Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
Please forgive me my masters, I am just your loyal serpent. Long live audio!

A good read - thanks Billy - hyperbole with tongue firmly planted in cheek - great stuff.

As the "loyal serpent" - have you tempted Stavros with forbidden fruit since your arrival :D:D

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Quite an amazing system-the Contendo 2s. Not yet entirely tweaked but their potential is only limited by Stavros drive. They are built with the intent to match a room and its royal occupant. And although the Holy Grail is an elusive target, meant only for the Gods, he is fraught with sins of human frailty. Stavros guided by Apollo, has been working overtime to create-a true world’s best.. We tell him given that he is on a mission from God and driven by my positive comments about the Whamm, he must beware the witches, monsters, and the ambivalent beasts of man and ego. He has slim chances of survival and succeeding his holy journey. But we support him in this brave quest.
We listened for hours and hope sprang eternal.Despite being in the over damped research room, the monster Contendos made scary ambience, spatial accuracy, and massive dynamic range which starts at 20hz with horn loaded woofers was simply beyond this earthly audiophile to comprehend. God supports all that is holy, particularly sound physics.
We dare gaze upon blinding monsters again tomorrow feeding only sublime analogue hoping for just a glimpse of the magnificent audio speakers. Praying that they may slay the mighty Wamms and The Living Vox Palladian May their reign be toppled by a greater master.
Since it’s a mission from a God, I think it might be ok to take literary license with Hyperbole. Please forgive me my masters, I am just your loyal serpent. Long live audio!

Man you must have been really jet lagged! My first impressions are that they are too expensive and I don’t like that one bit. Can’t afford them so I hate them.

Reactions: lordcloud

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
0FD1BA93-5B08-4080-93DC-41B3C8ECAF66.jpeg

Attachments

• 33EF91B2-BE50-4CF8-B699-31660A721800.jpeg
    33EF91B2-BE50-4CF8-B699-31660A721800.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
Reactions: Narayan

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Where are y’all?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Wow! Exciting! Have fun!

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Doing it a bit tough at work! Yum those food shots look absolutely delish!

Reactions: bonzo75 and flyer

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
Those pics look amazing! If for nothing else, the food!

Reactions: wisnon

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
Billy thanks for your reply, when you descend from mount Olympus some of us mere mortals would love to read your thoughts regarding the WAMM and how it compares to the Contendo, if I were able to listen to any of those speakers I´d probably develop a full blown Stendhal Syndrome on the spot!

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Those pics look amazing! If for nothing else, the food!

All lot to report and lots of photos to go with it. Food pictures are to tide you over until we get back to the states

Reactions: lordcloud

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Can't wait Joshua. I wish I was there, damb. This summer for my little trip over, hopefully with Brad. Plus Munich Hi-End of course.

Interesting on Billy's comment re overdamped room. I wonder if getting a test environment damped to the right level is key to testing a speaker. How it interacts with the environment. I think the acoustic panels are all movable. So Stavros can go more 'live' if he wants. I bet you could spend months changing the room interactions alone.

Big bass horns, I can only imagine that. I wonder how it plays bass? I trust be different to cones, more sped, faster transients. So say a Stanley Clarke track with some nice fretted bass line, that would be amazing on a big bass horn I bet. And Organ music, or Reggae....

With my Kassandra and Genus system with Zingali horns, I too have fitted a cork wall with 10mm and 3mm panels alliterating down the whole wall facing my speakers. I seems to be a good move in my case. I have a tiled floor over thick concrete, with a central Indian rug centred in the soundstage.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing