Flow...continuity

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Why are people so defensive and insulting. Flow, continuity? Don't know what that is. All I know is that I enjoy the music when I listen to my humble system.

“This aggression will not stand” The Dude

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
This flowed thru one ear, and out the other. I hope Ked doesn't hope anyone is converted to the horns argument w all this. He's likely to lose potential convertees.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
He's likely to lose potential convertees.

Not those who are truly the Enlightened Ones, and can miraculously hear this wonderful intangible "flow" and "continuity" through the crap of a Samsung phone microphone and cheap compressed digital.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
This flowed thru one ear, and out the other. I hope Ked doesn't hope anyone is converted to the horns argument w all this. He's likely to lose potential convertees.

I think (and hope) Kedar long lost interest trying to “convert” people to horn arguments. There is no need to attempt to convert anyone to anything. Let everyone do as they please imho.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I think (and hope) Kedar long lost interest trying to “convert” people to horn arguments.

If that were so, he wouldn't have started the thread.

Let everyone do as they please imho.

But some just can't stop preaching.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I think (and hope) Kedar long lost interest trying to “convert” people to horn arguments. There is no need to attempt to convert anyone to anything. Let everyone do as they please imho.

Marc used to try to convert himself to horns but each argument used to end up with him trying to convert others to the Zus

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If that were so, he wouldn't have started the thread.

But some just can't stop preaching.

No, some can't, over the last three years, move on from saying they hear no flow and try to disrupt any discussion on flow whether horns or analog. We get it... You can't hear it hear, in analog, at live shows. As I have mentioned to you multiple times before, you should decide if you want to listen to something and try to understand someone or just post what you believe in.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Kedar has developed an enormous wealth of experience that does offer a rather unique audiophile perspective. He also has a good ear.

His communication style can (and does) sometimes come across rather didactically but I believe his intention is more driven by an insatiable passion for hifi.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've yet to hear any horns truly flow w poorer recorded material. Other spkrs do a better job overall. So, let's have less apparently stellar recorded material on these clips, and more challenging material. Then we can see how horns don't always flow. Unless of course only one outcome/conclusion is the aim.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
No, some can't, over the last three years, move on from saying they hear no flow and try to disrupt any discussion on flow whether horns or analog. We get it... You can't hear it hear, in analog, at live shows. As I have mentioned to you multiple times before, you should decide if you want to listen to something and try to understand someone or just post what you believe in.

There you go. I never said that "I hear no flow". Of course music flows, duh.

Reactions: bazelio

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I've yet to hear any horns truly flow w poorer recorded material. Other spkrs do a better job overall. So, let's have less apparently stellar recorded material on these clips, and more challenging material. Then we can see how horns don't always flow. Unless of course only one outcome/conclusion is the aim.

Marc - Kedar isn’t saying that only horns flow. You are accidentally linking horns to flow.

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Marc used to try to convert himself to horns but each argument used to end up with him trying to convert others to the Zus
Hey, just promoting the good word, brother o'mine. People can hear the word. It's up to them to take the extra step, to save themselves. Ked, lost soul, you keep fighting the inevitable, now you've heard the word, you just need to let Zu flow over you. Thru yr veins, yr spine, yr soul. And put aside trinkets like horns, seeing them finally for the distractions that they are.
Amen.

Reactions: Lagonda

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Kedar will extol the flow virtues of vintage Tannoys or modern Devores for instance.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Marc - Kedar isn’t saying that only horns flow. You are accidentally linking horns to flow.
I look fwds to Ked posting similar videos w non tubed dacs, Class D amps, and big box spkrs. And talking flow w these.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I look fwds to Ked posting similar videos w non tubed dacs, Class D amps, and big box spkrs. And talking flow w these.

Well Tannoys are big (very big) boxes

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
If Kedar is making the argument that class D doesn’t flow (I don’t see him having written this btw), I for one would not contest lol.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Kedar will extol the flow virtues of vintage Tannoys or modern Devores for instance.
And I'll continue to extol flow thru my rim/idler tt, triodes and Zus.

But since listeners who love their SS and Magicos/Wilsons/Rockports don't feel they're missing any flow in their systems, and one can gauge nothing meaningful from such videos, the divide btwn Ked who believes vinyl or GG/triodes/horns is more conducive to flow than SS/box spkrs doesn't get bridged.

And I happen to be on his side re which systems have flow.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

But since listeners who love their SS and Magicos/Wilsons/Rockports don't feel they're missing any flow in their systems, and one can gauge nothing meaningful from such videos, the divide btwn Ked who believes vinyl or GG/triodes/horns is more conducive to flow than SS/box spkrs doesn't get bridged.

Some do believe they can gauge things through such videos.

Because some don’t hear that they are missing anything doesn’t mean that they are in absolute terms. That is fine.

I don’t think you have it right about Kedar and horns. I think he is more critical about a lot of horns than not. Dare I say there are as many horns he dislikes as he likes. He seems to be liking many cones of late.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

I think you are completely missing the point. I do hear more flow through sets, analog, etc etc that I extol for flow. In case you didn't read my initial posts on this thread, the swissonor is a cone not a horn.

Yes, there are other speakers. Many don't do flow. They do other things. Some might do more bass, separation, etc etc, when did I say they didn't. This was about one attribute. Like I said, you are not even interested in what this is about, you, like Al, just want to post on.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Careful, Zus block his way LOL.
For me, horns can be the greatest experience, and the worst. I just think that trying to demonstrate deep and hard to describe qualities of music reproduction via these videos is like freeze drying the perfect meal, and adding water at the other end.

Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing