Finances | Business | Investments | Tesla Shares

For the second time the circuit breaker gave up. They need a new circuit box ...

And ...
"An epic battle between Russia and Saudi Arabia. Shrinking demand for jet fuel, gasoline and diesel. And now an unprecedented travel ban between the United States and Europe. It's a nightmare scenario for the oil market. US crude oil plunged another 6% to $31 a barrel on Thursday (today)."

If no plane fly no need for fuel. I expect the markets to crumble much more as we move forward in trying to stop this pandemonium ...

Hang in there, cash in cash out, wash your hands, wear a mask and check how many rolls you still have ... toilet paper.

That is exactly part of the conversation I had earlier this morning with a dear friend from back East...about a vaccine.
It's tricky as you are well aware Steve. If rushed too fast without all safe measures it could be worst.

My friend (his name is Bob too) said that he doesn't understand that in the year 2020 in a developed advanced country (North America), we are without a cure, a vaccine.
It's not that easy, it takes time to develop, normally about ten years and it's never the perfect antidote, magic recipe. People who have been vaccinated against the flu have an advantage against the Coronavirus he told me; I think he's right but I'm no expert.

He is concerned, very. He has few physical issues and he's 75.
My Mom (85) she is very tired, down.
Me, 65 with a bad heart condition I don't think I'm going to survive either if it gets close ...

My brother mentioned the economy being a major issue. I told him human lives being a bigger issue ...

I said to him; watch people eventually jumping of financial high rise skyscrapers.
But don't tell I told you so ...

We hear in the media today that based on the DOW we are approaching a recession

To me the bigger thought is are we approaching a global depression

as I watched the news today it was as if we are watching a domino effect as the country is now cascading into shutting everything down. Everything escalated quickly IMO when the NBA cancelled a few games last night and then canceled the season. After that every major sport has done the same Airports are like ghost towns even for local travel.

I feel the market is going to give up another 20% before this is over

I agree Steve; the word recession is way too gentle to describe this Corona financial economic global business reality. Depression, complete meltdown is more down-to-earth.

A bear market is super soft, a bat market (bloodbath) is more representative of factual reality.
It's a pandemic, an invisible global killer that spreads real fast, a super duder nasty sunnabaggun virus, ...it creates a financial pandemonium.

Reactions: Steve Williams
During times of crisis, correlation tends towards 1

Something is gonna give this year/ coming months and i m betting on it , if they can fix the system with 1,5 trillion capital injections , then why isnt zimbabwe a top economy .
Money for nothing only works for dire straits :rolleyes:.
I think were gonna see limit up for goldstocks before years end

Me I honestly think that those rescue attempts are only very short live.
The fundamentals are for a cascade deep down low the mountain's slopes.

And sorry for Bonds and Gold investors but this is not normal game; it's not even a game anymore...this is Corona pandemic reality...and it kills...on all fronts.

Gold and Bitcoin dropping in their wave C's down is a sign of a real bear market in progress. Bear markets are all about raising cash because you have to. Bear market rallies are swift and usually retraced quickly.

Roger, it's not a bear market, it's a grisly market.
Bear and Bull don't apply anymore.

As for Bitcoin it can die eternally forever after ... the currency of the corrupts and bandits and hackers and traffickers and criminals and gangsters from all classes of a society in disarray...lowest of the lowest low lifers.

Reactions: RogerD
When the acute fear is over they will have to keep printing massive amounts of money and inject it into the system.
Which they already do off course , in the end my fear is they will blow up the currency .
My major concern regarding the ECB and FED is , why keep the interest rate at 0 for 8 + years .
Now in time of crises everybody is loaded in debt due to all these cheap loans , completely irresponsible policy in my view.

My view to protect capital in the future is something they cant devalue , gold .

Last edited:
Worst day ever in the history of the stock markets.
DJIA down 3,000 points...minus 13% lost.
It looks like a free fall for all to me, like an unstoppable runaway train.
And there's no safety net, nobody can predict the future anymore, the security zone vanished all together.

How much gold can you pile in your pillow case? How much cash can you stuck in your mattress?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing