FYI: Lessloss Blackground Power Base - a filter for atmospheric radiation noise

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
Maybe out of phase? I've had no such problems with LessLoss speaker cable, even straight out of the box. True they go from OK to muddy, to bright etc but after about 48 hrs they are fine.
Also, and this may be a clue, I noticed REL subwoofer phase had to be changed. As for the phase of the speakers, I thought I carefully wired the speakers keeping red, black & directionality in mind. Phase is just that, correct? Sounds to you like I may have missed something?

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
Also, and this may be a clue, I noticed REL subwoofer phase had to be changed. As for the phase of the speakers, I thought I carefully wired the speakers keeping red, black & directionality in mind. Phase is just that, correct? Sounds to you like I may have missed something?
I'm at work now so I'm unable to check.

AudioBear

Apr 29, 2015
Yes by phase I did mean the keeping red, black connections the same for both speakers. There are test CD's /downloads you can use to test this.

AudioBear

Apr 29, 2015
I have always found out of phase sounds diffuse with less bass, but the effects can vary.

DeYoung

VIP/Donor
Feb 20, 2019
KY
MacF...
I have to agree with AB..Your experience seems to be out of step with my initial reactions, too. I experienced some break-in delay but after a short time they really opened up. I never noticed any diminished center focus or imaging: to the contrary the LL seemed to have more mid-range detail and then settled down to what i have now, which is very harmonically rich and multilayered.

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
MacF...
I have to agree with AB..Your experience seems to be out of step with my initial reactions, too. I experienced some break-in delay but after a short time they really opened up. I never noticed any diminished center focus or imaging: to the contrary the LL seemed to have more mid-range detail and then settled down to what i have now, which is very harmonically rich and multilayered.
Those are the very same characteristics I'm hoping for. I was in a hurry to hook up & must've missed something. Room was fairly dark & rear panel of Gold Note difficult to access. I'll share once I get it sorted out. Thanks!

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
In my haste to connect the new LessLess Entropic speaker cables as soon as they arrived, I inadvertently swapped the left channel red & black leads on the amplifier end causing the aforementioned phase issues.

I’m now hearing the lovely, balanced & highly nuanced characteristics I was hoping for…and much, much more. The beautifully crafted, highly flexible LL speaker cables are more resolving than the 3x more expensive wire they replace.

The crazy amount of detail hit me first. Shimmering detail. Nothing harsh about it. Bass is fast, taught & musical. Transients to die for. Head-turning attacks & decays that float away into inky black darkness.

Without drawing attention to any one strength, this speaker cable does everything well. However, in my opinion, the cable’s ability to reproduce vocals has to be one of its most impressive and appealing calling cards.

This is the stuff that “end game“ speaker cable is made of & one that deserves serious consideration no matter the budget. More impressions in few more days.

MacF

Reactions: DeYoung

AudioBear

Apr 29, 2015
Mack, glad you resolved your problem and are now back listening to music! They are great speaker cables :)

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
AB,

Yes, they are wonderful cables! I'm sure they will settle in even more over the next few days. In concert with the Stellar PC's, 640x's, Firewalls for Speakers, Power Base & Speaker Base, the sound is simply gorgeous!

Thanks for checking in!

Mac

Reactions: DeYoung

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing