FFYX T1801 Turntable.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Does anyone know anything about this table/arm?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...8.0&pvid=e0adbf04-af3c-4958-a3ef-c20f2ec4baab

FFYX-new-18-year-flagship-LP-vinyl-record-player-T1801-air-bearing-turntable-black-Vinyl-Recor...jpg

Reading the text of the information provided below is simply painful as the writer is clearly not native to English, but still, this could be an interesting product and value.

Features

1. Improved main and auxiliary disk double-layer air bearing

2. Active suspension air suspension base

3. Five hundredth of a millimeter level ultra-precision fine-tuning

4. Multi-dimensional precision quantitative control adjustment of the tonearm, adjustment accuracy

0.01MM

5. Photoelectric sensor touch control

6. Real-time digital display monitoring speed

7. Reserve a second tonearm seat

8. Tonearm line and RCA are made with custom Italian ART alloy version

Note: ART graphite nails used on the product drawings are not included in this player .

This one not included cartridge .

The turntable part: adopts the main and auxiliary disc structure, the main disc diameter reaches

400MM, the thickness is 60MM, which brings a very high moment of inertia, so that the stability of

the rotation is greatly improved! It can be seen by the tachometer that the speed is not affected

after the needle is dropped! This may seem simple but in fact many dishes can't be done! The

secondary disk uses a 60mm thick 300mm air float plate, an improved air bearing!

Base part: adopts the design idea of optical detection platform, built-in four position sensors, four

air bags, when a certain angle changes position due to force change or other reasons, such as

rising, then the position sensor will let The corresponding air bag is subjected to a deflation

operation. Similarly, if it is lowered, the corresponding air bag is inflated, thereby realizing active

suspension! This active suspension effect is far superior to passive suspension! The horizontal

angle of the four corners adopts a precise differential head, which not only has a high hardness of

the support head, but also has a lifting height of only one-fifth of a millimeter per foot, which can

achieve extremely precise horizontal adjustment!

Tonearm part: This tonearm is different from the ordinary air-floating arm and the arm tube is short.

This design can bring more flexible tracking performance, which leads to excellent low-frequency

performance: fast speed, deep dive ! The freshness of the sound and the sense of the air,

especially the texture of the instrument, are more in place! Moreover, the tonearm has multiple

dimensions of precise instructions:

1. the top VTA scale indicates: this can achieve fast VTA adjustment of the record! Realizing 120g

and 180g records have the correct VTA angle, and it is extremely fast and convenient!

2. side VTA scale indication: VTA adjustment when it is convenient to replace different cartridges!

3. side and front position scale: easy to change the tangential angle of the pickup!

4. rear horizontal adjustment scale: easy to adjust the level of the arm tube!

5. guide rail indication: the need to repeat a certain piece of music when it is convenient for PK

equipment!

Motor, air pump and control part: using touch panel, theoretically it can be unlimited life! Real-time

speed display, you can intuitively monitor the real-time speed of the turntable! The motor adopts a

newly developed control system with precise and stable speed. The 33 and 45 can be switched

directly on the panel, and can be finely adjusted separately! The air pump has been optimized and

improved. It can be said that there is basically no audible noise, and the life of the pump is greatly

extended!

Size: 520 wide * 490 deep * 330 high

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It is cool that it is a linear tracker!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Is the motor AC or DC?

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Hard to find any useful information. But it looks like ffyx makes a number of tables and arms that appear very reasonably priced. Whether there's something seriously good here or not, I have no idea. However, based on the current descriptors for their products, my guess is that you would need a decoder ring to set one of these up correctly. Yet I am intrigued and can't seem to turn my eyes away. Perhaps some of our Asian members know more about this Chinese product?

https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en...r-c-57?zenid=8181293bc32fd59cfa3fc00acf5107ed

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Chinese made turntable from Shenzhen. I saw the linear tracking tonearms and lower model turntables at the HK hifi show last year.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Anybody going to ventilate their wallet as a sacrifice for 'the cause' to review it? I wouldn't want the linear tracker. I would go for a standard arm and arm mount.

Good price for the apparent tech involved. However, detailed and very clear setup instructions would be mandatory. I would bet it is decent if fully set up correctly.

It would be nice to know the platter weight and composition, as well as for the platform. I assume one would still have to buy the compressor. Lots of tech means lots of details that have to be ironed out. Probably too little info for a blind shot purchase.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Carl, what's wrong with a linear tracking tonearm, aren't they more technically accurate and better music reproduction tracking devices with less wear and tear for our precious groove vinyls?

? https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...-of-a-high-end-manufactory.28684/#post-590022

It's possible to go to audiophile war over these issues, so I guess it comes down to what you 'believe'.

I don't like the 'short' moment tonearm. The tracking angle and azimuth argument does not work for me, since tracking angle cuts on records can have variances of over ten degrees i.e. no uniformity anyway. The tracking error advantage, given all the myriad error envelopes of vinyl, also do not carry weight with me. It is an 'error prone' medium and rather than engage in endless bouts of fake precisions, I'd rather just listen to rekkids.

I'm averse to compressors or air sources for levitations or pressure. I used them in my profession, and I just don't believe they are 'care free', and they just add another layer of maintenance, fussing and farting to get between ears and vinyl.

Because people like to sell and re-sell linear tracking arms, only a small group of guys with linear trackers seem to admit that they can be stylus killers. One little kink in a tube or misstep, or power variation or failure, and zoom, the arm can go firing across the record like a laser bolt. A lot of audiophiles don't like to admit they klutz things up. Guys who have the luxury of tonearm butlers might do better. There's a bit of 'image preservation' that guys like to engage in with their rigs, buying and selling, so they won't always admit the fallibilities of particular choices or technologies.

Reactions: Vienna

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Not really. Among the people who know by far the most in analog and audio is Mik, general, Gian, and Pietro. They all love their linear trackers, and have many pivots too. Mik has in hundreds.

The issue with LTs is that the good ones are of a very high level, and the others have issues. Even the best ones have had production (pump/compressor) issues and are out of production, like air tangent. Mike too had a Rockport before. But it is at Rockport, Vyger, air tangent level

No one is concerned more with preserving an LP than the General, and for him LT is the only way

Sonically, people can prefer either, pivot or LT, that's up to them. I do like many pivots myself

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Carl, I've been running an air LT arm since 2013, the Trans Fi Audio Terminator T3Pro. Other than the need for proper attention to setup, it's been trouble free. And I really feel it's brought something special to my sound, a real balance of neutrality and musicality. My previous SME V was a real clunker in comparison.

I've never been near to any accident w it, although I've learnt to be careful in using it. For an initial outlay of £750, w mods rising to £2k, I truly rate it the greatest bargain in analog, maybe the whole of audio.

At the same time, I totally get why anyone would give these arms a wide berth.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
It's down to belief and testimony, as I said. Over the years, there have been many guys when you hear the skinny that just quietly moved their linear trackers back onto the market. I think one scratched high end cartridge is too many, and that seems to be a cited provoking motive. It's possible to scratch a cartridge anyway, but again, years of perusals on the internet of users indicate a trend.

Also kinks in tubes, wires, tracking anomalies, moisture in lines, noisy vibrating compressors, etc.
Compressors can start out quiet, and then get the farts over time. If you need specific brands, will your manufacturer even be in business any more?

Standard tonearms tend to be just easier to deal with, and I don't 'believe' they are meaningfully more error prone on anything outside of a designated test record.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey Carl, I just love the sound.
And I have scrubbed one stylus on my LT. However that could have happened on any pivoted arm too.

The only arm I'd seriously consider moving away from my Terminator LT for, would be the 12" SAEC 506 I heard at UK Paul.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
What's nice with that TT (FFYX T1801) Carl, is that no going to war because of one's belief over another one is necessary. The model accommodates both types of arms.
7. Reserve a second tonearm seat
{As seen in the first video of post #9}

See, no arm done and all camps can survive. The black T1801 model becomes a personal experimental music box, a black widow playback joy machine.
Plus it costs less than a 2020 base model Corvette C8 Stingray.
_____

* Bonus read:
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/are-linear-tracking-arms-better-than-pivoted-arms

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
What's nice with that TT (FFYX T1801) Carl, is that no going to war because of one's belief over another one is necessary.

Hah! You coulda fooled me. I must have been mis-perceiving all these years on the blogs!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
FFYX has utlilized their experience in making turntables to make & launch a air platform for hifi components.

IMG-20190502-WA0122.jpg

Internally there are several air-bladders to make the top steel plate "floating".
The bladders are filled by an electrical pump with pressure monitoring & correction circuits.

I auditioned a sample in Hong Kong.
Very well-built and the sonic improvement was significant.
If I have time, I will write a short review on it on the WBF Tweaks Forum.
:)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
FFYX has utlilized their experience in making turntables to make & launch a air platform for hifi components.

View attachment 55805

Internally there are several air-bladders to make the top steel plate "floating".
The bladders are filled by an electrical pump with pressure monitoring & correction circuits.

I auditioned a sample in Hong Kong.
Very well-built and the sonic improvement was significant.
If I have time, I will write a short review on it on the WBF Tweaks Forum.
:)
You know how much it costs and how much load it could take.

Kind regards,
Tang

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
You know how much it costs and how much load it could take.i
Kind regards,
Tang
Three sizes :
Big?610 * 500 * 100
Mid?550 * 460 * 100
Small?490 * 440 * 75

The big model can take up to load of 100kg.
Its price in HK is around USD3500 (vat and shipping not included).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing