Göbel Divin Marquis

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear all,

I’m very happy to read all the posts and interest about our new Divin Marquis loudspeakers. Many thanks for all your feedback. I also read the post from analyzer. Therefore please let me shortly summarize some points:

You are right, we are using the EVO Aluminium capacitors in the parallel path to the chassis, which is an awesome choice in this path. You maybe also noticed the value of theses big capacitors of around 150 uF.

For the capacitors in the serial path to the chassis we are using the Supreme EVO Oil types within the Divin Marquis, which you also can see on the photo. We of course extensively auditioned a really huge variation of different capacitor types from many suppliers. As you may already know, each capacitor has it’s own sonic signature. Also all other passive parts like inductors, resistors and cables have their own sonic signature. In extremely extensive auditioning sessions we always have to meticulously match and balance these different sonic signatures in order to reach the best possible result. The crossover parts, types and combinations, which we finally use for our crossovers, are for us sonically the best choice.

You maybe also noticed, that on the photo there are no resistors (actually only one) in the crossovers. The reason is, that every loudspeaker is finally measured together with the pre-adjusted/selected crossover and then again fine adjusted to the best possible equal result. So in the completed crossover you will also find supreme resistors attached to the black - on the photo still free - isolation cylinder.

Also you may noticed, that we use multiple epoxy resin treatments especially on the inductors. These treatments are applied in vacuum in house. Hereby the epoxy resins are deeply penetrating the windings and stabilizing them. For this we use different types of epoxy resins with different final shore, in order to perfectly stabilize them and dampen the resonances.

What you also can see on the photo is, that the bass crossover (the left section) and the Mid / High crossover (the right section) is completely separated, in order to secure as less as possible interferences between them. Last but not least each crossover component is hand wired point-to-point in order to avoid parasitic effects of pc-board type constructions.

The final moulded crossover box, which you see on the photo, is then mounted over silent blocks to the loudspeaker enclosure in order to best possible decouple the crossover from the loudspeaker cabinet. Additionally the crossover is located in a separated, completely sealed, enclosure part within the loudspeaker cabinet in order to totally isolate the crossover from air pressure inducted distortions of the chassis.

I hope I could provide you and all the other esteemed forum members a more inside view in our crossover development, design and thinkings.
You will experience all our efforts in an unbelievable natural and emotional sound reproduction which must be heard to believe.

All the best,
Oliver

Hello Oliver,

Thank you very much for posting this detailed insight into your crossover design philosophy and component selection methodology!

I loved the Divin Majestic when I heard it in Munich two years ago!

Reactions: Elliot G.

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Dear all,

I’m very happy to read all the posts and interest about our new Divin Marquis loudspeakers. Many thanks for all your feedback. I also read the post from analyzer. Therefore please let me shortly summarize some points:

You are right, we are using the EVO Aluminium capacitors in the parallel path to the chassis, which is an awesome choice in this path. You maybe also noticed the value of theses big capacitors of around 150 uF.

For the capacitors in the serial path to the chassis we are using the Supreme EVO Oil types within the Divin Marquis, which you also can see on the photo. We of course extensively auditioned a really huge variation of different capacitor types from many suppliers. As you may already know, each capacitor has it’s own sonic signature. Also all other passive parts like inductors, resistors and cables have their own sonic signature. In extremely extensive auditioning sessions we always have to meticulously match and balance these different sonic signatures in order to reach the best possible result. The crossover parts, types and combinations, which we finally use for our crossovers, are for us sonically the best choice.

You maybe also noticed, that on the photo there are no resistors (actually only one) in the crossovers. The reason is, that every loudspeaker is finally measured together with the pre-adjusted/selected crossover and then again fine adjusted to the best possible equal result. So in the completed crossover you will also find supreme resistors attached to the black - on the photo still free - isolation cylinder.

Also you may noticed, that we use multiple epoxy resin treatments especially on the inductors. These treatments are applied in vacuum in house. Hereby the epoxy resins are deeply penetrating the windings and stabilizing them. For this we use different types of epoxy resins with different final shore, in order to perfectly stabilize them and dampen the resonances.

What you also can see on the photo is, that the bass crossover (the left section) and the Mid / High crossover (the right section) is completely separated, in order to secure as less as possible interferences between them. Last but not least each crossover component is hand wired point-to-point in order to avoid parasitic effects of pc-board type constructions.

The final moulded crossover box, which you see on the photo, is then mounted over silent blocks to the loudspeaker enclosure in order to best possible decouple the crossover from the loudspeaker cabinet. Additionally the crossover is located in a separated, completely sealed, enclosure part within the loudspeaker cabinet in order to totally isolate the crossover from air pressure inducted distortions of the chassis.

I hope I could provide you and all the other esteemed forum members a more inside view in our crossover development, design and thinkings.
You will experience all our efforts in an unbelievable natural and emotional sound reproduction which must be heard to believe.

All the best,
Oliver

Dear Oliver
it's always a rare privilege to hear an extensive report from a manufacturer. I'm happy and I find your answer satisfying.
Glad to hear that also the Supreme Evo are used in the Divin Marquis. and Yes.. I noted the value of 150microf. of the capacitor... these values are expensive.
meticulously matched values for each speaker... yes also this choice needs care and attention... excellent.

Furthermore I appreciate the rarely made choice of separation of crossover's box from the enclosures for both sections (mid-tweeter and woofer). Some manufacturer in their top-of-the-line run towards the option of a cabinet phisically separated from the vibration of the speaker, but this needs one more cable of connection; maybe you gain on one side and lose something on the other.
I'm sure that... you're sure of your choice putting extreme care for avoid vibration in x-overs.
My initial perplexity was influenced by some tweakers here in Italy who conducted experiments with capacitors in x-overs; they find Mundord Supreme Evo Oil as the best (actually second after Duelund cast pio, which are physically giant and outrageously priced...).
so... hope to meet you next year in Munchen high-end. In the past your room in MOC with Aeon series sounded very fine; I have also more expectations from the Divin series; my friend Gianni (gian60) had a special enthusiasm for your speakers after visiting your factory in Germany.
all the best
Marco

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Dear Oliver
it's always a rare privilege to hear an extensive report from a manufacturer. I'm happy and I find your answer satisfying.
Glad to hear that also the Supreme Evo are used in the Divin Marquis. and Yes.. I noted the value of 150microf. of the capacitor... these values are expensive.
meticulously matched values for each speaker... yes also this choice needs care and attention... excellent.

Furthermore I appreciate the rarely made choice of separation of crossover's box from the enclosures for both sections (mid-tweeter and woofer). Some manufacturer in their top-of-the-line run towards the option of a cabinet phisically separated from the vibration of the speaker, but this needs one more cable of connection; maybe you gain on one side and lose something on the other.
I'm sure that... you're sure of your choice putting extreme care for avoid vibration in x-overs.
My initial perplexity was influenced by some tweakers here in Italy who conducted experiments with capacitors in x-overs; they find Mundord Supreme Evo Oil as the best (actually second after Duelund cast pio, which are physically giant and outrageously priced...).
so... hope to meet you next year in Munchen high-end. In the past your room in MOC with Aeon series sounded very fine; I have also more expectations from the Divin series; my friend Gianni (gian60) had a special enthusiasm for your speakers after visiting your factory in Germany.
all the best
Marco
Marco, You should really hear these amazing speakers and I think the rest will be self evident. The Marquis will work in smaller rooms than our Noblesse and Majestic and give incredible sound. I find them to have FAR exceeded my expectations considering they are a third the price of the Noblesse.
I told Oliver he made them too good LOL
Elliot

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-05-26 10.13.11.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-05-26 10.13.20.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-05-26 10.13.24.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-05-26 10.13.32.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-05-26 10.13.38.jpg

Reactions: af428 and howiebrou

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
For those who asked here are some pics of the final placement of the Divin Marquis in my room. I have also adjusted the footers but its not really something that a photo can see. I ts about getting the tweeter height correct for the seating position in the room.
I am thrilled with the sound I am getting in my room. They are fast, incredibly dynamic, have wonderful size, space and dimension, can play loud and equally well on soft.
The dimensions from the rear wall are a little more than previously stated but only a little.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Divin shots.jpg

Reactions: howiebrou

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
marquis backover.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Check out the shine of the finish. Spectacular and the other shot is of the crossover under the back cover. Enjoy
The speakers are available in either single wire or bi-wire/bi-amp connections on the rear.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Beautiful Elliot. Congrats.
How are your Noblesse doing? Have you moved them at all? Adjusted the footers so the tweeter is pointing to your ear level?
Hope they are giving you as much please as the Marquis are giving me right now. I am in L U V!

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
How are your Noblesse doing? Have you moved them at all? Adjusted the footers so the tweeter is pointing to your ear level?
Hope they are giving you as much please as the Marquis are giving me right now. I am in L U V!
They are doing great. The only movement I have done so far is the toe in. Will work on footers next when I feel strong...

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
They are doing great. The only movement I have done so far is the toe in. Will work on footers next when I feel strong...
just get someone to stand on the opposite side with their foot against the speaker and tilt it to one side and then reverse the process. Its not that hard. I suggest measuring you ear height at your chair vs the tweeter height on the speakers and try getting them aligned

Reactions: howiebrou

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2020-06-03 14.32.50.jpg

Reactions: dan31

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
That's a Bending Wave USA burger which is an accessory when we know you are coming to hear the speakers. :)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Elliot, are you ok on multiple visits?

Reactions: gestalt

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing