For what it's Worth-Tesla

If you are not prepared to point out what you mean then perhaps leave the rhetoric out of your posts and just say you don’t like Tesla…full stop.

Perhaps you should refrain from dictating what other people post?

• Haha
Reactions: morricab
Perhaps you should refrain from dictating what other people post?
Whose dictating anything? Not I… however, based on your comments you seem to have a problem with free speech…never took you for a drive by shooter…

Whose dictating anything? Not I… however, based on your comments you seem to have a problem with free speech…never took you for a drive by shooter…

This is bizarro land, what are you taking about? You are the one trying to dictate the content of my posts, then you accuse me of limiting free speech? Are you ok?

This is a thread on TESLA, not a thread on how people personally feel about Elon Musk. If you want a thread on Elon, start one.

This is bizarro land, what are you taking about? You are the one trying to dictate the content of my posts, then you accuse me of limiting free speech? Are you ok?

This is a thread on TESLA, not a thread on how people personally feel about Elon Musk. If you want a thread on Elon, start one.
You are the one that stated you wouldn’t consider a Tesla because of what Musk has supposedly done in the last few years…so in fact YOU made it about Musk and not Tesla.

You are the one that stated you wouldn’t consider a Tesla because of what Musk has supposedly done in the last few years…so in fact YOU made it about Musk and not Tesla.

Ok, I get it. Apparently you are upset that I don't like Elon. Ok, but unless you want to start an Elon Musk thread, which I think is a very bad idea, just drop it. LOTS of people will never buy a Tesla because Elon, get over it.

Np. I don't like Elon because if what he has actually done. I prefer not to give him any of my money. That has relatively little to do with the merits of an ev in general or Tesla specifically.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveC and jeff1225
still know of no one who had to replace their battery in or out of warranty.
Yes I personally don't know of anyone. Here is a video (Rich Rebuilds) discussing the topic of battery fails and what to do. To me this is no different of when someone with an ICE car has a engine failure. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

From what i m told by the dealer ,
The BMW battery consists of many cells , so its just a matter of replacing the damaged one , no need to replace the whole battery .
Hmm hopefully that is the case. I have always thought when a batter fails it was never the entire battery, just certain cells. Either way the current Tesla battery repair is expensive.

If BMW can make this a simple and inexpensive repair that would be awesome!

8 years

How long do Teslas have warranty? All new Teslas have bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage for 4 years/50,000 miles and battery coverage for up to 8 years with varying mileage limits that depend on the model. Mileage limits can range from 100,000 miles, to 120,000 miles to 150,000 miles.

Tesla Warranty: Coverage and Exclusions (2023 Guide)

1700636343168.png
MarketWatch
https://www.marketwatch.com › ... › Car Warranty

Search for: How long are Tesla batteries guaranteed for?

What is the lifespan of a Tesla battery?

around 300,000 to 500,000 miles

In belgium 85 % of all new BMW cars are lease according to my dealer .
Normal lease contract is 5 years .

I estimate business at tesla being the same , so whats the worry ??
Besides go look on YT plenty of teslas with a lot of mileage
I agree. Like I said I think it is few and far between where people have battery issues.

8 years

How long do Teslas have warranty? All new Teslas have bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage for 4 years/50,000 miles and battery coverage for up to 8 years with varying mileage limits that depend on the model. Mileage limits can range from 100,000 miles, to 120,000 miles to 150,000 miles.

Tesla Warranty: Coverage and Exclusions (2023 Guide)

View attachment 120369
MarketWatch
https://www.marketwatch.com › ... › Car Warranty

Search for: How long are Tesla batteries guaranteed for?

What is the lifespan of a Tesla battery?

around 300,000 to 500,000 miles
I don't believe anyone is disputing the battery life. The question was asked if anyone knew of a battery replacement/failure. Again this is no different than an ICE car having an engine/transmission failure. It is not a common thing but it does happen.

I always say, anything made by man will fail at some point.

Speaking of BMW, my brother-in-law’s X3 engine needed replacing out of warranty. He was recently quoted C$30,000, which far exceeded the car’s value.

I don't believe anyone is disputing the battery life. The question was asked if anyone knew of a battery replacement/failure. Again this is no different than an ICE car having an engine/transmission failure. It is not a common thing but it does happen.

I m a technician i know all about it.
Even the earth itself will fail after 4,5 billion years lol :)

Speaking of BMW, my brother-in-law’s X3 engine needed replacing out of warranty. He was recently quoted C$30,000, which far exceeded the car’s value.
Oh yes this happens all the time. As the car gets older the value goes closer to zero. The engine cost keeps going up.

I have yet to know anyone who has had to replace the battery pack. The 12v battery in some models has been shown to fail when the car is not driven frequently or long enough and the 12. V battery doesn't charge from the battery pack and the 12v battery can fail.

Tesla says never to charge above 80 ( now 90%) and never let it fall below 20%. My son's model 3 has almost 90,000 miles. He almost always charges with 3-5% battery charge left and he was an initial buyer of the Model3 and received free lifetime supercharger from Tesla. They recommend against always charging via super charger as it is DC straight into the battery pack which also can cause the battery pack to fail. Well after almost 90,000 miles and charged several times per week there has not been one change in his battery pack. According to what is seen on his screen, his battery's health is perfect

Not a fan of Elon but now own 3 Teslas. Great cars but a very flawed human being. Plus, he has little to do with designing and building the cars.

Reactions: Gjo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu