Give us YOUR grooveshark playlists.

terryj

Jul 4, 2010
bathurst NSW
I'll start, here is how the game goes.

(We ARE here for the music ultimately??)

So, what happens is rather than just talking about an artist or album (maybe with a screenshot of the cover) we demonstrate our recommendations using grooveshark.

Can I say I love aimee mann? For sure, she might not have the best voice, but the music is beautiful and her voice (tho whiny at times) is full of emotion and easily conveys the intent of the song.

Ok, you have never heard of her (say). not much use then is it?

So, I have created a grooveshark playlist for you. click the link, select 'play all', and listen whilst you continue your net activities.

Could not be easier eh?

And furthermore, I care not if you come back and say 'what a load of crap' because I'd say 'Great! At least he listened' y'all follow?

I mean you gotta hear it before you can say ''I don't like it'' right?

So here it is to get the ball rolling

http://grooveshark.com/#/playlist/Aimee+Mann/55887560

As an example, I discovered Jesse Cooke thru the recommendations here. I simply typed jesse cook into the grooveshark search panel, selected an album and listened. Loved it.

Here I have taken one track across a selection of albums, maybe your choice is a few off one (the only good one in your opinion?). Make sense?

So, looking forward to finding tons of new music from YOU guys.

Thanks.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Same here! I only have one of his CD's however.

Jesse Cook - Noma&#.jpg

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Gravity is my favorite

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
How much music do they have in their library? I looked up one of my artists and it wasn't there. And oh, nice playlist :).

terryj

Jul 4, 2010
bathurst NSW
Yeah, gravity was the standout that I bough too.

That it is well recorded to boot is not a bad part of the deal!

How much music do they have in their library? I looked up one of my artists and it wasn't there. And oh, nice playlist :).

It can be surprising amir,I suggest you randomly start typing in artists and see what you find. For all I know there could be some genres poorly covered, with a glut of music in others.

It does not seem to have much tolerance for spelling errors tho, so that needs to be borne in mind.

And, for music streaming off the net I find the quality MORE than acceptable. An additional bonus when you want to audition an album....before buying of course! Hey, let's help the system not abuse it eh?

Glad you liked the playlist btw!!!:D

A neat feature of grooveshark is you can link to any part of the playlist given to you (ie song, artist or album). Say instead of a single artist as in my example there was a multiple set of artists, and you like one (or the album it came from) you can link from that list to the album or artist, and explore from there.

That is how I discovered (as but one example) that Alan Parsons had continued making albums after I had left him in the eighties. (man, was not that album pyramania a letdown after his first few????)

Much to my surprise very recently did I find an album he made in 2006 (I think it was)

Absolutely fantastic!!

And, in keeping with the thread here it is!!!

http://grooveshark.com/#/album/A+Valid+Path/391484

(note, there is a reprise off 'tales of mystery and imagination' on this album...a very GOOD reprise I might add)

Without consulting google, have a listen and tell me the two guest artists in the first track! I have NO doubt that most of you will immediately recognise the guitarist, the soaring high notes are a dead giveaway. The identity of the co-artist may be a tad more obscure.

Ah, there ya go amir. Having just typed that I CAN say the co-artist is very poorly represented on grooveshark.

Have a listen to that brilliant album from alan parsons,, not one dud on it.

There is so much scope for this I am looking forward to your music.

Variations are endless...

"The regular demo tracks I use"

"Songs that have pinpoint imaging"

"Tracks which have a presentation that transcends speaker positions' etc ad infinitum.

It's funny, I have tried to get this going on a few forums, it never takes off. I see it as afar more valuable thing than the usual 'what are you playing now'.

So why it never takes off it a big mystery to me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing