FTA (Final Touch Audio) Callisto USB cable

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I PM'ed you the other day
Apologies for any delays--all messages responded to on all platforms. This is my first day back in the office after being pretty sick... All good now though!

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Mr. Golum, may I ask what speaker cables you run into your Vienna speakers?
Hi;

Actually I'm running FTA Ganymede LS cables from my amps to Viennas.

Cheers;
Goran

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Interesting, I had thought the Ganymede was to connect the DAC to the Amp. I didn’t see speaker cable on the web page.
Entire line is called Ganymede from RCA, XLR and Speaker cable. Speaker cables are done as per order and hence not on the website.

Reactions: trinley

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Hahah - yes Fred can be like that, but reading the Steve W experience and knowing Lukasz F personally you're up to a something special with Horizon.

Reactions: CDC77

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Don’l know where to put this so I’ll just place it here:

Reactions: christoph

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida
I just re-acquired an FTA Calisto cable for my second system. It sounds good but not quite as I remember it previously. I am assuming it's broken-in, but does it need to settle down in mys system to sound it's best? Lucas Domensky told me never to judge cables as soon as you insert them into your system, even if they had been broken in previously.

Thanks.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
but does it need to settle down in mys system to sound it's best?

Yes. I've found the time needed varies, but expect a few days, or longer if it hasn't been used for awhile.

Reactions: ihmeyers

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I just re-acquired an FTA Calisto cable for my second system. It sounds good but not quite as I remember it previously. I am assuming it's broken-in, but does it need to settle down in mys system to sound it's best? Lucas Domensky told me never to judge cables as soon as you insert them into your system, even if they had been broken in previously.

Thanks.
Is it with the 5V line/trace or is it with the 5V line cut? Lampis sound better with the 5V line cut.

Reactions: ihmeyers

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida
I don't think it has the 5V line. See photo. I believe the ones with 5V lines are marked with a label on the jacket.

The first image is my cable. The second is what I found online for 5V FTA cables.

Attachments

• 4050887-f8d5dbaa-final-touch-audio-fta-usb-cable.jpg
    4050887-f8d5dbaa-final-touch-audio-fta-usb-cable.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 35
  • ucarecdn.audiogon.jpg
    ucarecdn.audiogon.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: wisnon

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
ORGANZATIONAL CHANGE ANNOUCEMENT

Effective immediately, Destination Sound Group (a/k/a/ LampizatOr North America) will be taking over global sales and distribution for all Final Touch Audio Products.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly for all purchases and sales related questions, regardless of territory.

We look forward to continuing to provide these fabulous cables in our portfolio of products.

Best,

Fred A.

1667574892746.png

Reactions: Phon@ix

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Where is the Destination Sound Group’s website? I’ve yet to find it.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Thanks. What led to my question was that a search for Destination Sound Group using DuckDuckGo in Safari on an iPad doesn’t turn up anything. I noticed that several weeks ago as well. Google seems to be a different story, at least now.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
https://dsgdistro.com/ from my Safari this link opens to dangerous sites, it re-links you to different places

https://dsgdistro.com/ from my Safari this link opens to dangerous sites, it re-links you to different places
I apologize for the technical issues. It was brought to my attention that Microsoft recently turned of TLS1.0 and 1.1 enabling it in windows under internet options/advanced settings makes it display properly again, but I will have to reach out to my provider and have them update the certs of whatever the issue is.

In the meantime if you re-enable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 (or view on cell phone) it should be working.

Fred

Reactions: Miki70

Miki70

Aug 17, 2018
Mérida, Yucatán. México
I apologize for the technical issues. It was brought to my attention that Microsoft recently turned of TLS1.0 and 1.1 enabling it in windows under internet options/advanced settings makes it display properly again, but I will have to reach out to my provider and have them update the certs of whatever the issue is.

In the meantime if you re-enable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 (or view on cell phone) it should be working.

Fred
Thanks for the clarification, i was going 007 mode here... uuuff !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing