Göbel Divin Marquis

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The speakers have about 45 hours on them. I still have them on the sliders however I believe they are in the right spot in my room. I am going to do some more listening today and make sure I have them NAILED before I remove the sliders and adjust the feet and finalize the set up.
My impressions:
The Divin Marquis is going to blow people away. It is nothing short of amazing. They work exceptionally well in my listening room which is 10 foot high, 16 feet wide and 23.3 feet long. or the ration of 1/1,6/2.33.
For those of you who don't have an exceptionally large room I believe this will straight up knock your socks off.
I don't want to gush or sound like a salesman however I have been sitting with a grin and goose-bumps listening to all kinds of music.
I believe I can get more out of them and will report back early next week as I hope to have 100 or so hours on them and some time to sit and finish the set up. If I sound excited its because I am. Oliver smashed it! We discussed this project well over a year ago and spent a lot of time discussing it last Axpona. Oliver and I spent the day walking around Chicago looking at Architecture and discussing the parameters of what the next speaker should be. He KILLED it... Bravo

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
The speakers have about 45 hours on them. I still have them on the sliders however I believe they are in the right spot in my room. I am going to do some more listening today and make sure I have them NAILED before I remove the sliders and adjust the feet and finalize the set up.
My impressions:
The Divin Marquis is going to blow people away. It is nothing short of amazing. They work exceptionally well in my listening room which is 10 foot high, 16 feet wide and 23.3 feet long. or the ration of 1/1,6/2.33.
For those of you who don't have an exceptionally large room I believe this will straight up knock your socks off.
I don't want to gush or sound like a salesman however I have been sitting with a grin and goose-bumps listening to all kinds of music.
I believe I can get more out of them and will report back early next week as I hope to have 100 or so hours on them and some time to sit and finish the set up. If I sound excited its because I am. Oliver smashed it! We discussed this project well over a year ago and spent a lot of time discussing it last Axpona. Oliver and I spent the day walking around Chicago looking at Architecture and discussing the parameters of what the next speaker should be. He KILLED it... Bravo

Would love to see the photos and may be a video or two. What are you driving them with right now, Elliot?

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
This "Insight" piece on Divin Marquis on monoandstereo.com contains many photos.
https://www.monoandstereo.com/2020/05/gobel-high-end-production-insights.html?m=1

Some of them are really insightful! :cool:
For example we can see that all Mundorf capacitors & coils on the crossover are re-measured, labelled and matched meticulously!

View attachment 65388
View attachment 65389
I'm surprised ... I expected to find the top-of-class of Mundorf's production ("supreme silver Gold...") On the contrary Goebel employs the basic line of capacitors (Evo Aluminium).
In a speaker of that price level it's a little bit strange ... disappointing IMHO.
Neverthless I appreciate the selection and measuring of each capacitors, a sort of matching for each pair of speakers

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Would love to see the photos and may be a video or two. What are you driving them with right now, Elliot?
I am using a CH Precision C1 mono/T1 clock.X-1 power supplies. M1.1 amplifier/L-1 preamp stereo , all Gobel cables, Some Nordost power gear and a Sonic Transporter as my Roon end point and a 10 TB hardrive with about * tb of music stored on it. I will see if I have some pics of the gear.

On the parts side I thought the idea was to pick the best sounding parts and to make the best sounding speaker.
The cost of said parts does not determine the sound. Rather than be disappointed perhaps if you want the real knowledge you will write to Oliver and ask him for I am sure he will give you a reply Analyzer

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2019-09-25 12.19.24.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2018-10-22 16.30.04.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2019-01-27 16.42.17.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2019-09-30 16.29.41.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2019-09-23 17.13.58.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
That should give you an idea Howie. I have already posted pics of the Marquis in the room and its the same set up. I am now using the L1 in stereo not Mono as I did earlier

Reactions: howiebrou

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
BY the way ALL of our speakers are matched and the matching is recorded so that if in the future the exact Data needs to be accessed it is available. Oliver is a perfectionist in all areas coming down to he smallest details and I am proud to be his distributor and his friend.
I think one should judge the result !

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Hello Elliot, many thanks for sharing the photos of your wonderful room. May I ask how far out from the front wall were the Noblesse positioned and also how far was the listening seat from the speakers? Would appreciate your feedback. Many thanks

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hello Elliot, many thanks for sharing the photos of your wonderful room. May I ask how far out from the front wall were the Noblesse positioned and also how far was the listening seat from the speakers? Would appreciate your feedback. Many thanks
I dont have the exact measurements to give you since they are not in position now. I can tell you the numbers on the Marquis as I am working with them now if you like. I want to make clear that this number is only the right number in my room and may not be similar in your or anyone else's room

With the Marquis the seat is 12 feet 4 in away and the back of the speakers to the wall is a little less than 4 feet.
These dims may change a bit as I am not yet totally finished with the set up however it wont be by a lot

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
I dont have the exact measurements to give you since they are not in position now. I can tell you the numbers on the Marquis as I am working with them now if you like. I want to make clear that this number is only the right number in my room and may not be similar in your or anyone else's room

With the Marquis the seat is 12 feet 4 in away and the back of the speakers to the wall is a little less than 4 feet.
These dims may change a bit as I am not yet totally finished with the set up however it wont be by a lot

Hello Elliot, I fully appreciate that these are approx numbers that apply to your room only. I am just interested in rough figures especially distance from front wall. My current room is close in dims to your room but I am planning a full remodel and will probably make the room bigger but nothing finalised yet. Have fun with the Marquis. Many thanks

Oliver Göbel

Industry Expert
Oct 9, 2017
Munich
www.goebel-highend.de
Dear all,

I’m very happy to read all the posts and interest about our new Divin Marquis loudspeakers. Many thanks for all your feedback. I also read the post from analyzer. Therefore please let me shortly summarize some points:

You are right, we are using the EVO Aluminium capacitors in the parallel path to the chassis, which is an awesome choice in this path. You maybe also noticed the value of theses big capacitors of around 150 uF.

For the capacitors in the serial path to the chassis we are using the Supreme EVO Oil types within the Divin Marquis, which you also can see on the photo. We of course extensively auditioned a really huge variation of different capacitor types from many suppliers. As you may already know, each capacitor has it’s own sonic signature. Also all other passive parts like inductors, resistors and cables have their own sonic signature. In extremely extensive auditioning sessions we always have to meticulously match and balance these different sonic signatures in order to reach the best possible result. The crossover parts, types and combinations, which we finally use for our crossovers, are for us sonically the best choice.

You maybe also noticed, that on the photo there are no resistors (actually only one) in the crossovers. The reason is, that every loudspeaker is finally measured together with the pre-adjusted/selected crossover and then again fine adjusted to the best possible equal result. So in the completed crossover you will also find supreme resistors attached to the black - on the photo still free - isolation cylinder.

Also you may noticed, that we use multiple epoxy resin treatments especially on the inductors. These treatments are applied in vacuum in house. Hereby the epoxy resins are deeply penetrating the windings and stabilizing them. For this we use different types of epoxy resins with different final shore, in order to perfectly stabilize them and dampen the resonances.

What you also can see on the photo is, that the bass crossover (the left section) and the Mid / High crossover (the right section) is completely separated, in order to secure as less as possible interferences between them. Last but not least each crossover component is hand wired point-to-point in order to avoid parasitic effects of pc-board type constructions.

The final moulded crossover box, which you see on the photo, is then mounted over silent blocks to the loudspeaker enclosure in order to best possible decouple the crossover from the loudspeaker cabinet. Additionally the crossover is located in a separated, completely sealed, enclosure part within the loudspeaker cabinet in order to totally isolate the crossover from air pressure inducted distortions of the chassis.

I hope I could provide you and all the other esteemed forum members a more inside view in our crossover development, design and thinkings.
You will experience all our efforts in an unbelievable natural and emotional sound reproduction which must be heard to believe.

All the best,
Oliver

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Oliver,
for cables and speaker you are NUMBER ONE!

You do products top quality and also very expensive but this new speaker for their construction,work time,component quality,really cost much less than all your competitors.

I am sure sound quality of Marquis,is much better that all your competitors with price 1.5 more,minimum,than this

Reactions: Elliot G.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Dear all,

I’m very happy to read all the posts and interest about our new Divin Marquis loudspeakers. Many thanks for all your feedback. I also read the post from analyzer. Therefore please let me shortly summarize some points:

You are right, we are using the EVO Aluminium capacitors in the parallel path to the chassis, which is an awesome choice in this path. You maybe also noticed the value of theses big capacitors of around 150 uF.

For the capacitors in the serial path to the chassis we are using the Supreme EVO Oil types within the Divin Marquis, which you also can see on the photo. We of course extensively auditioned a really huge variation of different capacitor types from many suppliers. As you may already know, each capacitor has it’s own sonic signature. Also all other passive parts like inductors, resistors and cables have their own sonic signature. In extremely extensive auditioning sessions we always have to meticulously match and balance these different sonic signatures in order to reach the best possible result. The crossover parts, types and combinations, which we finally use for our crossovers, are for us sonically the best choice.

You maybe also noticed, that on the photo there are no resistors (actually only one) in the crossovers. The reason is, that every loudspeaker is finally measured together with the pre-adjusted/selected crossover and then again fine adjusted to the best possible equal result. So in the completed crossover you will also find supreme resistors attached to the black - on the photo still free - isolation cylinder.

Also you may noticed, that we use multiple epoxy resin treatments especially on the inductors. These treatments are applied in vacuum in house. Hereby the epoxy resins are deeply penetrating the windings and stabilizing them. For this we use different types of epoxy resins with different final shore, in order to perfectly stabilize them and dampen the resonances.

What you also can see on the photo is, that the bass crossover (the left section) and the Mid / High crossover (the right section) is completely separated, in order to secure as less as possible interferences between them. Last but not least each crossover component is hand wired point-to-point in order to avoid parasitic effects of pc-board type constructions.

The final moulded crossover box, which you see on the photo, is then mounted over silent blocks to the loudspeaker enclosure in order to best possible decouple the crossover from the loudspeaker cabinet. Additionally the crossover is located in a separated, completely sealed, enclosure part within the loudspeaker cabinet in order to totally isolate the crossover from air pressure inducted distortions of the chassis.

I hope I could provide you and all the other esteemed forum members a more inside view in our crossover development, design and thinkings.
You will experience all our efforts in an unbelievable natural and emotional sound reproduction which must be heard to believe.

All the best,
Oliver

Thank you Oliver for a great description of the components and processes on how they are chosen. As far as I am concerned, as an end user, it is of academic concern only and my only concern is the final result which has surpassed my own expectations. The proof of the pudding, at the end of the day, is, after all, in the eating. Just like sausages, they taste great but you might not care how they are made!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hello Elliot, I fully appreciate that these are approx numbers that apply to your room only. I am just interested in rough figures especially distance from front wall. My current room is close in dims to your room but I am planning a full remodel and will probably make the room bigger but nothing finalised yet. Have fun with the Marquis. Many thanks
I will be happy to give all the exact numbers early next week. I believe that I will be finished with the set up and can report back. I am giving it a few days since I want to get 100 plus hours on the speakers before I finalize the position, the removal of the sliders and the adjustments of the footers. The last little details are fun and one has to be meticulous to get it all as close to perfect as possible. Stay in touch
E

Reactions: ashandger

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Thank you Oliver for a great description of the components and processes on how they are chosen. As far as I am concerned, as an end user, it is of academic concern only and my only concern is the final result which has surpassed my own expectations. The proof of the pudding, at the end of the day, is, after all, in the eating. Just like sausages, they taste great but you might not care how they are made!
Hello Gourmet Dr. Howie Who,
What sauages do you recommend?
:p

Reactions: Elliot G.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing