GOT out of control.

Reactions: Bobvin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing