Fuse and Cable Directionality

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
Why are audiophiles the only ones who subscribe to the idea of wire directionality and not the industry at large? Do they know something that pro audio and consumer electronics doesn’t? Even most audiophile cables aren’t controlled for directionality. Nor are most audiophile fuses. Wassup with that?

Last edited:

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
the USB-C connector has directionality - please, please, never ever make a DAC with UB-C input......

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
ST Optical and TOSLINK cables are directional - why is the Meitner family the last to know this?

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
Why Ray Kimber does not check and label his TC line of cables (4, 8, 12) and educate all his distributors/dealers accordingly?

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
Why Ray Kimber does not check and label his TC line of cables (4, 8, 12) and educate all his distributors/dealers accordingly?
If I’m not mistaken Kimber is one of only a handful of high end companies that don’t employ cryogenic treatment or control cables for directionality. Did he not get the memo? Side note: Wow, it looks like AudioQuest is finally getting into the cryo game. That’s a shocker. The last holdout capitulated.

Last edited:

SeagoatLeo

Feb 23, 2015
Audiophile Fuses | What's Best Audio and Video Forum. The Best High End Audio Forum on the planet! (whatsbestforum.com) Has an uneducated audiophile who posted nonsense that all fuses are non-directional and not up for debate.

I own high end equipment as do friends of mine, several other best friends are electronic and cable manufacturers, remastering engineers and record reviewers. We all know that fuses can be highly directional, just as much as non-polarized power plugs were on older equipment (where one direction plug in could sound very different from the reverse and often did). This was especially true with my ten years using Synergistic Research, now only using treated Acme fuses. By denying all directionality (it may not always be true for all fuses as we haven't tried all fuses) that poster on that thread sounds more like Audio Science Review members and owner. Ridiculous to deny just as it is ridiculous to state that all cables sound the same if they test the same. We don't know why fuses are generally directional in mid to high end audio equipment but it is.

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
non-polarized power plugs were (highly directional) on older equipment (where one direction plug in could sound very different from the reverse and often did).
Are you referring to two-prong power plugs?

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I
Audiophile Fuses | What's Best Audio and Video Forum. The Best High End Audio Forum on the planet! (whatsbestforum.com) Has an uneducated audiophile who posted nonsense that all fuses are non-directional and not up for debate.

I own high end equipment as do friends of mine, several other best friends are electronic and cable manufacturers, remastering engineers and record reviewers. We all know that fuses can be highly directional, just as much as non-polarized power plugs were on older equipment (where one direction plug in could sound very different from the reverse and often did). This was especially true with my ten years using Synergistic Research, now only using treated Acme fuses. By denying all directionality (it may not always be true for all fuses as we haven't tried all fuses) that poster on that thread sounds more like Audio Science Review members and owner. Ridiculous to deny just as it is ridiculous to state that all cables sound the same if they test the same. We don't know why fuses are generally directional in mid to high end audio equipment but it is.

I agree. I don’t know how one can have a discussion of fuses without when necessary speaking to direction, skeptics and other disrupters aside. At the same time, I’m not sure how far a direction-only discussion can go. But let’s make the best of it…

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
Last edited:

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
Is the current to your speakers A/C? Is A/C directional ? If the fuse is between the cable doesn't the current move in both directions.
That’s what we call a logical fallacy. Claiming that a fuse or wire cannot be directional in an AC circuit. Besides all audio cables are AC, so is power cord obviously. Also, a fuse is attached to one of the 2 wires in the AC circuit, not “between the cable,” although I confess I’m not 100% what you meant by that phrase.

Last edited:

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
You mean i dont have a good/ revealing system enough , because i cant hear a difference .
No. I mean that you should not waste money for show.

As an example, CJ’s CEO once told me that his designs were not very cable sensitive.

We have to listen for ourselves and make only those changes that matter in our situation.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

racerxnet

Apr 30, 2014
That’s what we call a logical fallacy. Claiming that a fuse or wire cannot be directional in an AC circuit. Besides all audio cables are AC, so is power cord obviously. Also, a fuse is attached to one of the 2 wires in the AC circuit, not “between the cable.”
You get the point. So some asshat spends big bucks and claims he can hear angels singing on a pin head due to a fuse. Great.

Republicoftexas69

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing