Furutech Pure Power 6E NCF

rpk

Aug 30, 2020
Germany
Hallo, it's Saturday 10 o'clock in the morning in Europe and for the Nth time I'm reading your impressions of the PP6ENCF distributor, except that today I'm seriously considering it to replace my TP609 NCF, which does a great a job in my system. :) Did you compare the 609 with the PP6 at the time, or you just went straight for the PP6? I'm wondering what sort of upgrade I would be getting buying the PP6... Do you really believe it's an upgrade as huge as to forgive less than top-of-the-line Furu power cords? I'm currrently using non-NCF Nanoflux for my custom-made tube amplifier and DPS-4.1 for the CD player (Metronome CD8 S). The cord feeding the power distributor is a local product. Generally speaking, I'm a great believer in investing in power supply - from my experience, it provides a huge improvement in terms of SQ, at least as much as individual components (or more!). For the price of this power distributor, I would be able to upgrade my power cords though...
Hello Piotr,

I think it is worth getting to know the PP6 and comparing it.

I had it in use for two weeks and YES: The PP6 has its own standard!

The PP6 can do a lot: it presents very broadly in the sense of all-encompassing, precise and with authority. The heading - AUTHORITY - I would like to certify the PP6 for all positive audio performance impressions.

My individual goal was to compare it to my unique power strip in the star-wired, silver solid core, Schuko (EU Version) Rh NCF and Schuko gold-plated design. Input IEC again individually selected via gold-plated, Rh and RH NCF. The individual tapping via gold-plated or Rh NCF was compared over weeks / months and finally delivered my suitable result, ultimately 3 x gold-plated and 3 x Rh NCF are installed. In addition, of course, the setting, also here was compared over weeks (time is not my problem).

Ultimately, my unique product remained more advantageous for me (but there is also a lot of detailed work behind it) and if I did not know my power strip, the solution would be PP6.

What was interesting about the PP6 for me was that, despite its weight of over 10 kg, the PP6 reacts sensitively to the setup. So just setting it up is not enough here either, the PP6 presented differently using only standard spikes, spikes plus plates, then on slate, wooden bases, my favorite remained granite.

The following was heard in each case:

Entrance silver solid core with OYAIDE F1 + M1

Output: Nanoflux normal (FI 50 Rh changed to FI 50 Rh NCF)

+ Nanoflux NCF

+ DPS 4.1 with FI 50 Rh NCF

Although the PP6 was the demonstration model from the friendly dealer, it had to be re „burnt in“ 24 hours a day until a stable result was achieved.

Please consider at least 10 days as a suggestion for your own impression of PP6 and I think the project will definitely be interesting.

Rainer wishes further impressive audio performance

Reactions: Piotr_905

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
Hi there, to answer your question, and perhaps raising a few for you. Yes, I compared the PP6ENCF with the TP609NCF. And I am sorry to tell you that the Pure Power just shamed the 609. The pure power provides a cleaner view on music, sound becomes much more real. It is like removing a grey layer which you didn't notice before. Everything you plug into it, is improved. However, I do not know what the influence of other (than top Nanoflux NCF) power cables is. I heard the 4.1 at home and was not that impressed. But it IS a personal thing. For some people the Pure Power in combination with the Nanoflux NCF's is too much of a good thing. I like a highly transparent sound, but that is just me. The sound at my place is free from noise but also free from tuning-warmth, provided by other cables. It is nót a cold sound! Just realistic (whatever that means). My advice is..... maybe to switch the cord feeding the power distributor first. Just to see what that does. For an organic, full sound I can recommend Elrod cables (2 friends of mine have their Pure Power block (yes, they also could not resist from buying one after hearing its influence on sound) fed by a Elrod Master Diamond power cable. I chose for Nanoflux NCFs for all power cables. But I have Elrod Master Diamond loudspeaker cables and will try the interlink soon. Good luck with your experiments. And remember... everything is subjective. The only way to find out what and object does to a subject (you) is to try it out yourself ;).
Thank you so much for such a detailed answer, I really appreciate it! I guess I will just have to try it out in my system, but I suspect (or fear, I should say), I will have to keep it once I hear it :) Of course, there's also a matter of cost/value, but so far all the investments I have made in power pay back nicely. A few years ago I would have never believed how big an impact power cords, distributors etc can have on the sound quality. I'll have a loom at Elrod, too, but I'm nt sure they are available where I live.. Once again, many thanks!! And I'll report back once I get hold of PP6 :)

Reactions: nirodha

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
Hello Piotr,

I think it is worth getting to know the PP6 and comparing it.

I had it in use for two weeks and YES: The PP6 has its own standard!

The PP6 can do a lot: it presents very broadly in the sense of all-encompassing, precise and with authority. The heading - AUTHORITY - I would like to certify the PP6 for all positive audio performance impressions.

My individual goal was to compare it to my unique power strip in the star-wired, silver solid core, Schuko (EU Version) Rh NCF and Schuko gold-plated design. Input IEC again individually selected via gold-plated, Rh and RH NCF. The individual tapping via gold-plated or Rh NCF was compared over weeks / months and finally delivered my suitable result, ultimately 3 x gold-plated and 3 x Rh NCF are installed. In addition, of course, the setting, also here was compared over weeks (time is not my problem).

Ultimately, my unique product remained more advantageous for me (but there is also a lot of detailed work behind it) and if I did not know my power strip, the solution would be PP6.

What was interesting about the PP6 for me was that, despite its weight of over 10 kg, the PP6 reacts sensitively to the setup. So just setting it up is not enough here either, the PP6 presented differently using only standard spikes, spikes plus plates, then on slate, wooden bases, my favorite remained granite.

The following was heard in each case:

Entrance silver solid core with OYAIDE F1 + M1

Output: Nanoflux normal (FI 50 Rh changed to FI 50 Rh NCF)

+ Nanoflux NCF

+ DPS 4.1 with FI 50 Rh NCF

Although the PP6 was the demonstration model from the friendly dealer, it had to be re „burnt in“ 24 hours a day until a stable result was achieved.

Please consider at least 10 days as a suggestion for your own impression of PP6 and I think the project will definitely be interesting.

Rainer wishes further impressive audio performance
Thank you so much for your answer, I really appreciate it :) I will give the PP6 a try and report back. I know Furutech products take time to sound their best, so I'm not going to make any hasty judgements :)

Reactions: nirodha

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hi there, to answer your question, and perhaps raising a few for you. Yes, I compared the PP6ENCF with the TP609NCF. And I am sorry to tell you that the Pure Power just shamed the 609. The pure power provides a cleaner view on music, sound becomes much more real. It is like removing a grey layer which you didn't notice before. Everything you plug into it, is improved. However, I do not know what the influence of other (than top Nanoflux NCF) power cables is. I heard the 4.1 at home and was not that impressed. But it IS a personal thing. For some people the Pure Power in combination with the Nanoflux NCF's is too much of a good thing. I like a highly transparent sound, but that is just me. The sound at my place is free from noise but also free from tuning-warmth, provided by other cables. It is nót a cold sound! Just realistic (whatever that means). My advice is..... maybe to switch the cord feeding the power distributor first. Just to see what that does. For an organic, full sound I can recommend Elrod cables (2 friends of mine have their Pure Power block (yes, they also could not resist from buying one after hearing its influence on sound) fed by a Elrod Master Diamond power cable. I chose for Nanoflux NCFs for all power cables. But I have Elrod Master Diamond loudspeaker cables and will try the interlink soon. Good luck with your experiments. And remember... everything is subjective. The only way to find out what and object does to a subject (you) is to try it out yourself ;).
Furutech has wrote this :
Pure Transmission Grounding/Earthing Post
The three duplex receptacles are not wired to incoming ground; they “float” electrically. The green ground wire from the incoming IEC fitting is tightly fixed to the chassis at the bottom of the center chamber before it’s filled with GC-303, which further isolates the noisy ground. To ensure your safety the Power 6 must be grounded at its Grounding/Earthing Post located near the input IEC.

Question :
How do connect the Power 6 to its Grounding/Earthing Post located near the input IEC ?

Thanks

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hi there,
I have not grounded the pure power; nor have any of my friends. Maybe I will have a look at this in the future but I do not regard it as a priority. For now I am just listening a lot of music and eagerly awaiting my final two Project V1''s end of June :D.

Reactions: Piotr_905

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hi there,
I have not grounded the pure power; nor have any of my friends. Maybe I will have a look at this in the future but I do not regard it as a priority. For now I am just listening a lot of music and eagerly awaiting my final two Project V1''s end of June :D.
No seriously....Project V1 ??? and two ??? I am waiting for my Power Pure 6E NCF...I hope I wll not dissapointed....Isotek Nova GII VS Furutech Pure Power 6 NCF....

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
No seriously....Project V1 ??? and two ??? I am waiting for my Power Pure 6E NCF...I hope I wll not dissapointed....Isotek Nova GII VS Furutech Pure Power 6 NCF....
The pure power 6E NCF is awesome. Give it some time to break in. I have got one V1 from the wall to the pure power. The next two will go to the Humboldt amp and the Nagra CD player. The sound will be out of this world:D. Good luck comparing the Isotek to the PP:)

rpk

Aug 30, 2020
Germany

Furutech has wrote this :
Pure Transmission Grounding/Earthing Post
The three duplex receptacles are not wired to incoming ground; they “float” electrically. The green ground wire from the incoming IEC fitting is tightly fixed to the chassis at the bottom of the center chamber before it’s filled with GC-303, which further isolates the noisy ground. To ensure your safety the Power 6 must be grounded at its Grounding/Earthing Post located near the input IEC.

Question :
How do connect the Power 6 to its Grounding/Earthing Post located near the input IEC ?

Thanks
.....To ensure your safety the Power 6 must be grounded at its Grounding/Earthing Post located near the input IEC.....

Hello Hongkongfoufou,
I can't explain this information either, because:
A screenshot 1 shows earth on housing as listed in the product description.
B screenshot 2 shows earth green/yellow at the respective socket outlet
C screenshot 3 shows PP6 product description without the grounding reference...

No additional information can be found on the manufacturer's page audio replas either.
Manufacturer:
https://www.audio-replas.com/html_eng/Power tap1.htm

Checking yourself can confirm that the earth is present = A commercially available voltmeter with ohm measurement checks the correct connection of IEC earth to plug earth. An effort of only 10 seconds.....

My tip for the PP6: Further individual set-up variants for the series set-up via the series spikes on the four series plates can possibly achieve a more suitable audio result. Like series spikes without plates on base, marble, slate, wood.....
After the PP6 has been played in, it may make sense to try out other set-up versions. Experiment creates knowledge.......
And the PP6 is a fine piece, I congratulate you on your choice.
Best wishes Rainer

Attachments

• 1 incoming earth ex IEC connected.PNG
    1 incoming earth ex IEC connected.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
  • 2 earth green yellow to plug.PNG
    2 earth green yellow to plug.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • 1-010.jpg
    1-010.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: hongkongfoufou

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
.....To ensure your safety the Power 6 must be grounded at its Grounding/Earthing Post located near the input IEC.....

Hello Hongkongfoufou,

No additional information can be found on the manufacturer's page audio replas either.
Manufacturer:

Checking yourself can confirm that the earth is present = A commercially available voltmeter with ohm measurement checks the correct connection of IEC earth to plug earth. An effort of only 10 seconds.....

My tip for the PP6: Further individual set-up variants for the series set-up via the series spikes on the four series plates can possibly achieve a more suitable audio result. Like series spikes without plates on base, marble, slate, wood.....
After the PP6 has been played in, it may make sense to try out other set-up versions. Experiment creates knowledge.......
Best wishes Rainer
Hello Rainer,

Thank you for the photos and the explications.

I have contact Furutech.

So, wait and see.

Best regards

Thanh-Binh

Reactions: shakti

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
The pure power 6E NCF is awesome. Give it some time to break in. I have got one V1 from the wall to the pure power. The next two will go to the Humboldt amp and the Nagra CD player. The sound will be out of this world:D. Good luck comparing the Isotek to the PP:)
Thanks....
See next week...this match...

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018

Hello Hongkongfoufou,

Manufacturer:

Best wishes Rainer
Hello all,

This is the answer from Furutech.
The manual advises that Pure Power 6E NCF should be connected to ground. There is a ground wire and ground terminal on the unit and this wire should be connected to your home grounding (earth) wire or some other grounded (earthed) object in the home, like an audio system rack.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hi,
there was no groundwire in the box. And I still do not see the point: the cable from the wall to the PP is grounded itself:rolleyes:

Reactions: rpk

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
...I would not consider the audio rack to be earth-ground---unless it was explicitly connected to the earth ground at the wall by a wire/conductor.

Also, perhaps the device is NOT actually grounded (earth grounded) via the provided (or aftermarket) cable. Just because it has a three-pronged plug doesn't mean it is grounded as usually expected. Some components have isolated chassis assemblies, and the internal wire from the IEC fixture is not connected.

You may want to confirm all that, if they're explicitly stating "...to ensure your safety..."

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hi,
there was no groundwire in the box. And I still do not see the point: the cable from the wall to the PP is grounded itself:rolleyes:
I agree with you...

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
Just FYI:
"The three duplex receptacles are not wired to incoming ground; they “float” electrically. The green ground wire from the incoming IEC fitting is tightly fixed to the chassis at the bottom of the center chamber before it’s filled with GC-303, which further isolates the noisy ground. To ensure your safety the Power 6 must be grounded at its Grounding/Earthing Post located near the input IEC."

Reactions: hongkongfoufou

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I have received my Furutech Pure Power.
It's new and the sound with is incredible....

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
I have received my Furutech Pure Power.
It's new and the sound with is incredible....
Give it a month of continuous use and you will be even more impressed. It will loosen up and then show its real quality. The PP is simply the Top. Congrats!:)

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I have connected the Furutech Pure Power 6E NCF.
It is incredible.
It smoked (sorry) my Isotek Nova GII and my Nova GII is connected to the Isotek Titan Evo 3.
Its is very expensive, but I have changed my system now...

The sound image is larger.
The right speaker is further to the right.
The left speaker is further to the left.
The voice or voices remain well positioned.
I hear more detail.
The phrasing of the voices is much more distinct...without straining the ear.
I added only one Furutech NCF Clear Line to the Furutech Pure Power 6E NCF. The sound seems to me more spaced out.
In any case, the instruments are more real. Vocals are better controlled.
With CD, the sound seems to be very soft...

The Jeff Rowland Model 625 is always connected to the Isotek Titan Evo 3.

For the moment, there are 5 sources connected to the Furutech Pure Power 6E NCF.

Reactions: nirodha and rpk

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
It is incredible.
It smoked (sorry) my Isotek Nova GII and my Nova GII is connected to the Isotek Titan Evo 3.

I hear more detail.
I added only one Furutech NCF Clear Line to the Furutech Pure Power 6E NCF. The sound seems to me more spaced out.

For the moment, there are 5 sources connected to the Furutech Pure Power 6E NCF.
Enjoy pure music :)!

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
It is incredible.

I hear more detail.

Congratulations on your purchase! I want to replace my tp609 NCF distriburtor with PP one day, but I'm still saving for it :) One day...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing