Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
All our meats are flown in from Chicago LOL

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Having recently returned from a road trip where we installed some mono blcks and took a pair in trade I have had a few quiet days with nice weather to relax and work on my system. I have been thrilled with the sound I am getting form the Marquis and with some peace and quiet I have finally had the chance to finish my set up. These speakers are just working so well in my room right now that I am astonished. Oliver has built a reference grade speaker for real world size rooms that are beautifully made, IMHO very nice looking, have an amazing fit and finish which again IMHO is second to none, efficient, play loud as hell if you like, are dynamic and sound like.... well you need to hear them

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-06-11 14.20.42.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-06-11 14.20.57.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-06-11 14.21.08.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-06-11 14.21.20.jpg

Reactions: howiebrou

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
WorldwideAudioFest_JoinUS (002).jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-06-18 10.42.36.jpg

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Seems to me you are also ready for one great barbecue;):cool:
During the Pandemic I grill everyday and I am getting quite good at it. I make some incredible filet Mignons and my special bending Wave Burgers.
Only the best when listening to one amazing pair of speakers :)

Reactions: Golum

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The Noblesse looks great in white! May be I should.......:p
Howie, I have on display the Marquis in white. I love the way they look. I am personally kind of tired of black even though they are magnificently finished I wanted something different.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
So after almost 6 weeks with the Marquis speakers in my sound room and still virtually shut down from the virus I have had more time than ever to do adjustments and listen extensively to the system. I have had a few visitors and a couple of clients in to listen and they are all blown away. I think I can honesty say that I have in this room now the best sounding system I have ever had in my lifetime. I am not saying the Marquis is a better speaker than the Noblesse or the Aeon Reference but it works so well in my room that it is just astonishing. It does all the things I like. Its dynamic, has incredible transients and it pays really loud when needed. I am a sucker for bass detail and transparency throughout the entire musical spectrum. I can say that very few speakers can do this. Many speakers just don't resolve the same from top to bottom and it is vey evident to my ears. Some of the most widely talked about and respected speakers have these issues yet people love them so be it. I had a manufacturer of high end products here about 10 days ago and we listened for a few hours and his first comment when finished was WOW! the music sounds like its one. I knew exactly what he was trying to say and I smiled and said yes it does. The music just comes to you the speaker does what the bending wave technology does it arrives to your ears without phase issues. It just sounds like everything is where it is supposed to be. I have been listening extensively over the last ten to 14 days to everything and I mean everything. Classical large and small, Opera, Rock, Blues, Country and much more Jazz than I ever did before and my opinion is damn it all sounds so damn great. I am adding items to my list but I ll mention a few here that I have discovered and love. These are in particular order but they sound SMASHING!

Bozzio Levin Stevens- Black Light Syndrome- Duende - this is a Terry Bozzio master class on how to play rhythmic drums and it is not at all what you would expect form Frank Zappa's drummer King Crimson and Perter Gabriel's Bass player and Billy Idol's lead guitarist. Album is all good

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels with Lucinda Williams- Unsuffer Me- this is a very complex cut that I am not sure how to describe but the thing is hypnotic and sounds so gooooooooooooooooooood. The whole record is great

Feste Romano- Lorin Maazel/ Cleveland - one of the pieces HP used to play for me and its a favorite

Eric Church- Mr. Misunderstood- Three Year Old and Round here buzz- I have become a huge fan of his I think he writes like Bruce Springsteen but from a country place.

Kacey Musgraves- Golden Hour- Rainbow- this is usually my last song to play- softly as she has trhe voice of an Angel

Its a hard time to get the speakers out for people to hear with quarantine. no shows and lockdown but I am going to do whatever I can once we have the ability to do some more travel and get them in front of some potential dealers as not everyone wants to come to Florida
BUT IT IS FUCKING WORTH THE TRIP!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
For the few of you that are lucky enough to have a Divin series loudspeaker whether the Noblesse or the Marquis I have some advice in setting them up. To get the maximum out of the speakers its extremely important to get the alignment of the AMT correct. I spent the last few days with a laser and measured both of my speakers to not only get the Marquis at exactly the same height ( adjusting the feet) and after that making sure the tweeters are at the same level in relation to my ear level. with the Marquis in my room that means raising the back feet slightly . Playing with this alignment really was the final little adjustment that just pushed me over the edge. It sounds like nothing but its not.
I've been listening to them a few hours a day ( COVID=free time) and exploring my music collection and Qobuz new releases. I love finding new music and rediscovering some oldies I had forgotten about.

and like some other famous speaker manufacturers I also am using CH M1.1 amp. Just saying LOL

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
For the few of you that are lucky enough to have a Divin series loudspeaker whether the Noblesse or the Marquis I have some advice in setting them up. To get the maximum out of the speakers its extremely important to get the alignment of the AMT correct. I spent the last few days with a laser and measured both of my speakers to not only get the Marquis at exactly the same height ( adjusting the feet) and after that making sure the tweeters are at the same level in relation to my ear level. with the Marquis in my room that means raising the back feet slightly . Playing with this alignment really was the final little adjustment that just pushed me over the edge. It sounds like nothing but its not.
I've been listening to them a few hours a day ( COVID=free time) and exploring my music collection and Qobuz new releases. I love finding new music and rediscovering some oldies I had forgotten about.

and like some other famous speaker manufacturers I also am using CH M1.1 amp. Just saying LOL

Elliot, thank you for the tip. So should the AMT face be perpendicular to the line drawn to your ears? Do you measure the height of the AMT to the middle and match that with the height of your ears? Thanks.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Elliot, thank you for the tip. So should the AMT face be perpendicular to the line drawn to your ears? Do you measure the height of the AMT to the middle and match that with the height of your ears? Thanks.
you want to get the tweeters at ear level yes.
You would like to have the speakers the same distance away from your seat, since the speaker is not a square or a cube. I would first get them level and then measure the top of each speaker front to the listening position. Measure this to a single point so they are both the same. Once you have positioned them the proper distance in the room then I suggest measuring your ear height sitting in you chair, then you can raise the front of the Noblesse to the proper height. The toe in then will be very easy as you will be able to instantly hear the differences of a few MM . Then when done just double check that your distances are as close to identical as possible.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Elliot, what is the size of the room you have the Marquis in? BTW they look great.
Al my room is 10 foot ceilings by 16 wide by 23.3 feet long .
Come listen I think you will enjoy them. :)

Al Stewart

May 14, 2017
Elliot, thanks for responding and the invitation. I heard your setup at AXPONA. Terrific.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Elliot, thanks for responding and the invitation. I heard your setup at AXPONA. Terrific.
Thanks but sadly there wont be any Axpona's for a while. It wont be in April 2021 maybe later in the winter if we are lucky. The Marquis truly is a speaker that many more can afford and seriously fit in normal size rooms. I just did an install in a room a little smaller than mine yesterday and they were fantastic. The owner was thrilled and blown away by how much better right out of the flight cases than he old BRAND name speakers.
Not having shows this year really slowed down our plans but we will get over them it just takes more time.
Stay well

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing