Goebel Cables

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
What do you guys think about Goebel cables? I am hooked to Siltech upper echelons cable and think there is nothing coming even close to Siltech until I heard Goebel cables, the Goebel wasn’t better, but it was as good as Siltech. Although I still love my Siltech I also have lots of qualms about the brand and formerly said nothing about the flaws because I think nothing even come close in SQ until I heard Goebel cable at BIG fraction of the price of the Siltech and much better construction.

Now… I think Siltech’s price is very ridiculous to begin with, on top of that they also use squeezing price policy (example; price difference between 1 and 1.5 m IC or 2 m to 2.5 m SC is way out of this world just for extra 50 cm of cable) and the Triple Crown range is way too stiff to do anything with, it also got humongous plugs making it risky/not possible to install without adaptor on certain components with recessed rca receptable plugs, I would’ve not pay for Siltech Triple Crown range if I know I have to use sound degrading adaptor just to simply plug the thing into my components. The plug itself…. man… talking about soft and fragile, the worst on the Triple Crown RCA plug, you’ll get bend at positive/middle RCA pin just by looking at it, with how heavy and stiff Triple Crown is I don’t think it’s possible at all to use Triple Crown RCA without bending the positive/middle RCA after some time. I also don’t know whats’s up with Siltech’s spade terminal, after some time on my Siltech King SC it just turn corroded black with nothing shinny left, I have $1 terminal with more durable finish than this cable. Don’t get me to talk about the box, again on the Triple Crown cable, I have had fast food box with better construction and durability than the box containing the very expensive Triple Crown cable that cost as much as some small house in my country.

Although I love the sound, I don’t agree with the pricing policy and dislike the construction of the Triple Crown range also due to upcoming components change I might need to ditch some of the Siltech and getting something else with similar/exactly the same performance as my existing Siltech because otherwise I absolutely love the sound. Thanks

Last edited:

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
I talked mostly about the IC but I had a chance to do a quick compare in my friend’s place who owns Siltech Double Crown Speaker Cable……LOL… no comparison, unlike my Siltech King which is comparable to Goebel, Siltech Double Crown won hands down when compared to the same Goebel Lacorde Statement, it wasn’t even close. No further discussion needed here.

Reactions: GuyB

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
What do you guys think about Goebel cables? I am hooked to Siltech upper echelons cable and think there is nothing coming even close to Siltech until I heard Goebel cables, the Goebel wasn’t better, but it was as good as Siltech.
In which way is as good? I am so very much interested in these two cables. Could you please describe how each sound and how do they differ apart from the practicality stand point.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I use Goebel power cords, speaker cables and USB, amongst others. Apart from their weight which is a pain, I think they are very good. Compared to my previous Valhalla speakers cables the difference was like the difference between a cat's purr and one trying to claw your eyes out...

Reactions: tima

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought the same cat did both?

Sammy T

Aug 30, 2012
Once you hear a Gobel Lacorde USB cable ... the rest of them now sound a bit broken .

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
In which way is as good? I am so very much interested in these two cables. Could you please describe how each sound and how do they differ apart from the practicality stand point.
Siltech is the one cable that taught me the meaning of neutral and transparent, yet there was no “veil has been lifted” moment when I switched from Siltech King to Goebel, which always happened to me before even when comparing with more expensive cable, other than that I couldnt say much because we were auditioning something else not cable. I will do more detailed head to head comparison tomorrow at home, will give deeper insight. Double Crown was much better though but the Goebel is still not broken in while the Siltech/s are fully broken in so the jury is still out there.

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
I use Goebel power cords, speaker cables and USB, amongst others. Apart from their weight which is a pain, I think they are very good. Compared to my previous Valhalla speakers cables the difference was like the difference between a cat's purr and one trying to claw your eyes out...
LOL!!! That was a funny one But yeah I nad the same impression with Goebel, so transparent and detailed yet very smooth and engaging emotionally. .

Reactions: Forte

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Once you hear a Gobel Lacorde USB cable ... the rest of them now sound a bit broken .
I heard about that and at bery reasonable price too. Tempted to get one they have on stock to replace my Shunyata Sigma USB.

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
So tomorrow I will be comparing:
- Goebel SC vs Siltech King (again)
- Goebel XLR vs Siltech Double Crown
- Goebel USB vs Shunyata Sigma USB

can’t wait

Reactions: christoph

xphynance

Mar 26, 2020
Uviik,
Thank you for your impression on the Siltech and Goebel, also interested in these two brands, any update for the shootout?

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Goebel is definitely special, the more I heard it the more I like it. Very very neutral and more affordable cable, not hyper expensive like Siltech. Definitely beat Siltech King hands down, still not too sure if comparing with Siltech Double Crown or Triple Crown. I am still burning in my Goebel in the system, yes I took one. That’s how much I like it.

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
One thing I notice more and more is the bass. No comparison with Siltech King, Goebel’s bass is a lot more controlled, alot more slam, tight yet musical. I can say that I like Goebel cable.

Reactions: howiebrou

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Elliot lent me a set for a couple of months. They are really excellent cables.

battles

Dec 11, 2011
I have a full loom of Gobel. As you likely have read, they take 500 hours+ to burn in, so be patient. What I heard a few days In, compared to what I hear now, is much different.

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
I just compared fully burned in Siltech Double Crown XLR vs brand new Goebel XLR. No comparison Siltech is better, Goebel was flat, but it was unfair because the Goebel was brand new so now the Goebel is sitting on the dealer burning in and we’ll do another test in a month. Will report back. If Goebel can beat Siltech DC I think I will have to switch allegiance in terms of cable.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing