For what it's Worth-Tesla

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
Just updated my Model X order to the new plaid version. Wow those look exciting. 1020 hp!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Just updated my Model X order to the new plaid version. Wow those look exciting.

What a monster that must be :eek:
Just forwarded this to my wife as her possible next vehicle :D

Reactions: gds7368

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Elon Musk is now the wealthiest person in the galaxy as he surpasses Jeff Bezos yesterday by over $80B in one day

Reactions: jeff1225

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Reactions: dan31 and Bruce B

Tim Link

Feb 12, 2019
What are people expecting of Tesla in the future? To warrant these stock prices Tesla needs to sell more eventually, or at least create more profits than the next 11 biggest car companies combined. Is that correct, or are there other reasons for a stock to be so valuable? Can a stock just be a collectible like rare baseball cards, with no expectation of underlying company performance? In that case the stock could remain highly valuable even if the company went under.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Well, they sell every car they make. In 2021 sales will be close to 1 million. The Austin and Berlin factories are going on line at the end of the year. They will be expanding into markets like India. The Cybertruck is coming as is the $25k car. The total EV market will continue to grow so Tesla as well as others will be selling more and more EVs. Is the stock price too high? Probably but the same was said about Amazon. How did that work out? Don’t forget energy storage, solar, etc. Time will tell. Of all the legacy OEMs, VW will do well too. If I were Land Rover, I would be very concerned about Rivian. MB and BMW would be worried not only about Tesla, but Lucid as well. Time will tell, but I would not bet against Elon.

Reactions: Tim Link

Tim Link

Feb 12, 2019
Well, they sell every car they make. In 2021 sales will be close to 1 million. The Austin and Berlin factories are going on line at the end of the year. They will be expanding into markets like India. The Cybertruck is coming as is the $25k car. The total EV market will continue to grow so Tesla as well as others will be selling more and more EVs. Is the stock price too high? Probably but the same was said about Amazon. How did that work out? Don’t forget energy storage, solar, etc. Time will tell. Of all the legacy OEMs, VW will do well too. If I were Land Rover, I would be very concerned about Rivian. MB and BMW would be worried not only about Tesla, but Lucid as well. Time will tell, but I would not bet against Elon.
Elon does have a good track record. If all the new electric car makers do well it suggests it might be a bigger industry than gas cars ever were. That's a lot of cars, and it worries me because even though electric are cleaner than gas it doesn't look like it's enough to solve environmental problems. I was hoping to see much smaller, lower powered, much more efficient vehicles, and a lot less driving on average. Watching all of this I remain a global warming fatalist. The coming generations need to get ready for it because it's obvious we're not serious yet, and it's way too late.

Tim Link

Feb 12, 2019
I think it is too late too, but we can still prevent it from being worse. I have been on a few ice sheets and have seen the effect myself. Humanity will have to adapt. I think we can.
True, it's never to late to do something. Who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing in the long run. The earth has been very warm before, and life thrived.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Being retired, I am ready to buy my last car. Since I drive very little now, an electric car would be perfect. On the other hand, they are way too expensive to just sit in the garage. However, the real deal breaker is, to my knowledge, there aren’t any electric cars with a manual transmission. Every car I have owned had a manual, and my last car will not break that record,

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Being retired, I am ready to buy my last car. Since I drive very little now, an electric car would be perfect. On the other hand, they are way too expensive to just sit in the garage. However, the real deal breaker is, to my knowledge, there aren’t any electric cars with a manual transmission. Every car I have owned had a manual, and my last car will not break that record,
There are no gears in an electric motor ...there is merely an accelerator which at full throttle is like a jet engine because there are no gears
Tesla has a double motor version and the Tesla Plaid is a Triple motor

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I guess but imagine if I came on here and ripped some speakers I have never heard just because a couple of guys on the web said they were crap.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Steve is correct. the Taycan does have a two gear box that is unique as far as I know In the EV world But I think that is automatic too. Take a test drive in any EV. I will take that instant acceleration over the clunky gear shifting any day. But, hey, that is just me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing