FYI - Modwright Analog Bridge - New High End Tube Buffer for Solid State Digital Devices

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
Im hoping somebody has purchased the Modwright Anallog Bridge and could tell us more. The above review is great I’m presently trying a Nelson Pass H2 harmonic generator between MSB DAC and Pass Labs mono blocks. It adds second harmonics which saturates the mids, softens the tops and lessens the low bass. Improvement in some areas at volumes up to 72dB. At higher volume mids overpower accuracy . I enjoy the H2 from 48 to 70dB without disturbing the neighbours. My preference was high volume with rock and blues but as my system gradually improved I needed less dB. But I still needed about 75 dB running DAC direct to power amp . Now I’m satisfied with even lower volume. As is usual with us folk we want something a little better. In this case a similar something that would do all the above add a little splash , not reduce the low bass and be capable of playing louder to rock out . Enter the Modwright Analog Bridge or maybe not. Any impressions?

modwright

Industry Expert
Nov 2, 2017
WA ST
www.modwright.com
Im hoping somebody has purchased the Modwright Anallog Bridge and could tell us more. The above review is great I’m presently trying a Nelson Pass H2 harmonic generator between MSB DAC and Pass Labs mono blocks. It adds second harmonics which saturates the mids, softens the tops and lessens the low bass. Improvement in some areas at volumes up to 72dB. At higher volume mids overpower accuracy . I enjoy the H2 from 48 to 70dB without disturbing the neighbours. My preference was high volume with rock and blues but as my system gradually improved I needed less dB. But I still needed about 75 dB running DAC direct to power amp . Now I’m satisfied with even lower volume. As is usual with us folk we want something a little better. In this case a similar something that would do all the above add a little splash , not reduce the low bass and be capable of playing louder to rock out . Enter the Modwright Analog Bridge or maybe not. Any impressions?
First of all, I am sorry for just now seeing this post. I have not been spending enough time on these forums and am just getting caught up now! Please contact me, regarding the Analog Bridge. Positive Feedback Online gave it an award and a number of people, with SS systems, have added the Analog Bridge and been extremely happy! It does add the 3-D soundstage and holographic imaging that only tubes can. It also 'does no harm' to the signal path, most importantly, with THD < .003% and BW flat to 150Khz, it measures very well!

Reactions: Cellcbern

otisbass

Feb 9, 2024
UK
First of all, I am sorry for just now seeing this post. I have not been spending enough time on these forums and am just getting caught up now! Please contact me, regarding the Analog Bridge. Positive Feedback Online gave it an award and a number of people, with SS systems, have added the Analog Bridge and been extremely happy! It does add the 3-D soundstage and holographic imaging that only tubes can. It also 'does no harm' to the signal path, most importantly, with THD < .003% and BW flat to 150Khz, it measures very well!
Hi - I'm also looking at your Analog Bridge. I've a Lumin streamer feeding a Nagra Classic DAC into ATC solid state amplification. It sounds great but I do miss a bit of tube character especially for intimate jazz and chamber music. It looks like the Bridge could be ideal for me but I do wonder whether I'd be better to bite the bullet and go for your KWH225i

Reactions: modwright

modwright

Industry Expert
Nov 2, 2017
WA ST
www.modwright.com
Hi - I'm also looking at your Analog Bridge. I've a Lumin streamer feeding a Nagra Classic DAC into ATC solid state amplification. It sounds great but I do miss a bit of tube character especially for intimate jazz and chamber music. It looks like the Bridge could be ideal for me but I do wonder whether I'd be better to bite the bullet and go for your KWH225i
I am certain that the Analog Bridge would take your system right where you want it to. It is best used in all SS systems, like yours. It is extremely quiet, very low distortion (THD < .005%) and frequency response that is -1dB at 150Khz. It doesn't harm the signal in any way, and does add the 3-dimensional quality of tubes, body and a much broader and deeper soundstage.
I am afraid that I don't have enough experience with the ATC SS amp. The KWH 225i would certainly also take you where you want to go, with high current reserves, plenty of power and the addition of tube qualities that you want for your entire system. Elite Audio is our UK distributor. Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing